Home

Official Madden NFL 20 Roster Update For Week 9 Available, See The Changes Here - Midseason Update

This is a discussion on Official Madden NFL 20 Roster Update For Week 9 Available, See The Changes Here - Midseason Update within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2019, 11:56 AM   #9
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Official Madden NFL 20 Roster Update For Week 9 Available, See The Changes Here -

The ratings system and methodology needs a complete overhaul. It seems like the Cowboys fan that runs it just reads box scores and watches highlights and goes with that. Just because a player had a "quiet" game doesn't mean he should lose rankings. Maybe the other team didn't throw at him, or his top WR was out, or they didn't run his direction, or he wasn't featured in the gameplay, etc. It's not just what shows up on Sportscenter.
Old 11-01-2019, 02:24 PM   #10
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Official Madden NFL 20 Roster Update For Week 9 Available, See The Changes Here -

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
Players should not get a boost or drop to their rating based on one game. I'd say every 4 games would make more sense.
That'll never happen again from a marketing perspective.

That's how it used to be but they'll never go back to it
Old 11-01-2019, 08:54 PM   #11
MVP

loccdogg26's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
The ratings system and methodology needs a complete overhaul. It seems like the Cowboys fan that runs it just reads box scores and watches highlights and goes with that. Just because a player had a "quiet" game doesn't mean he should lose rankings. Maybe the other team didn't throw at him, or his top WR was out, or they didn't run his direction, or he wasn't featured in the gameplay, etc. It's not just what shows up on Sportscenter.
I don't know if he is still a member on here or not but he seems like he is willing to listen to people's opinions and feelings on Twitter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2019, 05:09 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 0

Is there anyone with access to a devs ear or the roster "guru" that can find out why they can't/won't update draft picks for offline franchise via roster update(s) or, at the very least, title updates/patches?
Old 11-02-2019, 06:57 PM   #13
MVP

briz1046's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Osprey
Is there anyone with access to a devs ear or the roster "guru" that can find out why they can't/won't update draft picks for offline franchise via roster update(s) or, at the very least, title updates/patches?
I can tell you this , they cant do it via roster updates because the game isnt built that way way , it would require an update ( patch ) to CFM , this is possible but would only ever be " correct " if you start a CFM using that specific weeks roster update , if you wish to use any other roster they would still be wrong .( ie Miami will have Tunsil AND the draft picks they acquired by trading him )
Thus the draft picks "in situ" when you start a CFM are reflective of the start of the year , which makes sense if you start a CFM with the default roster
You can use ' play now live ' and enter a CFM at the week of you're choice , with corresponding rosters and draft picks in place as per that week .
All these options have pros and cons , and the choice is yours
Old 11-02-2019, 08:19 PM   #14
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

to be fair they need 32 rater people because to rate a team fairy it needs to take 3 hours a team at least

1 looking up every player and his stats
2 watching that team game
3 scheme fit
4 reading everything online

its a very hard job
Old 11-02-2019, 10:53 PM   #15
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by briz1046
I can tell you this , they cant do it via roster updates because the game isnt built that way way , it would require an update ( patch ) to CFM , this is possible but would only ever be " correct " if you start a CFM using that specific weeks roster update , if you wish to use any other roster they would still be wrong .( ie Miami will have Tunsil AND the draft picks they acquired by trading him )
Thus the draft picks "in situ" when you start a CFM are reflective of the start of the year , which makes sense if you start a CFM with the default roster
You can use ' play now live ' and enter a CFM at the week of you're choice , with corresponding rosters and draft picks in place as per that week .
All these options have pros and cons , and the choice is yours
Using "active roster" in an offline franchise gives you updated rosters/player movement, just not draft picks. I'm curious why they can't update the draft picks too. If It's simply not possible due to the horrid rigidity of cfm, then at the very least, why cant they include it as part of title updates/patches?

And, yes, I'm aware cloud franchise has updated draft picks. I don't want to play a cloud franchise. I want to play an offline franchise with updated draft picks, without having to go through the asinine process of moving the picks manually. That shouldn't be too much to ask in 2019.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2019, 01:58 AM   #16
MVP

briz1046's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Osprey
Using "active roster" in an offline franchise gives you updated rosters/player movement, just not draft picks. I'm curious why they can't update the draft picks too. If It's simply not possible due to the horrid rigidity of cfm, then at the very least, why cant they include it as part of title updates/patches?

And, yes, I'm aware cloud franchise has updated draft picks. I don't want to play a cloud franchise. I want to play an offline franchise with updated draft picks, without having to go through the asinine process of moving the picks manually. That shouldn't be too much to ask in 2019.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Operation Sports mobile app
As previously stated the draft picks are a part of CFM , they cannot be updated in a roster update , as the rosters do not include them

They can be updated via patch but it really doesnt make sense to do so . If you're starting a CFM at the start of the season , the logical thing is to use the roster from then , with draft picks in place as per that time .if you choose to do otherwise ( as we both do ) it makes sense to expect to have to do some things yourself

Whilst it's possible to start a CFM using the rosters from any week , the draft pick situation is not flexible , in the same way , you can only use the latest update ( as with most aspects of the game ) , thus leaving them as they were IS the most logical thing to do .if they did update them to how they are now they would still be wrong for anybody wanting to start a CFM with default rosters or custom rosters from any earlier weeks

They provide the facility via play now live to get updated picks for those people that choose that path

So you can start a CFM at week one with everything correct , or at any week with everything correct , but if you choose to "mix and match " you will need to do some editing yourself

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »