Home

Madden NFL Football: Top 5 Features Removed From Madden Over the Years

This is a discussion on Madden NFL Football: Top 5 Features Removed From Madden Over the Years within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2020, 07:18 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL Football: Top 5 Features Removed From Madden Over the Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
The PS2 era Superstar mode was a good start they just never built on it and the 7th gen version were bare bones. Parent DNA, combine drills, draft, interviews, endorsements, and movie roles. If I'm correct, I think Madden had the first main solo player career mode. I prefer that approach compared to the current story-driven modes. I don't need the cheesy linear story that has no replayability. Just give me the full player experience so it doesn't feel like just a player lock mode.

Both MLB 06 The Show and Madden 06 were the first sports games to feature a player career mode. While over the years MLB The show kept with it and made it into a pretty fun game mode. Madden on the other hand never touched it after Madden 07 on PS2 and downgraded it even more with CFM in Madden 13. This was the one game mode that got me to play Madden and NCAA football, it’s a shame they never improved it, because I definitely would of bought Madden every year to play this mode if it was engaging. Madden was never going to be my main football game to play, but if they would of made a quality solo career mode it would of saw time in my rotation of games to play.
Old 05-09-2020, 08:00 PM   #18
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by djredalert
live weather feed

I see this request a lot. And I definitely agree with it, but then how do you handle future seasons?

It would be really awesome if they could do live weather for years that have already passed in real life.

But what I'd rather see is weather generated for the entire season as soon as you start the next year's regular season. And that weather doesn't change. And include news stories about heat waves, blizzards, earthquakes, and hurricanes that result in weather changing for a week or two for all teams in those locations.

It is really dumb that you can replay the same game and the weather keeps changing. Or other teams/games in nearby regions don't experience the same kind of weather.
Old 05-09-2020, 08:32 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASZEMPLE
Both MLB 06 The Show and Madden 06 were the first sports games to feature a player career mode. While over the years MLB The show kept with it and made it into a pretty fun game mode. Madden on the other hand never touched it after Madden 07 on PS2 and downgraded it even more with CFM in Madden 13. This was the one game mode that got me to play Madden and NCAA football, it’s a shame they never improved it, because I definitely would of bought Madden every year to play this mode if it was engaging. Madden was never going to be my main football game to play, but if they would of made a quality solo career mode it would of saw time in my rotation of games to play.
I figured The Show was around the same time. I know NBA 2k had 24/7 mode in 2k8 before MyPlayer. I didn’t really play The Show until the mid PS3 days. I enjoyed it but I’m not into baseball like that to kept playing it. After PS2 era Madden, I haven’t bought Madden at all. I preferred NCAA. It was fun playing PS2 Era Campus Legend in NCAA then importing him into Madden. I enjoyed the PS2 era NCAA. I took them exams seriously lol. Madden never took it seriously after 6th gen. 7th gen Superstar mode was barebones outside of drills and and interviews. Then Player CFM was even more barebones because it is just Practice and play games, that’s it. I don’t like player lock because If I’m only going to practice and play games, I rather just play a regular season mode and gear the offense/defense to my player while being able to build team around him.

I didn’t like direction of Long Shot because it was a interactive movie with little gameplay and no replay ability. Then FotF was player CFM once you got to league. You don’t need a interactive movie or cheesy story like NBA 2k has become to have a good career mode. Give me PS2 era Superstar mode or the NBA 2k11-2k13 era MyPlayer. I am a bigger football fan than basketball , but I didn’t settle to buy Madden since I’m a offline player and not enough depth for me. I was buying NBA2k from 2k11 on mainly for MyCareer. But I started fading off of it last couple years with new direction.
Old 05-10-2020, 09:39 AM   #20
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB

There's a common refrain that "it used to be better" mentioned by some sports gamers, and...

Written By: Chase Becotte

Click here to view the article.

For me, its simply the amount of teams you can choose from! Real Classic teams, All-Time teams all with correct names, jersey numbers, etc... allowing users to choose to play online without playing in a franchise. More teams prevent boredom from settling in. Each year after roster updates there are only a handful of competitive teams to use, ie Chiefs, 49ers, etc... where as so many favorite team may have struggled this year and the overall team rating is garbage. Classic teams and All-Time teams prevent this because most of them have a good enough rating to compete against other solid teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-10-2020, 10:38 AM   #21
MVP

sheredia's Arena

OVR: 12

once microtransactions and MUT came into play, all of these cool features went by the wayside. sad to see. took madden forever just to get madden share. no historic teams a la madden 2005. no create-a-team option or customization options and league expansion. no myleague or custom leagues (to create nfl europe? usfl? xfl?). it's basically paint by the numbers every year for this franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2020, 12:42 PM   #22
Rookie

I've got to where I predominantly play Madden 08. I just have more fun with it than the new ones between the training camps, the wider varieties of the rookies in the draft classes, and just how much smoother the game plays.*
Old 05-10-2020, 01:10 PM   #23
Rookie

michaelhalljr's Arena

I liked being able to talk guys out of retiring in 11. I had Brett Favre play till he was almost 45 lol

Sent from my SM-G970U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 05-10-2020, 01:29 PM   #24
Rookie

I miss everything from the ps2 era. *Oh how I wish they built off that instead of starting from scratch and setting the series back a decade*

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »