Home

Next-Gen Madden 21 Preview - Will It Be Worth the Wait?

This is a discussion on Next-Gen Madden 21 Preview - Will It Be Worth the Wait? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2020, 01:23 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: Next-Gen Madden 21 Preview - Will It Be Worth the Wait?

Great write up - really excited to hear about the improvements on the sidelines!

Are refs back on the field?
Old 11-18-2020, 01:33 PM   #18
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by green94
Great write up - really excited to hear about the improvements on the sidelines!

Are refs back on the field?
Unless they add them in at a later date, the answer is no, unfortunately.
Old 11-18-2020, 01:51 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0
The same story for the third console generation in a row. *Unfortunately it is only the NFL themselves that can hold EA accountable, but the bottom line is their only concern, which delivers every year. *What a travesty - we will never get a football game that utilizes the sheer power of these consoles (yet again). While the preview is balanced so to speak, the optimism *you see every year is foolish . *It's the perpetual cheating partner that swears they're gonna change over and over again ???????????
Why can't they just admit they cannot deliver, and make a whole new team dedicated to a true sim game from the ground up, and keep Madden as the MUT/Yard experience? *Release Madden in August and the sim after the Super Bowl or somewhere in between. * I've been waiting for "next-gen" Madden since Madden 06.
Old 11-18-2020, 03:33 PM   #20
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
Unless they add them in at a later date, the answer is no, unfortunately.
Haha the refs thing I wonder if it's as simple as they don't want to worry about whether they're an actual physics object or not that can ruin plays. Like is it worse for immersion if you just go right through the refs, or is it worse if they ruin plays because you drill them with a pass or something.

It's a weird thing to not want to put back on the field either way.
Old 11-18-2020, 03:37 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Haha the refs thing I wonder if it's as simple as they don't want to worry about whether they're an actual physics object or not that can ruin plays. Like is it worse for immersion if you just go right through the refs, or is it worse if they ruin plays because you drill them with a pass or something.

It's a weird thing to not want to put back on the field either way.
I'm sure they will add it back into the game for maybe M22/M23 and act like it's a new feature that demands praise...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2020, 03:39 PM   #22
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

I do think the next-gen stats thing and the playcalling stuff is fluff-adjacent in how it's detailed, but if playcalling does actually start to get improved and the movement is better then call it whatever you want.

At the same time, I think peeps who expect Madden to animate totally differently on a new generation of consoles were setting themselves up for disappointment if even 2K doesn't do that and they're basically the gold standard for new console launches.
Old 11-18-2020, 05:29 PM   #23
MVP

Will sideline players finally have their names on the back of their jerseys? If not it still won't look Next Gen.

I also noticed that Refs are STILL not on the field smh. Unacceptable for a Next Gen football simulation not the have referees on the field. Come on EA! Refs should be on the field throwing flags in real time by now!
Old 11-18-2020, 05:54 PM   #24
MVP

Definitely looking forward to this. Curious as to how the "stat" movement is going to go with player ratings? Seems like it will clash and I'm wondering how they're going to blend the two. Also, how is it going to effect the fictional players from future draft classes within franchise and the legend players?

Sounds good but it brings up questions from many angles imo. Other than that, If the player movement is finally fixed I'm sold.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »