Home

Scouting: The must frustrating thing

This is a discussion on Scouting: The must frustrating thing within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2020, 04:35 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Scouting: The must frustrating thing

(I might make 'the most frustrating thing' a weekly blog!!)

Ok, this is essentially what scouting is in Madden: the GM goes to the scout guy and says scout players. The scout comes back and says "ok... I can tell you that Joe Burrow's best attribute is his throwing accuracy, which is an A-. Do you want me to review more?" GM replies "sure." Scout comes back and says "ok, boss, this second best attribute is his short throw accuracy, which is a B+. I can research more, but this will take a lot of time and I won't be able to look at other players."

I think everyone... even EA knows this is not how it works. My solution: when it comes to scouting, you see the ratings for all players because, let's face it.... pretty much every team in the NFL scouts every player... some do it better than others. Some teams are better at offensive players than defensive. Some just can't see to draft certain positions (my Eagles cannot drive WRs and DBs to save their lives) Put this in the game!!

In my game, every rating that you see will be paired with a +/- range. So Joe Burrow overall is a 77 with a +/- of 10. So he could be an 87; he could be a 67 and anywhere in between. The stronger your personnel department is, the smaller the range is. And there can be specialities... maybe you're good at first rounders, so in the first round, the range is smaller. Maybe you're better at the late round gems so once the 4th round comes, the range will be smaller. The opportunities are endless.

And to take it one step further, we should do the same thing for free agents!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »