Home

Pistol generic vs custom pistol playbook

This is a discussion on Pistol generic vs custom pistol playbook within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2019, 08:27 PM   #1
Rookie

VTWiseGuy's Arena

OVR: 0
Pistol generic vs custom pistol playbook

I need some input I am using the pistol generic right now that has some plays that you were not be able used in a custom playbook. Which route will be a good one to go?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2019, 09:44 PM   #2
Rookie

NoQuarterPirate's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Pistol generic vs custom pistol playbook

I personally would use the generic pistol, but I think it depends on what you want to get from it. I’ve noticed that the generic has a lot of power and counter concepts with the wing/H Back as a kick or wrap puller, whereas some of the pistol sets in team specific playbooks tend to be zone based with zone read compliments. You also get a lot of play action boots in the generic. If you are using a mobile QB, custom may be a better option since there’s plenty of zone read to choose from. If you have a less mobile QB the generic is good because it’s more about play action and straight gives rather than option.
Old 11-17-2019, 01:05 AM   #3
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Pistol generic vs custom pistol playbook

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTWiseGuy
I need some input I am using the pistol generic right now that has some plays that you were not be able used in a custom playbook. Which route will be a good one to go?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Generic if you just want a power run game, custom if you want to run option. I had been going back and forth between generic pistol and generic spread specifically because of those formations/plays in each one that just aren't available for custom playbooks but eventually decided I needed to go custom because I just run too much option and jet sweep in my offense.

Generic pistol is a really good playbook but I think the plays/formations you will lose going custom can be mostly replaced and the options and RPO you get in their place are fantastic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »