Home

QB Debacle, Franchise

This is a discussion on QB Debacle, Franchise within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2019, 01:33 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
QB Debacle, Franchise

Alright boys

I started a fantasy draft franchise as the Steelers. I picked mcaffery with my first rounder, a solid young core on D, with several of my early picks, and dAk Prescott.

After one season we went 10-7, pretty good, made the wild card. Won a single playoff game then lost to Brady’s team in a tight game. Not bad considering the first game mcaffery got hurt for the season. Our offense is west coast, and I tend to run a lot of small plays, but really the diversity keeps the offense flowing. My TE is my best/most used target.

I had the 25th pick in the draft and grabbed a qb, because he just looked so good. He had A+ throw power and I figured it was worth getting a qb ready to take over once dAk hit 30 or so in a couple years. Well, the QB is a 76 overall. He’s huge, but not athletic at all. He doesn’t fit the play style is developed but the kid has a freaking cannon and is a SUPER STAR X FACTOR. So now I’m left trying to figure out if I blow up my older qb, and build his overall a **** ton, or if I stay competitive and go for a super bowl now that mcaffery is back, and dAk has worked his way up to an 86 overall.

The thing is, I feel like because of the drastic differences in style, I’d have some obstacles. I’d need a better O line, by a lot, and would likely have to find a new scheme as my rookie does not scramble, and cannot survive easily in the pocket.

If we stick with Dak, we have a chance at a conference win, or super bowl. If I go with the backup, and get rid of dak and a few 30+ defenders who are declining in exchange for picks and prospects, this new QB has the potential to lead a team that could be dominant for years. But our immediate success would be unlikely.

Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2019, 02:09 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: QB Debacle, Franchise

For a franchise, the later.

Question, are you simming or playing your games? If you playing, I was definitely do the later.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 10-17-2019, 03:33 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite76
For a franchise, the later.

Question, are you simming or playing your games? If you playing, I was definitely do the later.

I am playing probably 75% of the games and occasionally sim a game
Old 10-17-2019, 04:53 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

Trade Dak for draft picks or if there is an excellent rookie OL with good dev trait then trade for him. Your QB will be 86 OVR or better in two seasons if he plays.
Old 10-17-2019, 07:13 PM   #5
MVP

I never draft anyone in the 1st round i don't plan on starting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2019, 08:12 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
I never draft anyone in the 1st round i don't plan on starting.
Why?

Old 10-17-2019, 09:22 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderRatedCoast
Trade Dak for draft picks or if there is an excellent rookie OL with good dev trait then trade for him. Your QB will be 86 OVR or better in two seasons if he plays.
Thanks boss
Old 10-17-2019, 09:31 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite76
Why?

Because they take up cap space and take a good player away from the cpu teams. They need all the help they can get. Sitting on my bench means they will never be as good as they could have been. I don't mean they automatically start if they don't turn out to be as good as i thought they were going to be. I would rather spend my money keeping my proven veterans.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »