Home

Madden NFL 20: So You Think You Can Be Commissioner of an Online Madden Franchise?

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 20: So You Think You Can Be Commissioner of an Online Madden Franchise? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-20-2020, 11:00 AM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Madden NFL 20: So You Think You Can Be Commissioner of an Online Madden Franchise?

For the record, I never really even wanted to be the commissioner of a Madden league....

Written By: Kevin Scott

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2020, 01:34 PM   #2
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Madden NFL 20: So You Think You Can Be Commissioner of an Online Madden Franchise

Good insight into the commissioner process. I was a co- commissioner for a league we hosted here on OS for a few years. It's a tiring process and ultimately I got burnt out on it and just played in the league rather than helping run it. Our league here kind of fell apart, but another long time member took over and we've rebuilt on another site.

It takes a lot if dedication and patience, and usually 3-4 other people to help.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Operation Sports mobile app

Watch me play video games

Last edited by Jr.; 03-20-2020 at 01:40 PM.
Old 03-20-2020, 02:44 PM   #3
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden NFL 20: So You Think You Can Be Commissioner of an Online Madden Franchise

People usually fail to realize how much it actually takes to run a good league. Its basically an unpaid job. My league CNFL has been running since Madden 10. We have a 3 man team that run it together and it still take s a lot of time. You have to always be attentive.

The key to running a successful league is keep the league members engaged. Not everyone is going to make the playoffs, not everyone is gonna like to trade, etc. We do league podcasts, host fantasy sports, give out league trophies and awards, keep a comprehensive list of activity within the league etc. Pass out google docs every off season with league news and updates. Its quite the time sink, but worth it for the intense competition year round.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 03-20-2020, 09:58 PM   #4
Rookie

J.Cole's Arena

OVR: 0

I just became the commissioner of a league I've been in for a while and I'm looking forward to trying to promote it and find ways to improve engagement. The awards idea sounds fun.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-20-2020, 11:43 PM   #5
Just started!

OVR: 0
I have run Playstation Madden leagues since M15. I have basically done it solo because I am a control freak and the biggest problem (outside of the game itself) has always been cheezy, immature players. Thankfully I have a solid core of guys, some of which have continued with me since M15, who police behavior just as I do. Mandatory broadcasts scare off 90% of the cheaters but I have seen more than my share, obviously. I also limit my leagues to 16 players tho as I have no plans on running a day care center. We have been able to stick with our "2 games a week" schedule and our offseasons meetings.*
It is hard work but I thoroughly enjoy it. I just wish the product was better
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2020, 03:18 AM   #6
Sim or Nothing

SpectreBugg's Arena

OVR: 2

Fantastic points. As others have said, it's basically a job, and you have to be committed to it. Honestly though, after years of being in long term leagues, running some, helping run others, and sometimes just being a member, I really feel like it takes a team to run a league, not just one person.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »