Home

Help with cpu qb play

This is a discussion on Help with cpu qb play within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2020, 11:28 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Help with cpu qb play

Is there a fix for qb play for cpu? There are way to many dumb plays where the qb just takes a sack. From what I see is the cpu don't throw the ball away, rarely steps in the pocket just continues to back up to avoid the sack instead of moving up or side to side and takes stupid sacks. Do ya'll just deal with it or is there any adjustments with sense pressure, force passes, etc?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2020, 11:48 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Help with cpu qb play

No but there are threads on trying to. In my experience, they have to be a scrambler to just have a chance. But even then, they take bone head sacks

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Old 04-23-2020, 04:01 PM   #3
Rookie

Sucram7777's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubie
Is there a fix for qb play for cpu? There are way to many dumb plays where the qb just takes a sack. From what I see is the cpu don't throw the ball away, rarely steps in the pocket just continues to back up to avoid the sack instead of moving up or side to side and takes stupid sacks. Do ya'll just deal with it or is there any adjustments with sense pressure, force passes, etc?

Sense Pressure has a noticable involvement in this.
Guys that are "Paranoid" or "Trigger Happy" will prioritize getting that ball away the moment they complete their drop back. On *rare* occassions they will stand in there and wait for something to develop, but don't hold your breath - they guys will let it fly without hesitation.

In my franchise, the Broncos drafted a Scrambler with Trigger Happy. I decided to spectate him in Preseason. Dude was all over the place with his playcalling. Sometimes he would fire quick strikes on very short routes; other times he'd just say "f!ck it!" And scramble IMMEDIATELY after dropping back - despite there being no apparent pressure for him to do so.

I noticed he didn't take too many sacks and surprisingly preformed decent.

I say Sense Pressure & Archetype play a significant role in how those QBs act back there.

Last edited by Sucram7777; 04-23-2020 at 04:05 PM.
Old 04-23-2020, 04:26 PM   #4
Rookie

Do you think the qb type will make a difference? improviser, strong arm, or field general maybe moves around in the pocket better then the other? or possibly switch everyone to balance or scramble?
Old 04-23-2020, 05:36 PM   #5
Rookie

Sucram7777's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubie
Do you think the qb type will make a difference? improviser, strong arm, or field general maybe moves around in the pocket better then the other? or possibly switch everyone to balance or scramble?

Oh absolutely.
In terms of pocket movement - I'd say in this order:

1)Improviser
2)Strong Arm
3)Field General

Improviser:
These guys are basically the "West Coast" type from the previous maddens. While they don't mind throwing the ball, they usually have above average speed for a QB and make use of it occasionally on a scramble when the defense is napping. Like Scramblers, if they can't find themselves getting away from the pressure - they'll preform a "Throw on the Run".

Strong Arm:
These AI gentlemen LOVE showcasing that Rocket arm. They'll usually favor throwing the ball on Medium/Deep routes over anything else (I seen a SA guy just air it up for 30+yd shot on like 2nd/short numerous times).....they'll be "Balanced" in QB style and one run when the yardage is short or as a last resort.

Field Geneal:
These men just throw the ball, and do it fairly well as they usually have good Short & Medium Accuracy attributes.The guys tend to rarely run - as 9/10 times they have "Pocket" as their QB style.

Again, the QB Style & Sense Pressure together give the AI QB most of their "character" in terms of how they respond to the defense around them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2020, 09:47 PM   #6
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

I know the traits for these cpu qbs play a factor a little bit. You can try editing their traits, while it may not fix it all together it might put a bandage on it
Old 04-26-2020, 08:23 AM   #7
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1

Turn off the eligible receiver downfield penalty in the main menu. Thank Matt10 for that find.
Old 04-26-2020, 02:56 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc020791
Turn off the eligible receiver downfield penalty in the main menu. Thank Matt10 for that find.
What does that do

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »