Home

What positions do you prioritize defensively?

This is a discussion on What positions do you prioritize defensively? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2019, 04:58 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
What positions do you prioritize defensively?

I like to have a really good rolb, because they can do so many different things for the team. They can rush, make big tackles outside, and defend passes. A well rounded rolb can feel like they’re impacting all parts of the D. I also like to prioritize CBs, taking away those dump passes outside and the stretch run plays, and being able to threaten interceptions. Not to mention you can mix up coverage to create different looks for the offense if you can trust your cbs in man coverage.

What about y’all?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2019, 05:55 PM   #2
Rye
Rookie

Rye's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What positions do you prioritize defensively?

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah1212
I like to have a really good rolb, because they can do so many different things for the team. They can rush, make big tackles outside, and defend passes. A well rounded rolb can feel like they’re impacting all parts of the D. I also like to prioritize CBs, taking away those dump passes outside and the stretch run plays, and being able to threaten interceptions. Not to mention you can mix up coverage to create different looks for the offense if you can trust your cbs in man coverage.

What about y’all?
I always prioritize Linebackers first, preferably Middle. Guys like Luke, Wagner etc. are so impactful. I love having a great LB unit. In my fantasy draft franchise, I'm running a Tampa 2 Defense with Jaylon Smith, Telvin Smith and Myles Jack as my LBs. After 6 games I'm leading the league in INTs, Telvin has 5 alone.

I just feel like, especially with my style of defense the LBs play such a big factor it's good to prioritize that position. Middle or outside.

After LB, I'd probably say DL. Running a Tampa 2 and having mainly a 4 man rush, you need a good DL to get pressure consistently. Since I play on All Madden that's especially true lol

Sent from my LG-D850 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-22-2019, 07:22 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 1

lbers. in my franchise i have just resigned 3, 2 mlb 1 rolb. i cant afford bosa and buckner next year but thats fine get run stuffers and let those 3 cause chaos. then its fs/ss and heavy on zcv. qb cant throw if is on the floor is my motto
Old 10-22-2019, 09:17 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 2

Besides LB, I’d go with LE. It seems that most pressure in Madden comes from the LE position, so I like to lock that down with a stud.
Old 10-22-2019, 10:39 PM   #5
Pro

TurboTitan's Arena

OVR: 6

I always play DE or DT. Like real life, pass rush is key in M20 to not get picked apart.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2019, 11:50 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboTitan
I always play DE or DT. Like real life, pass rush is key in M20 to not get picked apart.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Operation Sports mobile app
My experience so far has been that the line usually doesn’t come into play on pass plays. There just too many options for the AI to dump it for a 0 yard gain. I find the pass coverage and rune defense tends to be the biggest factors, which the d line plays a huge part in stopping the run. But maybe I’m doing it wrong

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »