Home

Online CFM: Draft class combine rankings differ for users

This is a discussion on Online CFM: Draft class combine rankings differ for users within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2020, 10:23 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Online CFM: Draft class combine rankings differ for users

My buddy and I are in a two player online CFM. When we were in our first postseason draft, and I was on the clock, I told my buddy I was looking at a certain halfback who was ranked 1st in the 40yd, 3rd in bench reps, 4th in vertical jump, etc. My buddy asked me to repeat that, since he was seeing different rankings for that player. I repeated, and yes, his rankings were different (by at least 1-3 rankings), although the actual combine scores were exactly the same for both of us. We reviewed other prospects, and sure enough, his rankings were all slightly off from mine. I would call out the rankings: 1st, 3rd, 8th, 5th, 2nd, 2nd. For that same player, he would be seeing: 2nd, 5th, 8th, 5th, 3rd, 4th. The actual combine figures would always be identical though. Very strange! Has anyone else noticed this?
Neither of us had the master scouting coach upgrade yet. Wondering if this could be a reason, and would the upgrade make the grading more specific?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2020, 11:45 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Online CFM: Draft class combine rankings differ for users

My guess is that either it related to your scout like you said, or possibly that in cases you see differences that maybe #2 and #3 had the same exact 40 time for example, and it's just a display thing. Like it shows 2 for you and 3 for him, but each guy has the same time so they are tied for 2nd. But honestly just speculating there and am kind of interested in why this is also. But id say check to see if any other player has the same exact score as the player in question in any of those categories
Old 09-18-2020, 12:34 PM   #3
Rookie

Good idea, thanks. We'll have to check for ties like that the next time the draft rolls around, unless it was some sort of issue that got patched.
Old 09-19-2020, 06:47 AM   #4
Pro

The "by position" rankings have always been a touch wonky. Every so often, you'll see things like a position group that has guys ranked 2nd, 3rd, 5th, and below, but nobody ranked 1st or 4th. Or, as was mentioned, two guys with the same raw score will have their rank displayed oddly. Happens on the order of every few draft classes...not so frequently that it's a big deal, but frequently enough that you eventually notice.

The good news is, the raw scores do relate to the correct rating ranges....that is, the displayed 40 times will correctly correlate to that player's SPD range, bench press reps will correctly relate to STR, etc...so you're safe just going by the scores. It's just the comparative ranking that's not always kosher.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »