Home

Franchise mode consensus.

This is a discussion on Franchise mode consensus. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2020, 05:42 PM   #73
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Franchise mode consensus.

Franchise mode is dead. The dev and admins as a whole could care less. The next logical step is its outright removal from the game. Wouldn't surprise me at all if it didn't make the cut in the next gen versions of the game.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Old 06-16-2020, 05:49 PM   #74
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
Franchise mode is dead. The dev and admins as a whole could care less. The next logical step is its outright removal from the game. Wouldn't surprise me at all if it didn't make the cut in the next gen versions of the game.

Could be the case, which is wild to think. They paid for the exclusive rights for simulation. Just to waste it so 2k or another company cant use it.

Also 2k is still putting assets into their "franchise mode"
Old 06-17-2020, 09:32 AM   #75
Pro

SFNiners816's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSABOx
Not even trying to turn this in to a PC/Console thing... so hope no one takes it that way...

But i've had an absolute blast playing the game since we finally cleaned up all the things with mods that I HOPE they bring over to the console guys... Fixing progression, draft classes and logic really breathes new life in to an otherwise very dull CFM... I personally have started to create my own highlight videos in mold of NFL 2K5 (please dont start the wars lol) 2021 Week 2 Primetime Highlights ....

The point is the foundation is there if they would just improve a few things, add misc stuff like recaps/power rankings/more detailed news...

To keep madden franchise fresh for over 2 decades now I’ve treated madden as a way to have my own little 49ers Universe. To do that each new Madden is just another year in my franchise history. I’ve been doing this since madden 99 on the PSX and I’ve now amassed over 130 seasons in my little universe. I've got a pretty thick binder now of year by year stats and stuff

Doing this has allowed me to just keep marching on and cranking out seasons. I think the most seasons I've finished on any one game is 18 or so (I know for a fact i did this twice....Madden 2000 on the PC and M18 on the PS4). So in my universe if I was to use George Kittle on different versions they are in fact different players. So Kittle from M18 is a different guy then Kittle from M19. This allows me to have forms of their careers. Honestly I don't think rookie Kittle on M18 madden it thru his initial rookie contract whereas Kittle on M19 was like a supercharged Gronk.

Playing like this also allows me to introduce historic seasons and rosters at anytime. Currently im in year 131 and have been using the 1991 roster set that being fueled by combo draft classes. My first draft was 92-94 together, second draft was 95-97 and im currently using a 98-99 draft. I'm actually having a blast with my 91 version of Steve Young and I actually am compelled to play because in my little universe i am having progress.

When M21 drops, my next iteration of the 49ers will be based on the NFC champions and league runner up (Having flashbacks to M25 and a similar situation with Kap and the Harbaugh Niners). I'm thinking on this version, Deebo Samuel will blossom into a star Whatever happens, Im sure I'll crank out at least 5 seasons or so because Madden and the show are really the only games I play nowadays and Franchise is the only mode I really enjoy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2020, 11:00 AM   #76
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9

I absolutely think Madden has gotten pretty stale. I made it threw one full season in 2019 and two in 2020. I like playing games from multiple teams as well especially to get sliders kind of set but they make it such a pain in the ace.

There are some things I really like but the immersion factor is just not there.

I recently started playing FIFA19 and really like the immersion they have with the articles that pop up and I definitely feel like there is more going on there. Then I read that Career Mode for them is just like Madden where it's been the same for a long time. I'm not a huge soccer fan so I know almost none of the players so it's all fresh. Same with NHL. I bought it this year for $14 for the first time in about 15 years and it feels so new and different.

Part of the problem here is definitely just being used to the product. I don't think Franchise is that far off and they only need to improve a few things for it to be really great, specifically immersion. If you look at what people consider the best franchises of all time Immersion is/was huge in them. College Hoops 2k8 with weekly shows and tourney show, NCAA 14 and whole series with SI and other scores. Even NBA 2k with My League I think is really great but you feel self contained and not in a bigger league at times. Sure they have the twitter feed but they need to blow it up and make more of League Hub with stills, clips, highlight shows, etc and it would be awesome.

In any case I think this is where we are with sports games. The franchise modes don't get love. If you like the gameplay and think it's improved enough then you buy the new version and deal with lack of improvements or you just play the most recent version you have. I did that with NBA 2k this year. First time I haven't bought new since 2012 maybe. And I may be in the same boat with Madden. Might be first time since 2011 I don't buy the new one at least not on opening day. Wait till the price drops unless new info comes out that I didn't see coming.
Old 06-17-2020, 11:51 AM   #77
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12

I'll never understand it.

They could package franchise mode as a standalone game.

Its like Chevy saying... 'meh, we're just going to make passenger cars. Nothing else.'

Sadly, thanks to their immensely popular partner, they thrive. Most companies with a #$%@ business model like this can't make it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »