Home

Just bought Madden 21,a few questions.

This is a discussion on Just bought Madden 21,a few questions. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2020, 01:57 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Just bought Madden 21,a few questions.

Hey everyone! Just got Madden 21 and have a few questions.

1I just did my first ever download of a patch. Yes,I'm really late and a newbie about patches,don't have Wi-Fi at home and had to go somewhere to download it(wait until I download CAWs for Fire Pro Wrestling World lol). Patch 1.14,not sure I want to download 11.5 from what I've read about it. Once I've downloaded it,do I have to delete Madden 21 from my PS4 and then reload it in order for the patch to work? Read on some.message boards that people were having issues with the patch is why I ask that

2.Do I have to tap square twice or hold it to do a Qb slide?

3. Slants really worked well for me in Madden 20. Are they still as effective in Madden 21? If not,what are some more utilized routes,especially in the red zone?

4. Do Qbs scramble more or run in Madden 21 more than they did in Madden 20? I remember playing twice against Josh Allen and the Bills in Madden 20 and while he moved around in the pocket to buy time for the intermediate routes to get open,he didn't run very much like he does in real life.

Thanks for any answers!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2020, 09:53 PM   #2
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Just bought Madden 21,a few questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qcsports4
Hey everyone! Just got Madden 21 and have a few questions.

1I just did my first ever download of a patch. Yes,I'm really late and a newbie about patches,don't have Wi-Fi at home and had to go somewhere to download it(wait until I download CAWs for Fire Pro Wrestling World lol). Patch 1.14,not sure I want to download 11.5 from what I've read about it. Once I've downloaded it,do I have to delete Madden 21 from my PS4 and then reload it in order for the patch to work? Read on some.message boards that people were having issues with the patch is why I ask that

2.Do I have to tap square twice or hold it to do a Qb slide?

3. Slants really worked well for me in Madden 20. Are they still as effective in Madden 21? If not,what are some more utilized routes,especially in the red zone?

4. Do Qbs scramble more or run in Madden 21 more than they did in Madden 20? I remember playing twice against Josh Allen and the Bills in Madden 20 and while he moved around in the pocket to buy time for the intermediate routes to get open,he didn't run very much like he does in real life.

Thanks for any answers!

1. You have to double tap, do it early so the tackle animation doesn't strike first.

2. Slants work, but you have to be careful. If you play on a higher difficulty, the MLB will smack it down or pick you off as they should, and if you wait too long you will be sacked as you should be. I usually only audible to them during blitzes. Frees up the middle linebacker.

Thats all I can answer, sorry. I sim defense cause I suck at it lol
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 11-06-2020, 03:44 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Just bought Madden 21,a few questions.

QB slide and dive was changed in the latest patch.

Tap X/square = slide

Hold X/square = dive

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »