Home

Pass Coverage

This is a discussion on Pass Coverage within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2019, 03:11 AM   #25
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Pass Coverage

Quote:
Originally Posted by YumNug86
I absolutely have noticed this. Derwin James will literally watch a ball go right by him. It has been happening way more frequently since the patch. CPU QBs are averaging 80-90% completion rates, but mainly because they just dump it down and aren't really going down field much.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Operation Sports mobile app
Yeah been happening to me, josh Allen is 12/13 with just tad over 100 yards, all are like quick dump off that somehow get like 10 yards lol. A lot of times the ball gets thrown right at my linebacker or safety and they hardly react.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2019, 05:08 AM   #26
Rookie

Richie71's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexemil1
My skill level is very average however I cannot he stopped in the passing game on all pro. CPU defenders will initially have solid coverage but when the ball is in the air they don’t stay with the receiver and actually run away from them. From what I have read the has been an ongoing issue. I’m playing as the Vikings and cousins plays like Tom Brady. Is there any sliders that off set this huge issue? I don’t want to move up to all madden as I think the game becomes even more unrealistic. Any helpful hints would be appreciated.

Play All-Madden with Charter04's sliders.
Old 12-02-2019, 06:49 AM   #27
MVP

Added logic to contextually slow down AI-controlled zone-coverage defenders’ break on the throw when they are not facing the QB and/or moving at speeds too fast to quickly change direction.

DEV NOTE: In a previous title update, we globally increased the ‘break-on-ball’ speeds to improve zone coverage, based on player’s feedback. With that change, we eluded to adding more context to the tuning in a future title update so we could be better at tuning break times more precisely. This is the follow-up to that tuning, and this should make zone defenders in plays like Cover 2 and Cover 3 less effective at quickly breaking on multiple routes in their zone.

After playing several games, thus having a larger sample size to judge from, zone defenders have been unrealistically dumbed down thru my eyes and is likely a result of the above patch note. As a user, I am having no problems playing press man effectively, as long as I use proper shading techniques. I am also able to switch when playing zone and play the ball. However, the CPU often times "completely" fails to respond to playable ball-in-air situations, when they clearly have eyes on it and are in position to do so.

It is not as over-the-top as it was at launch, but I feel this change was simply not necessary and coverage was much better before this tuning took place. I hope they revisit this and reset this tuning, while leaving improvements to Cover 4 alone.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »