Home

The Yard in Madden 21: What Is It and What Do We Want It to Be?

This is a discussion on The Yard in Madden 21: What Is It and What Do We Want It to Be? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2020, 11:32 AM   #17
MVP

SeaTownGamer's Arena

OVR: 0
The Yard in Madden 21: What Is It and What Do We Want It to Be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
I also immediately thought of Fifa Volta when I heard about this. The biggest worry is Volta sucks and isnt fun.

Volta was half baked intentionally so it doesn’t steal players from FUT. I have a feel Madden will do the same with the yard. It’s obvious they want to force feed us MUT which is sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-17-2020, 03:54 PM   #18
Pro

Ky3217's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: The Yard in Madden 21: What Is It and What Do We Want It to Be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by olliedathird
I've said in a previous thread that there's a chance it'll be an improved version of the 7v7 two touch matches from Madden 18's Longshot mode. What I'm hoping is for a football version of 2k's Park.

Not to sound like a pessimist, but if I'm being honest with myself, it's probably the former
Let’s see... in this instance, they’d have the base of the mode already, could make some Small alterations and improvements, and call it an entirely new mode.

Yup I think I’m with you. I can definitely see this being the case

https://www.twitch.tv/ky3217
Old 07-27-2020, 01:29 AM   #19
MVP

sheredia's Arena

OVR: 12
let me get this straight.....EA is supposed to have the "simulation" rights to the NFL but repeatedly comes out with modes that have nothing to do with "simulation" at all, (ex. Superstar KO and The Yard) and don't get me started on MUT (that's far from simulation too).* they need to concentrate on FRANCHISE mode, Training Camp, etc. basically all of the stuff they had on Madden 08. now that was a SIMULATION. let 2K worry about arcadey "non-simulation" NFL football. smh.
Old 07-28-2020, 01:07 PM   #20
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheredia
let me get this straight.....EA is supposed to have the "simulation" rights to the NFL but repeatedly comes out with modes that have nothing to do with "simulation" at all, (ex. Superstar KO and The Yard) and don't get me started on MUT (that's far from simulation too).* they need to concentrate on FRANCHISE mode, Training Camp, etc. basically all of the stuff they had on Madden 08. now that was a SIMULATION. let 2K worry about arcadey "non-simulation" NFL football. smh.
While that may be what we want, it is not financially smart for Madden. Why let another company get their foot in the door? While 2K will more likely than not NEVER come back in simulation form because of the money that Madden brings in for the NFL, the slim chance that people will stop buying Madden for this non-sim 2K game forces Madden to come up with ways to continue to drown the competition. A non-sim game is coming out? Better introduce a new game mode that is similar to the competitions arcadey game mode in a different game (The Yard vs REC).

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 07-29-2020, 01:27 AM   #21
MVP

sheredia's Arena

OVR: 12
it's not really fair to do that, but then again, 2K can come out with something similar to all-pro 2k8 (which was a non-simulation) and one up madden with an authentic gridiron game (with not exact NFL rules) and provide full customization, franchise mode, etc. and then blow madden out of the water. heck, an arcade-type football game with full customization and franchise mode would even work as well. a super tecmo bowl style game would more than do the trick. that game was legendary for fun factor and players (including me) have been begging for an updated version (with NFL license) anyways.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2020, 10:31 AM   #22
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheredia
it's not really fair to do that, but then again, 2K can come out with something similar to all-pro 2k8 (which was a non-simulation) and one up madden with an authentic gridiron game (with not exact NFL rules) and provide full customization, franchise mode, etc. and then blow madden out of the water. heck, an arcade-type football game with full customization and franchise mode would even work as well. a super tecmo bowl style game would more than do the trick. that game was legendary for fun factor and players (including me) have been begging for an updated version (with NFL license) anyways.
It might not seem fair, but we allow it to happen. We complain about "the same game as last year" and "all they care about is MUT", yet we continue to buy the game every year just to complain about it, and people continue to spend hundreds and thousands of dollars for MUT packs. We are the only ones that can change it, but we suck at sticking to our guns.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 08-01-2020, 09:43 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
It might not seem fair, but we allow it to happen. We complain about "the same game as last year" and "all they care about is MUT", yet we continue to buy the game every year just to complain about it, and people continue to spend hundreds and thousands of dollars for MUT packs. We are the only ones that can change it, but we suck at sticking to our guns.
all the people on this forum could not buy the game and it would just be an insignificant percentage point to their bottom line.
Old 08-04-2020, 08:08 AM   #24
Rookie

I would love it if The Yard was like My Park...

Imagine turning up to a really cool venue or a small 6v6 pitch on a park.

You could even have captains pick teams based on who they want based on archetype.

Have stores to buy accessories, clothing and cleats...custom helmets on/off. Maybe with stickers based on accomplishments! This would be so awesome going up against a dude with a helmet full of stickers knowing you're in trouble.

Have a variation of rules similar to Superstar KO...tie breakers with shorter pitches.

Have options for the QB to effectively use hot route master to show the receivers their intended route. Staying on that route gets you XP, XPx2 if you make a catch, XPx3 if you score a TD.

If you decide to go against the route you dont get a bonus unless you score a td.

There could be a short huddle or pre play chance for the QB to tell you what the gameplan is. Maybe just have everyone at the line of scrimmage?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »