Home

Franchise - Players You Love That Didn't Make the Roster

This is a discussion on Franchise - Players You Love That Didn't Make the Roster within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2020, 08:36 AM   #1
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0
Franchise - Players You Love That Didn't Make the Roster

I have Sidney Jones up to an 83 and Star Dev during the 2nd season of my Franchise. He finally lived up to his potential for me. However in real life he got cut and the Eagles didn't even want that dude on their practice squad.

What players have you see develop in your Franchise that didn't make the real life roster?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2020, 09:29 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Franchise - Players You Love That Didn't Make the Roster

These players weren’t cut but I was determined to have Jordan Mailata take over for Jason Peters long term in Madden 19. Then, it became Dillard in Madden 20. It would have been Dillard again in 21 but now that’s not happening because of injuries and Peters extends his legacy at LT one more year. These Eagles, man lol.

As far as players being cut, I do remember building up Jaylen Watkins into a beast FS!
Old 09-08-2020, 09:47 AM   #3
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

I play mostly coach mode/CPU for my franchises. In M20 I had a Bengals chise where we were at 2-8 and had the division well out of reach in 2019. I benched Dalton for Ryan Finley, who played worse than Dalton did through*a couple of games. Instead of re-inserting Dalton, I signed 6'7" UDFA QB Jake Dolegala from the practice squad and started him for the rest of the season and picked up a couple of wins. Drafted a QB in the first round though after releasing Dalton, had a three-way battle in the 2020 preseason with Finley, Dolegala, and the new QB (Simpson). Simpson broke his collarbone in the third preseason game, so started Dolegala the first few weeks, went undefeated, let him play the whole season and finished*at 9-7 and a wild card berth. His stats in 15 games (Simpson returned for one start with Dole hurt) were like 3500 yards, 25 TDs, and 18 INTs. Spent the season developing him, at start he was a high 50s, got him to about 75 after three seasons as the starter. He was just one of those players in Madden that played above his ratings, since I don't control the players.

He was waived a couple of days ago, Cincy decided to carry Burrow and Finley on the active roster and have Brandon Allen as their emergency QB on the practice squad.

Last edited by MajorSupreme; 09-08-2020 at 10:05 AM.
Old 09-08-2020, 10:02 AM   #4
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

For over a decade now, I've had an affinity for prolonging old veteran QB careers. Whether it's signing someone who is pretty low OVR, or w/e, I get a soft spot for those vets. This year is no different, but with some added motivation.

I made quick work in franchise mode to get Alex Smith and make sure he improved and had a healthy career after all he went through to come back.
Old 09-08-2020, 10:27 AM   #5
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Raekwon McMillan is a tackling machine for me; but in real life the Dolhpins just traded him! He has Star Dev and is going to be a STUD for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2020, 03:07 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
For over a decade now, I've had an affinity for prolonging old veteran QB careers. Whether it's signing someone who is pretty low OVR, or w/e, I get a soft spot for those vets. This year is no different, but with some added motivation.

I made quick work in franchise mode to get Alex Smith and make sure he improved and had a healthy career after all he went through to come back.
Bro!! Same!
Old 09-09-2020, 08:06 AM   #7
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21

I personally don't know if the guy is in madden but I watched him all camp compete well and consistently....

6'2 CB bump & run - Donovan Olumba

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43
Old 09-09-2020, 01:37 PM   #8
Rookie

On the day the Patriots released him, Mohamed Sanu caught a game-winning 52-yard touchdown in the Super Bowl for me lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »