Home

DB Glitch and Speed Disparity

This is a discussion on DB Glitch and Speed Disparity within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2020, 10:28 PM   #17
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: DB Glitch and Speed Disparity

Worth noting Tiburon removed the game speed options from Madden 20 and also standardized the speed threshold at 50 specifically to clean up animation issues.

Not to say that there are no longer issues, but they made a pass at the issue by doing exactly the opposite of what some in this thread are asking for, and they certainly know their game better than we do.
Old 05-04-2020, 11:40 PM   #18
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Worth noting Tiburon removed the game speed options from Madden 20 and also standardized the speed threshold at 50 specifically to clean up animation issues.

Not to say that there are no longer issues, but they made a pass at the issue by doing exactly the opposite of what some in this thread are asking for, and they certainly know their game better than we do.
I watched the dev say they couldn't get things working correctly with different speeds so they were removed (don't know his name off hand). My guess the SA & RPO's had probably the most to do with it. Hopefully they can overcome their own obstacles for Madden 21.

Playing:

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 05-04-2020 at 11:47 PM.
Old 05-05-2020, 11:55 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executor
No it does not make sense. Aside from a poor animations argument, which is also more than debatable (I play with seventy and have exactly zero issues with animations, but hey, different people see different things), the value of speed threshold lets each user decide what HE thinks is the best representation of real-life speed disparity between players on the field. Some think it's fifty, some think it's zero, some think it's 75... Everyone can play how they see fit. To each their own, that's all it is.

Its preference but in real life you take a 4.21 40 yd dash vs a 4.6 guy the difference is real. A 4.21 guy is moving at 9.50 yds per second and the 4.6 guy is moving at 8.69 yds per second so the argument is real because 0 threshold is based on facts not watered down version of people wanting to satisfy their personal needs. The threshold does just that, it holds faster players back to accommodate the slow players. Botton line, in the NFL, do you think a Head Coach going against Randy Moss ever asked him to slow up intentionally to accommodate slower DBs!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-05-2020, 12:08 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

Speed Threshold at ZERO makes sense unless you think it's realistic for LB's to be able to cover fast WR's.

It may be nice for some to see a LB with 86 speed able to cover a 94 speed WR, but come on...
Old 05-09-2020, 05:26 PM   #21
Rookie

I have my speed threshold at 0. And Everson Griffen man covered John Ross III on a fly route step for step and got the pick. #SimulationIsAwesome!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2020, 07:23 PM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarr19
I have my speed threshold at 0. And Everson Griffen man covered John Ross III on a fly route step for step and got the pick. #SimulationIsAwesome!

So you like 0 threshold? I think the game is much better without the threshold! I play with my AllTime Rosters and I am really enjoying it on All-Madden!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-13-2020, 10:53 PM   #23
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

If I see +4 spd on a pre-snap matchup, it should be a free TD, which is why I recommend 0 spd threshold. That's called reading the defense and is definitely realistic.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Old 05-13-2020, 11:35 PM   #24
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm reading a lot of sarcasm in this thread

Playing:

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 05-14-2020 at 09:56 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »