Home

Is Everyone using live playbooks?

This is a discussion on Is Everyone using live playbooks? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-21-2019, 08:14 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 3
Is Everyone using live playbooks?

I am just trying to see who is or isn’t using live playbooks and why? What are the pros vs cons?

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2019, 12:08 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Is Everyone using live playbooks?

Definitely and I like the addition of new plays,not missing the plays that are out.I use Niners playbooks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Warriors
Sharks
Old 12-22-2019, 03:28 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 2

I use live playbooks to.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-27-2019, 09:14 AM   #4
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Well, I play franchise mode exclusively, so I take the live playbooks like I do roster updates - useless. I'm sure it's great for people who dabble with Play Now or straight H2H games, but I don't see the point for franchise.

Even if they could be assigned to the CPU teams, the play-calling percentages are not set appropriately based on real life, as per data mined by Sabo.
Old 12-27-2019, 11:57 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 3

Josh what playbooks do you run with? Do you stick with your teams default?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2019, 12:46 PM   #6
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by niftyjets
Josh what playbooks do you run with? Do you stick with your teams default?
Well, when I play a franchise (for any game), I have to have an angle. I have to have some sort of a narrative in my head. I can't just do "I'm going to start a _____ franchise today" and roll with it; I quickly lose interest.

I did a Miami franchise where the 'angle' was the obvious one - can Miami rebuild? Personnel constantly changed, and as a consequence, I used multiple playbooks as my team struggled for the first 4 years. Mid-way through year 4, I started using the TB playbook as it seemed to fit my personnel and scheme (vertical zone) and I fell in love with it for that roster. I stuck with it in year 5 as I drafted a massive Strong Arm QB...and rode him and that playbook all the way to the Super Bowl. After the win, I semi-retired the franchise (though I do have a post yr 5 draft file saved...just in case).

Right now, I am in Year 2 of an Arizona franchise for the sheer reason of wanting to see if the Air Raid could succeed (a style I normally struggle with). Obviously, I used AZ's playbook here. In this franchise, I will follow Kingsbury around...so if I get fired, I will try to take another job to try to make the Air Raid work....that's the angle - can this work in the NFL? Year 1 sucked, but I'm hitting my stride in Year 2 with it and have begun developing my own style within the book (i.e. the book within the book).

I'm really wanting to start another AFC franchise to go alongside the Cards. I just haven't come up with the "story" I want to tell. Once I do, I'll let that narrative drive my scheme/roster approach and thus the playbooks.

I know this isn't the most traditional answer to this question but it's how I roll
Old 12-27-2019, 01:05 PM   #7
Rookie

alston4659's Arena

OVR: 0

Bills are a very interesting AFC team. Plus you get to take down the Patriots twice a year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Well, when I play a franchise (for any game), I have to have an angle. I have to have some sort of a narrative in my head. I can't just do "I'm going to start a _____ franchise today" and roll with it; I quickly lose interest.

I did a Miami franchise where the 'angle' was the obvious one - can Miami rebuild? Personnel constantly changed, and as a consequence, I used multiple playbooks as my team struggled for the first 4 years. Mid-way through year 4, I started using the TB playbook as it seemed to fit my personnel and scheme (vertical zone) and I fell in love with it for that roster. I stuck with it in year 5 as I drafted a massive Strong Arm QB...and rode him and that playbook all the way to the Super Bowl. After the win, I semi-retired the franchise (though I do have a post yr 5 draft file saved...just in case).

Right now, I am in Year 2 of an Arizona franchise for the sheer reason of wanting to see if the Air Raid could succeed (a style I normally struggle with). Obviously, I used AZ's playbook here. In this franchise, I will follow Kingsbury around...so if I get fired, I will try to take another job to try to make the Air Raid work....that's the angle - can this work in the NFL? Year 1 sucked, but I'm hitting my stride in Year 2 with it and have begun developing my own style within the book (i.e. the book within the book).

I'm really wanting to start another AFC franchise to go alongside the Cards. I just haven't come up with the "story" I want to tell. Once I do, I'll let that narrative drive my scheme/roster approach and thus the playbooks.

I know this isn't the most traditional answer to this question but it's how I roll
Sent from my LM-G710 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-27-2019, 02:33 PM   #8
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Well, I play franchise mode exclusively, so I take the live playbooks like I do roster updates - useless. I'm sure it's great for people who dabble with Play Now or straight H2H games, but I don't see the point for franchise.

Even if they could be assigned to the CPU teams, the play-calling percentages are not set appropriately based on real life, as per data mined by Sabo.
I'm with you, don't see the point for CFM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »