Home

DB Glitch and Speed Disparity

This is a discussion on DB Glitch and Speed Disparity within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2020, 01:40 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0

When will EA fix the DB coverage glitch? Every year the DBs do the same coverage overrun on wheel, out and hooks routes!
Also, the speed threshold is the worst setting ever! I have experimented with this setting since it made it into the game and the consensus is 0 is the most realistic setting.
Randy Moss and Deion Sanders type speed should not be held back to make it easier for slower guys to keep up. In the NFL, coverage schemes and strategy helps slower guys defend against speed burners. Please get rid of the speed threshold because it has ruined your series. Quirky animations, suction animations are seen when the speed threshold is on. The games are actually pretty decent without it.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2020, 01:49 PM   #2
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Re: DB Glitch and Speed Disparity

First time I've seen someone on OS request less user options.

What do you mean turn it on / off ? It's a slider.
Old 05-01-2020, 01:59 PM   #3
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

You could just reset the disparity threshold slider back to its default value - 50 - and pretend the slider no longer exists.

Personally speaking, setting that slider to zero sounds like utter insanity to me. IMO doing that would easily cause chaos on the field.
Old 05-01-2020, 02:37 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
First time I've seen someone on OS request less user options.

What do you mean turn it on / off ? It's a slider.

The game is far from perfect and what I mentioned above is my biggest gripe!!! I have played all ps4 and xbox 1 versions and the major issues center around the threshold. The game on All-Madden Default without the threshold (0) plays pretty good football! EA has to address the DB issues!

Old 05-01-2020, 03:04 PM   #5
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by asantead22
When will EA fix the DB coverage glitch? Every year the DBs do the same coverage overrun on wheel, out and hooks routes!
Also, the speed threshold is the worst setting ever! I have experimented with this setting since it made it into the game and the consensus is 0 is the most realistic setting.
Randy Moss and Deion Sanders type speed should not be held back to make it easier for slower guys to keep up. In the NFL, coverage schemes and strategy helps slower guys defend against speed burners. Please get rid of the speed threshold because it has ruined your series. Quirky animations, suction animations are seen when the speed threshold is on. The games are actually pretty decent without it.

I do feel that 0 threshold is the best setting this year as far as player movement is concerned. It also doesn't seem as wide open as in years past. Default seems decent and anything higher and you have sloppy footwork all over the field. User coverage is pretty bad this year at times (no one seems to be able to cover a TE again) and if you set it to around 85 it seems to give your AI teammates somewhat of a brain in coverage.. Its always a pick your poison with this title. Plus the more and more I start modding the game on PC I realize how little ratings matter in the grand scheme of things.

Playing:

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 05-01-2020 at 03:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2020, 03:38 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
I do feel that 0 threshold is the best setting this year as far as player movement is concerned. It also doesn't seem as wide open as in years past. Default seems decent and anything higher and you have sloppy footwork all over the field. User coverage is pretty bad this year at times (no one seems to be able to cover a TE again) and if you set it to around 85 it seems to give your AI teammates somewhat of a brain in coverage.. Its always a pick your poison with this title. Plus the more and more I start modding the game on PC I realize how little ratings matter in the grand scheme of things.

I will not purchase the PS4 or Xbox 1 versions of Madden 21 but hopefully both next generations games. If they mess those versions up, I m done!!! Lol

Old 05-01-2020, 08:22 PM   #7
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by asantead22
I will not purchase the PS4 or Xbox 1 versions of Madden 21 but hopefully both next generations games. If they mess those versions up, I m done!!! Lol

Well I pay a subscription fee for EA origin on PC so it should be included in with that (I think). I have played other games on there so it's justified. I'm excited to get a new Madden & put 20 to bed. I'm a gluten for punishment when it comes to this series. I don't really like the superstar abilities (turn them off) & figure we'll get another yr of those before they drop them out of the game. Hopefully the different gameplay speeds come back, thats really has put a damper on me really enjoying 20.

Playing:

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 05-01-2020 at 08:29 PM.
Old 05-01-2020, 10:13 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
Well I pay a subscription fee for EA origin on PC so it should be included in with that (I think). I have played other games on there so it's justified. I'm excited to get a new Madden & put 20 to bed. I'm a gluten for punishment when it comes to this series. I don't really like the superstar abilities (turn them off) & figure we'll get another yr of those before they drop them out of the game. Hopefully the different gameplay speeds come back, thats really has put a damper on me really enjoying 20.

I used to love the PC version when I was a manager at Best Buy, but trying to keep up with the latest graphics card, processor, etc.... got too expensive. I may go back if the pc gets the next gen version of Madden 21.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »