Home

Advantage DE or OL ?

This is a discussion on Advantage DE or OL ? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2019, 11:40 AM   #1
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9
Advantage DE or OL ?

So here is my question. Do people think there is a built in advantage for the CPU DE versus a human ?

I play as the Eagles and Lane Johnson just got smoked most of the season vs CPU defensive ends. Demarcus Lawrence had 7 or 8 sacks in 2 games against me. I don't expect Johnson to shut him down but he was in the backfield all game and I could not get anything going.

He even had some poor games against non superstar D Ends.

Funny thing is one game I remember him having a decent game was against the Bears and Mack. I think Mack had one sack but he wasn't constantly in the backfield or super disruptive.

Lawrence just killed me. I get it if Johnson was hurt, which doesn't seem to happen to OL this year, but he wasn't and he's high rated himself.

Also just as an FYI Jason Peters on the left side was fine.

What are people's thought's on this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2019, 11:44 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Advantage DE or OL ?

It's the game this year. With xfactors and game features, the pass rush is juiced up. I remember a developer said this is to counter the xfactors of the skill players. Basically now everybody got super powers and the world is in chaos...lol

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Old 12-06-2019, 12:16 PM   #3
MVP

cch99's Arena

I get it against the regular lineman moreso. Lane Johnson is a Superstar as well. I figured that would counteract Lawrence to some degree.
Old 12-06-2019, 12:37 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cch99
I get it against the regular lineman moreso. Lane Johnson is a Superstar as well. I figured that would counteract Lawrence to some degree.
I think OL factors are still a work in progress

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Old 12-06-2019, 03:48 PM   #5
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Did you game plan against him? Meaning, double team him or shift blocking or anything like that. I know the devs said that you have to account for these players and game plan to have success.

I think with the OL superstar abilities added later, that probably has had some impact as well.

Currently Playing:

Stardew Valley (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2019, 04:03 PM   #6
MVP

cch99's Arena

Eventually I started shifting the line. That seemed to help some. I guess I just expected Lane Johnson to be better.
Old 12-07-2019, 07:52 AM   #7
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

While pass rush superstar abilities are definitely overpowered especially for edge rushers, you can still somewhat combat this by double teaming a pass rush threat and/or keeping your RB and/or TE in to block.

One thing that really bugs me about these new abilities is they give out breakout scenarios like crazy especially in online leagues, yet there is still no breakout scenarios for the OL and they still are immune to dev increases period. We need some kind of breakout scenarios for the OL, they can be based on certain team goals. We counted in out online league where we're near the end of season 2 and we now have something like 48 pass rushers with superstar/x-factor abilities vs 17 OL with abilities after all of the breakouts and need of season dev increases we've seen so far. To make things worse most of the OL with superstar abilities are already up there I'm age and not far from retirement.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 12-07-2019, 11:05 AM   #8
MVP

cch99's Arena

Played Dallas again in Season 2 of my franchise. Gameplanned for Lawrence. Double teamed when I thought I needed it and did live shifts. He still had 4.5 sacks. Wentz was horrible. Threw 4 picks because I was getting sacked so much I started trying to get rid of the ball. Lost 54-14. This is on All Pro with no slider changes. I can’t figure this dude out.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »