Home

Madden NFL 20 Patch 1.22 Available Now - Patch Notes Here

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 20 Patch 1.22 Available Now - Patch Notes Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-15-2020, 05:10 PM   #25
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 20 Patch 1.22 Available Now - Patch Notes Here

I'm definitely seeing the picks. Every deep ball that my WR hasn't completely burned the coverage on seems to end up being a pick. Maybe a few are catches if aggressive catch kicks in, but they end up as picks too often.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2020, 02:28 AM   #26
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
I'm not seeing fumbles or INTs at an increased rate on All-Pro with default sliders. Everything seems the same on offense and defense and I've played a full season since this patch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I think different people will discover different results because they play around with the sliders until they are playing the way they want them to play until a title update comes out and repeat the process again.
I do not play offline at all any more, only online H2H so I discover the game exactly as EA as designed it with zero adjustments from myself and I can assure you the game has changed an extreme amount since the last patch. The problem is that EA assumed just as you do, that everyone can go in and tweak the sliders and settings to make the game play roughly the way they want it to.

I have exactly 190 games played online in Madden 20 and in the roughly 15 I've played since the last patch, the 15 that actually loaded anyway (*see below*), I've seen more non-QB fumbles than I had in the 175 games that preceded them. I also had my first, second and third game where I threw 5 INT in my entire life playing Madden, ironically I won 2 of the 3 games because my opponent threw 4 and 6 interceptions in those 2 games.

The number of tip drill INTs has skyrocketed, as has the number of INTs on balls that were dropped and sit on a pile of players until someone comes in to grab it. Hilariously, I actually "threw a TD pass" on a play like that. I threw the dig on shallow cross, it was caught then dropped as he was hit, the ball laid on a body and my shallow receiver ran up, picked it off the pile and scored.

The worst part about all the increased INTs is that coverage is actually far worse. Man is basically unplayable online unless you have monster corners or get a good enough press that your blitz gets home. I've had to completely change my defense online, that's how much the game has changed.

The bottom line is that there are far fewer incomplete passes than there were before. I'm seeing a ton of games where my opponent and I throw for 90%+ completion, with the only "incomplete" passes being INTs. It is either wide open or a pick, there is no middle ground any more.

By the way, I said see below above above the 15 games that actually loaded online because since this patch, I've had now 8 desync disconnects after the game loaded and 2 other games where the wrong defensive playbook was selected, because now online the defensive playbook automatically resets to Arizona, no matter what your preference is, any time you leave the screen. If you play a game, it changes. If you go back to the menu, it changes.

I don't know what, exactly, EA did with this patch but it is horrific and has made the game on the verge of unplayable in online H2H. Maybe offline it is different, but that means nothing to me.
Old 01-16-2020, 06:32 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
...The worst part about all the increased INTs is that coverage is actually far worse. Man is basically unplayable online unless you have monster corners or get a good enough press that your blitz gets home. I've had to completely change my defense online, that's how much the game has changed.

The bottom line is that there are far fewer incomplete passes than there were before. I'm seeing a ton of games where my opponent and I throw for 90%+ completion, with the only "incomplete" passes being INTs. It is either wide open or a pick, there is no middle ground anymore.
I'm seeing these results in Offline as well. It's not just online.
Old 01-16-2020, 10:41 PM   #28
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9

I’m not seeing this to be honest. Played Cowboys as Eagles with 81 & 79 rated corners and Dak three for 336 but no TDS. Then played Brady in Super Bowl and he threw for I think 230-250Ish on 28 completions. I play a mix of man and zone. Completion % has been high for a while

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-17-2020, 12:36 AM   #29
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Yeah, it’s interesting. I mentioned in the ‘hows your CFM going’ thread how Ryan was throwing a ton of picks, and I finally decided to bench him. He has comparable ratings to the young guy, Camp. But, Camp has 94 throw power. I’ve only played one game with Camp, and he threw zero ints. Lol.

That being said, as others have mentioned, and imo, the amount of bobbled balls that are intercepted or lay on piles of bodies as has been mentioned def seems higher. Possibly, it depends on the qb. For me, a regressed 37 year old Ryan with low 80 acc ratings and 87 throw power was maybe throwing more soft balls out there that were getting knocked out. But, ultimately, it’s ‘how’ they’re knocked out. And, they always seem to be knocked up high in the air and/or high in the air right to another D player. So, as another mentioned, you’re not seeing as many simple knockout incompletions. Instead, it feels like every knockout becomes an INT.

My young guy, Camp, with the strong arm was able to get the ball to my WRs better, so I simply wasn’t seeing as many knockouts, I believe.

So, it’s possible some people aren’t seeing this because their qb is strong enough to not have as many contested balls. But, for the players with old or weak QBs, they may see this every game.

I strictly play offline vs the cpu, and do play with sliders. But, honestly, I’ve gone back to mostly default all-pro. All pass coverage, reaction, and INT sliders are 50, anyways, just as an FYI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-17-2020, 01:11 PM   #30
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

Is there a hidden trait for scattershot throwing or something similar? I've been playing online as the Bills for most of the season, and Josh Allen's inaccuracy seems to swing wildly from update to update. He's been in the 75-80 range for SAC and MAC since week 4. From then on, he would throw maybe 10% of his passes just wildly off the mark even if the caption read "accurate." That seems fine for him to just miss, but it would be nice if the game would say that he was inaccurate due to a bad roll or whatever. Since his Wild Card weekend meltdown, his ratings have barely moved but he's throwing wild as much as 30-40% of his throws. And again, most of these are not being affected by pressure or throwing off-platform. He'll just be standing still in the pocket and miss an uncontested slant by 4 yards multiple times a game.
Old 01-25-2020, 12:05 AM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGentlemanGhost
I'm definitely seeing the picks. Every deep ball that my WR hasn't completely burned the coverage on seems to end up being a pick. Maybe a few are catches if aggressive catch kicks in, but they end up as picks too often.

Most definitely true that’s why I don’t like throwing deep balls unless my recievers have separation because most likely it’s going to be picked off

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2020, 12:36 AM   #32
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

This is why I say that your mileage may vary because some play H2H, some play online, some play offline, some play coach mode, some play user v cpu, some play only play now, etc.....etc.... etc....(not including different levels and rearranging sliders all around)

In user vs cpu, I can toss Hail Mary's at the end of the half and not one will be picked off, I know because I try it a lot in my franchise with user vs cpu.

Some title updates might affect other areas of the game, absolutely, not denying that part of it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »