Home

Will ever get updated relocation stadiums and uniforms?

This is a discussion on Will ever get updated relocation stadiums and uniforms? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2020, 05:56 AM   #17
Rookie

steve115658's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Will ever get updated relocation stadiums and uniforms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCoffee1983
Oh my gosh I forgot Estadio Azteca was in EA games. That would be awesome if you could use stadiums like that in CFM.

Also, I would LOVE some sort of CFM customization suite. Even if I had to pay for it as a DLC. It would probably be the only time I would pay extra for anything in Madden (I think MUT is lame).

I also think we should be able to use any of current 3 uniform options per city in any city we want. Why not let me choose from all 90 or so informs, even though some options are terrible or slightly insulting, it would be a quick and easy way for EA to give us more flexibility and choice when relocating a team.

Maybe I want to be the Mexico City Beats, or the Mexico City Bulls. I’ve been to Mexico several times and they love music and bulls much more than they like the devil or conquistadors. I can say that with 100% confidence. It’s my game, why not just let me do what I want?
So this wont help most issues in the game but if you want to be for example the mexico city beats you can relocate to Brooklyn and then the next year relocate to mexico city and choose to keep the name. Fairly immersion breaking but immersion is already pretty low haha.
Season 3: 16-3 Super Bowl Champions
Minnesota Vikings
Season 4: Coming soon
Old 01-07-2020, 12:06 PM   #18
Pro

Cory Levy's Arena

OVR: 0

It's absolutely pitiful how lacking the customization aspect of the Madden football games is. From Relocation to Player Creation (I will never understand how they could implement in depth player creation for Face of the Franchise mode yet keep the same pitiful Choose-A-Face for regular Franchise), Madden just fails to give the player any amount of on hands detailing. I fully expect it'll be a huge selling point on one of the next generation versions of Madden (FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER, THE NFL IS IN *YOUR* HANDS!) but I also won't be surprised when we just never get the in depth features we had two console generations ago ever again.

It also pains me when I can look over at the ridiculous amount of customization you can obtain in other sports games and then come back to Madden to the absolute bare bones customization.

I don't buy the whole "NFL must be holding the dev team back" narrative. It doesn't make sense that the NFL would straight up prevent you from making your own jerseys for a fictional team. I 100% believe it's just the dev team being told to not worry or focus on the mode that doesn't generate income. I won't slam the dev team for not being capable because I believe they are. I do believe they are constricted by EA so tightly that they have virtually no free reign over their own game though.

At this point I pine for more depth that I'd be WILLING to pay for DLC to customize my personal Head Coach so that he can not look like a mutated freak. I'd be WILLING to pay a micro-transaction to create a new jersey for the Cowboys that looks sleek and original. I'd be WILLING to pay actual money for a Franchise mode than I can actually control and immerse myself in.
Old 01-07-2020, 01:59 PM   #19
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Levy
It's absolutely pitiful how lacking the customization aspect of the Madden football games is. From Relocation to Player Creation (I will never understand how they could implement in depth player creation for Face of the Franchise mode yet keep the same pitiful Choose-A-Face for regular Franchise), Madden just fails to give the player any amount of on hands detailing. I fully expect it'll be a huge selling point on one of the next generation versions of Madden (FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER, THE NFL IS IN *YOUR* HANDS!) but I also won't be surprised when we just never get the in depth features we had two console generations ago ever again.

It also pains me when I can look over at the ridiculous amount of customization you can obtain in other sports games and then come back to Madden to the absolute bare bones customization.

I don't buy the whole "NFL must be holding the dev team back" narrative. It doesn't make sense that the NFL would straight up prevent you from making your own jerseys for a fictional team. I 100% believe it's just the dev team being told to not worry or focus on the mode that doesn't generate income. I won't slam the dev team for not being capable because I believe they are. I do believe they are constricted by EA so tightly that they have virtually no free reign over their own game though.

At this point I pine for more depth that I'd be WILLING to pay for DLC to customize my personal Head Coach so that he can not look like a mutated freak. I'd be WILLING to pay a micro-transaction to create a new jersey for the Cowboys that looks sleek and original. I'd be WILLING to pay actual money for a Franchise mode than I can actually control and immerse myself in.
I hear you and EA should too if they want to make more money. I would be willing to pay more for this kind of editing and Franchise items that I would for stupid MUT cards. Madden is missing a big market of revenue.
Old 07-11-2020, 03:53 AM   #20
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Levy

I would agree except for EA's NHL game having a deep customization suite
Old 07-11-2020, 10:32 AM   #21
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyFan25
I don't understand why we can't play in Camping World Stadium if you move to Orlando, Estadio Azteca if you move to Mexico City, or Wembly/Tottenham Hotspur Stadium if you move to London.

The stadiums are in the game and look great, you should be able to relocate there. This seems like such an easy thing to implement.

Licensing maybe. They could always spoof the stadiums though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2020, 11:50 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket32
At this point my guess is there must be something going on behind the scenes preventing them from doing much more with it. Some sort of problem over it with the NFL maybe? Somethings gotta be up. I can’t see this being the devs choice. Why work on it in the first place and make it a big new part of a Madden game if their were no plans to build on it in future years? Doesn’t make sense to me to just decide after to abandon it.

No reason to do this....unless something is forcing them to.
Nothing other than just no desire from the decision makers.

It was 3-4 yrs ago (I believe) at EA Play the big discussion was cross tech sharing with their games and is also a big red flag pertaining to Franchise when the Madden Franchise dev’s where pulled and moved over to work on NBA Live development.
- if remember that discussion vividly with one of the dev’s as he referenced using tech FIFA was using in Madden

It’s applicable because dev stated they where building all their games with Tech sharing capabilities, to inject a FIFA style customization suite right now.
- it’s just a want to thing by Marketing/decision makers.

**the Dev’s want to flesh the mode out, but it’s not their call (as mentioned x1000000 times)

If you’ve ever had a chance to listen to Ben Haumiller talk about the stuff he wants to do for Franchise, you can hear/see his passion about it.
**guy is like a kid in an candy store

Anyways!!!
Old 07-11-2020, 07:55 PM   #23
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

i cant blame EA for this. with relocation the nfl probably has to sign off on every team logo and uniform they put in the game. really wish we had it like 2k where we could literally make anything we want.

remember when they added the relocation feature they said the nfl didnt want you taking the raiders and making their logo pink...like why is that such a big issue lol
Old 07-11-2020, 08:28 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCoffee1983
this is part gripe, part hoping a developer might see this, and/or hoping someone might know something I don’t and might have good news.

I am pretty salty that relocation cities, uniforms, and stadiums have not changed in 7 years. Long ago they took away the ability to custom design uniforms, making the unchanged options even more stale. Sometimes teams change cities, I think we should be given back custom uniform design or at the very least updated uniform options.

It’s worse than how stale the uniforms are too. The 3 options at each city are often terrible. And as someone with 1/4 Latino background, some are down right insulting.

I wanted to relocate a team to Mexico City, I’m not of Mexican heritage myself (father side family from Brazil) but I thought it would be fun. When I saw my team options I couldn’t help but both laugh and feel upset at the same time. One option was “diablos,” it is ridiculous to think that a majority Roman Catholic nation would want to name their team the “devils.” Another option was the “Conquistadors” which some might not realize would be so insulting to the people of Mexico, its really not funny. Yeah... the nation of Mexico would name a sports team after Conquistadors from Portugal and Spain who raped, conquered, and murdered their ancestors. Sure thing. I’m guessing someone with European heritage at EA was designing uniforms and was like “Diablo’s! Conquistadors! That like, totally sounds Mexican maaaan.”

And the 4 unchanged stadiums, two of which look stupidly unrealistic, are also lame. They don’t even update to show your team logos around the stadium. Zero customization or immersion.

Has anyone heard if they will possibly update this stuff? I’ve tried Tweeting about this over the years to Clint before he left Twitter and others at EA, but they never answer.

If anyone has a developers ear I implore you to ask them to look into updating this stuff!
Frustrated on that and we've had the same lack of face options for create a player and custom draft class player editor (could just add the face editor in franchise from FOTF) for about 5+ years also. I would be ok with Madden if they just fixed up the customization options in franchise. That is not a high bar...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »