Home

No actual PS5/XSX gameplay 5 days before release?

This is a discussion on No actual PS5/XSX gameplay 5 days before release? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2020, 07:57 PM   #145
MVP

Archie56's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: No actual PS5/XSX gameplay 5 days before release?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
So people feel like they're "owed" something for wanting to see live gameplay of a game we've been waiting 7 years for? I guess lol
Who back in 2013 before the Xbox One or PS4 came out was sitting there saying I can't wait for the gameplay video of Madden 21 on PS5 and Xbox Series X.........

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2020, 07:59 PM   #146
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
Hey man got a question how do you construe the notion that because people have different opinion ions about EA not marketing or showing gameplay as hate? Or that people hate each other? I haven’t at least to my knowledge noticed a post where a poster has said I hate EA and I hate you for liking it? I think it’s reasonable for people to question EA based on their history and the fact that when no gameplay is shown it’s a sign of something is not right. I have seen constructive criticism and posters who respect others opinion. Hate is a strong word my man and that derails a thread not people having differing opinions of EAs direction.
The sentiment I’m getting is that in the grand scheme of things we all just want a good playing “next level” Madden as marketed and find it hard to believe that a game out in 2 days is devoid of actual gameplay footage. Call it what you want but that’s not normal business protocol unless you can get away with it. Hate? Cmon man.
He literally posted that two posts down from a guy that said anyone who likes Madden is either paid by EA or crazy so uhhhh ya he had a point lol.
Old 12-02-2020, 08:00 PM   #147
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

I will admit that it's strange they haven't show actual gameplay. Or at least more sizzle of what they have already shown.

I think we will see something tomorrow. From what I have heard from people who have seen actual gameplay is that it's a step forward, and I don't know why they aren't showing it if they are confident in it.

Maybe it's a marketing move so as to avoid the backlash and review bombing before the game even comes out. And then they will start to market it more. I really don't know. It is weird.
Old 12-02-2020, 08:03 PM   #148
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
He literally posted that two posts down from a guy that said anyone who likes Madden is either paid by EA or crazy so uhhhh ya he had a point lol.
Ok hate?what are you talking about? And again how does that relate to people hating each other? No contrary there is no point
Old 12-02-2020, 08:04 PM   #149
MVP

Archie56's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCowboys22
I can see your point here. But at the same time, the gaming industry has grown so much since then. Expectations are different as a result.

Think about this, The entire Nintendo System was $89 back then. We are now at a point where individual games are being sold for $70 a piece.

So expectations should be higher.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
The problem is, most people's expectations are astronomical. I'm not saying everyone's is, but most are. And obviously yes, the gaming industry and technology has grown since then. The issue nowadays, is that if someone has an issue with a game, they jump on Twitter or whatever to voice their displeasure and EXPECT developers to cater to their every need. Look at Last of Us Part 2 as an example. Naughty Dog told the story that THEY wanted to tell, and good for them, it's THEIR story to tell, nobody else's. And yet, there was a petition going around online for them to change the story that they told. If you dislike the game, so be it, that's your right. But you can't tell someone to change something when it wasn't yours to begin with. Sorry for the tangent, hopefully that made a little bit of sense. I'm not always the best at typing out what my brain is thinking. Ha!

Old 12-02-2020, 08:04 PM   #150
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
Where did I say the customer should be happy? I was merely offering a suggestion. Then said let's see what happens with next-gen and go from there.

I never said anyone who doesn't like the game should be happy.
That is a fair point.

But this stopped being just a game a long time ago. Ultimately probably not what you were trying to say, but I just can't let statements like that pass me by.
Old 12-02-2020, 08:06 PM   #151
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie56
Who back in 2013 before the Xbox One or PS4 came out was sitting there saying I can't wait for the gameplay video of Madden 21 on PS5 and Xbox Series X.........

Me. To act like we all haven't been anticipating the Next Gen version of Madden, especially considering all of the hardware limitations this gen is a bit disingenuous...

Like another poster stated, call it what you want but name another company that has not shown live gameplay of a hugely anticipated game this close to release...This isn't the 80's anymore lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2020, 08:09 PM   #152
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
I will admit that it's strange they haven't show actual gameplay. Or at least more sizzle of what they have already shown.

I think we will see something tomorrow. From what I have heard from people who have seen actual gameplay is that it's a step forward, and I don't know why they aren't showing it if they are confident in it.

Maybe it's a marketing move so as to avoid the backlash and review bombing before the game even comes out. And then they will start to market it more. I really don't know. It is weird.
I agree my man and I think despite everyone wording it differently this is a dominating sentiment. I don’t get what EAs end game is but like you I hope there is a gameplay video proving everyone wrong. But I don’t look side eyed at anyone who thinks differently nor do I even form a opinion of hate. It is what it is at this point

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »