Home

Cinelinx: Madden 21 Next Gen Preview

This is a discussion on Cinelinx: Madden 21 Next Gen Preview within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-19-2020, 08:11 PM   #9
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Cinelinx: Madden 21 Next Gen Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Most gameplay decisions are clearly made with the head-to-head experience in mind. I think it’s pretty obvious that in that environment, people won’t want to lose a game based on something that’s out of their hands.
That's fine. I accept that is the reality, and has been for sometime.

But it can't be passed off as new, or next gen. Its just more of the same.
Old 11-19-2020, 08:16 PM   #10
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

I'm a vs CPU player only and I don't want weather actually affecting the game unless all the non User controlled players are cognizant of the weather affects and can make changes to their behavior accordingly on their own.

If they just all play and play call the same way they would in a perfect weather game, and just make a ton of mistakes because of it, then I would consider that a terrible outcome and bad design.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 11-19-2020, 08:32 PM   #11
Pro

StL_RamZ's Arena

OVR: 12
Cinelinx: Madden 21 Next Gen Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
Next-Gen weather seems...last-gen...i think it was Madden 09/10.....snow has been on the field since then....even footprints in the snow....and as for puddles....i also feel like that was in Madden 10.... no?!....certainly splashing was from players feet....no?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not to make this a 2k thing but didn’t NFL 2k5 have on and off rain and shadows from the clouds as they passed under the sun???

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2020, 08:34 PM   #12
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by StL_RamZ
Not to make this a 2k thing but didn’t NFL 2k5 have on and off rain and shadows from the clouds as they passed under the sun???

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Yeah and Madden 04 also. Still glad that this game will have transitional lighting.

Old 11-19-2020, 09:07 PM   #13
Rookie

I've been very supportive of M21. I'm still enjoying it.

With that said, that video in the article is an absolute joke. I feel like I've seen that video before, like, every year for a decade. None of that stuff is new. Omg now I can click my player and see plays designed for the running back - woah. Never been able to do that before. Graphics look great though.

The media that covers this game is as much if not more to blame than EA to be honest. Every year its the exact same ads, the exact same story, the exact same hype. I feel like the people who write game reviews don't actually play them, just copy/pastes what EA sent them.

Whatever. I had zero expectations with M21 and ill have zero expectations from EA for as long as I play games. With that type of outlook I was pleasantly surprised this year. Lol.
Old 11-19-2020, 09:08 PM   #14
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I'm a vs CPU player only and I don't want weather actually affecting the game unless all the non User controlled players are cognizant of the weather affects and can make changes to their behavior accordingly on their own.

If they just all play and play call the same way they would in a perfect weather game, and just make a ton of mistakes because of it, then I would consider that a terrible outcome and bad design.
Where should realism end, then?

A random fumble on what would be a game winning drive.. do you rage quit?
A critical drop on 3rd down..
A mishandled punt that leads to a turnover
A DE gets off the edge clean, only to get the random QB duck-the-sack animation

How much of this random stuff should be cut out of the game? And weather can't do its thing??

I'd love to see an occasional snap fly over my QBs head, or a poor handoff that leads to a fumble.. a poorly handled snap that leads to a shanked FG, or blocked punt.

Its football. Random things like this happen. For the sake of realism, weather should play its part, IMO. If you're not a good enough player (not you, specifically) to overcome one or two of these things in a game, I'm not sure what to say here.

... Rather than cater only to the competitive crowd, why not have a toggle switch to turn this stuff on or off? Hows that for a bleeding-edge idea??

Last edited by Madden08PCgmr; 11-19-2020 at 09:15 PM.
Old 11-19-2020, 09:12 PM   #15
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Yeah and Madden 04 also. Still glad that this game will have transitional lighting.

Another feature they removed recently smh. The 1 oclock games used to transition, now they don't. The 4 oclock games only transition now. It's cool that it's back but it should've never been taken out.

What they need now is what the show has, the seasonal time effects and also different times zones.

Also I'd much rather them have added dynamic weather instead of rain puddles and snow accumulating on sidelines. It's just sad at this point...

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2020, 09:15 PM   #16
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr
Where should realism end, then?

A random fumble on what would be a game winning drive.. do you rage quit?
A critical drop on 3rd down..
A mishandled punt that leads to a turnover
A DE gets off the edge clean, only to get the random QB duck-the-sack animation

How much of this random stuff should be cut out of the game? And weather can't do its thing??

I'd love to see an occasional snap fly over my QBs head, or a poor handoff that leads to a fumble.. a poorly handled snap that leads to a shanked FG, or blocked punt.

Its football. Random things like this happen. For the sake of realism, weather should play its part, IMO. If you're not a good enough player to overcome one or two of these things in a game, I'm not sure what to say here.

... Rather than cater only to the competitive crowd, why not have a toggle switch to turn this stuff on or off? Hows that for a bleeding-edge idea??
I think he was more-so saying he'd rather have the weather not affect the game if it only affects the user, which I agree with. The cpu/ai should have to deal with the elements and adjust their game just like the user. If that's not what was meant then yes I agree, weather should definitely not just be ascetic.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »