Home

CPU late game

This is a discussion on CPU late game within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2019, 06:38 PM   #1
MVP

Lisac's Arena

OVR: 0
CPU late game

Please fix the CPU play calling at ends of game-
Very frustrating watching the CPU line up in Shotgun on my 15 with 10 seconds left and no timeouts and not attempt the FG
Thankfully I used my Timeouts and it was 4th down otherwise game wouldve been tied-
(Didnt mind taking the loss)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2019, 09:31 AM   #2
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Re: CPU late game

It's very frustrating. Especially when they claimed to have fixed it a couple patches ago.
Old 10-09-2019, 09:44 AM   #3
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
It's very frustrating. Especially when they claimed to have fixed it a couple patches ago.
Fixed, no. But it is improved. At least so much as the AI will call TO’s rather than let the clock expire.

I think the play-calling is a bigger issue at this point. A minute left, no TO’s, down by 6 on their own 40... and the CPU may very well try to run it up the middle. Not nearly enough routes / attempts toward the sidelines either.
Old 10-09-2019, 12:47 PM   #4
Pro

As a side note, has anyone noticed that this game does not have enough out routes to account for these scenarios? Maybe there is a play here and there that has a 10 yard out but in these late-game "have to stop the clock scenarios" many teams will run combo routes where the underneath guy runs maybe a 10 yard out and the deep guy runs maybe an 18 yard or comeback route.
Old 10-10-2019, 11:14 AM   #5
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfortablyLomb
Fixed, no. But it is improved. At least so much as the AI will call TO’s rather than let the clock expire.

I think the play-calling is a bigger issue at this point. A minute left, no TO’s, down by 6 on their own 40... and the CPU may very well try to run it up the middle. Not nearly enough routes / attempts toward the sidelines either.
Agree on this.

Although, I just played a user vs cpu cfm game last night vs da Bears. Packers up 28 to 24 with over a minute left in the game and the Bears ball. They took the required timeouts and had a long pass that was deflected with the ball at the Pack 12 yd line with over 30 seconds left and no timeouts left.

In the past, you would need to worry about robo QB and comeback mode. 4 straight times I called cover 6 press. If I could get pressure, Trubisky would hurry the ball and overthrow, which I thought was good to see. 4 straight incompletions with a few balls that were batted or swatted and a few overthrows.

I was impressed, pretty much all pro default.

The CPU didn't try to run in that situation at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »