Home

Scouting Question

This is a discussion on Scouting Question within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2020, 02:04 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Scouting Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkMonk
I choose to not scout the first round until I know what my exact pick is (in the off-season or start of the playoffs is you didn't make it). This gives me more points to scout deeper in the later rounds and then I can scout the first round as needed. If i'm picking 18th, theres no need to scout those top 5-10 guys usually. If they're still available come pick 18, they're probably a 1st round bust or better to be taken round 2 or possibly way later in the draft. I also use a few house rules as scouting is way to easy in this game. It literally shows you the talent grade which is an automatic indicator of the players OVR. You'll leave the draft with all the late steals. I only scout 2 skills per player. I also only scout starting week 12 as well as my bye week if its before then. so this gives me 6-7 weeks in-season + the off season. This makes it more interesting and skill based to scout. You may draft a bust, or you may draft a stud, or just a average guy. It varies. Also I NEVER take a player more than one round ahead of their projected round. The CPU doesn't do it so I don't. If a guy is projected 5th round, I can't grab him until at least the 4th.

If you're on XBOX I highly recommend checking out CWSapps fictional classes. They are amazing! He has full scouting reports and write ups on players + stats from college. This adds a whole new dynamic to the mix. Include these house rules and it'll really make the draft more fun. Imagine drafting that guy who had A+ and A as his two skills that you scouted and he's a 67 overall because he has a low awareness or sucked in other areas.. yea it sucks.. but thats football. Or drafting that guy who was just okay with B+ and B+ but turned out to be a 75ovr because he was well rounded. You get my point.. hope this helped and have fun brother.
I know exactly what your saying... My CB as i previously mentioned was like that however some of his ratings i was happy with even though he turned out to be being a 62ov.. Thanks for that house rule.. I'll keep that in mind for my next draft. I know you mentioned if hes a 4th round u can get him in 5 however what if your in the 5th round and someone late dropped from say 2-3rd round is it still up for grabbs or still sticking with the 1 round away rule?
Old 04-25-2020, 02:06 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaster
I have no issue taking a player 2 rounds earlier than they are projected in Madden 20. Because I've seen the CPU pick at least 40 picks ahead of the projection. You have to really draft based on their talent round, because the CPU definitely does.
Their talent level.. Is that the grade to the left right or the talent level the one soon as they are drafted then it's green or red.. I take it the red is they should be drafted later then they were projected and green is they should be drafted higher then they were listed? sorry new to Madden20
Old 04-25-2020, 11:14 AM   #11
Pro

Devaster's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCAAFBall00
Their talent level.. Is that the grade to the left right or the talent level the one soon as they are drafted then it's green or red.. I take it the red is they should be drafted later then they were projected and green is they should be drafted higher then they were listed? sorry new to Madden20

Most players with red talent levels should be taken off your draft board. Very few would be startable or even quality depth.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2020, 05:19 PM   #12
Rookie

PunkMonk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCAAFBall00
I know exactly what your saying... My CB as i previously mentioned was like that however some of his ratings i was happy with even though he turned out to be being a 62ov.. Thanks for that house rule.. I'll keep that in mind for my next draft. I know you mentioned if hes a 4th round u can get him in 5 however what if your in the 5th round and someone late dropped from say 2-3rd round is it still up for grabbs or still sticking with the 1 round away rule?
If he’s projected 2nd round and it’s the 5th.. by all means you can take him! I have no rule on taking players after they fall pass their project round. These guys are usually red flags though. 🚩
Old 04-25-2020, 05:23 PM   #13
Rookie

PunkMonk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaster
Most players with red talent levels should be taken off your draft board. Very few would be startable or even quality depth.
That’s not necessarily true. If a guy is projected to go 1st round, but has a talent grade of two.. he’ll show in red. That just means he should probably be taken at the earliest in the second round. If it’s the 2nd or 3rd round why would you not take a talent grade of 2 if he’s the best available for what you need?
Old 04-25-2020, 06:45 PM   #14
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkMonk
That’s not necessarily true. If a guy is projected to go 1st round, but has a talent grade of two.. he’ll show in red. That just means he should probably be taken at the earliest in the second round. If it’s the 2nd or 3rd round why would you not take a talent grade of 2 if he’s the best available for what you need?

That was why I said "most".

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »