Home

No actual PS5/XSX gameplay 5 days before release?

This is a discussion on No actual PS5/XSX gameplay 5 days before release? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2020, 06:41 PM   #129
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: No actual PS5/XSX gameplay 5 days before release?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
I find it funny that we get a FREE upgrade to Madden next gen and people are mad because they haven't showed any gameplay yet. It's out in less than 2 days, is it really that important to see similar gameplay with better visuals and some next gen stat overlays?

Relax, have a drink or something. When did this community of sports gamers become so angry all the time?
Because the reskin is "free" we should somehow feel content? Correct me if I am wrong, most of us did purchase this game at release and the general consensus is it did next to nothing as far as being superior to Madden 20. Literally a mail in update.
Old 12-02-2020, 06:43 PM   #130
Rookie

Vazione's Arena

Kinda surprised there hasn't been a leak from anyone of gameplay.
Old 12-02-2020, 06:49 PM   #131

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchdidthis
Because the reskin is "free" we should somehow feel content? Correct me if I am wrong, most of us did purchase this game at release and the general consensus is it did next to nothing as far as being superior to Madden 20. Literally a mail in update.
This is silly. You shouldn't feel content, you have every right to still be upset about your purchase of the game if you aren't happy with it.

If you bought it on old gen for the purpose of getting it on new gen, that's on you.

There was never a promise of an upgraded game. You're literally complaining about not getting video for a game you already own lol. Think about that for a second.

It's almost like complaining about not getting gameplay video for an upcoming patch...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2020, 07:13 PM   #132
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchdidthis
The game isn't just a "reskin'', not sure where you got that from.

There are new features and gameplay improvements. Maybe you're mad you don't like the game, and that's fine. But you should not call it a "reskin" when it's not.

Also, I don't think anyone is defending EA as a company. They are simply saying they like the game. And THAT'S OK!

The whole you aren't allowed to like the game thing, no matter how it's phrased, really pisses me off. Believe it or not, I am not defending EA. I'm defending all the people who actually enjoy the game when they are told if they do then they are part of the problem. Which is a trash opinion.

I hate a lot of games. I don't go in those forums and call people out for liking them. It's ridiculous and causes people here to just leave the forums because they don't feel like getting trashed for their opinion and being made to feel guilty about liking a game. A game. It's just a damn video game. You want options, get updated rosters for 2K5 or Madden 08. Do some research about how you can play those games with updated rosters. I get you want the newest game of Madden to be better. I do too. But lets see how this game is, and go from there.

I know certain people will see this post and say this guy is a jack *** or a Madden apologist, that's fine. But I have also posted in this forum for almost 20 years, and my opinions on Madden from Madden 06 on the 360 and going forward was not very positive. In fact, I hated Madden and NCAA up until like NCAA 14, and Madden 17. And since then I have more less enjoyed playing the game. Save for Madden 19, which I really didn't like at all. But I would never come in here and tell someone they weren't allowed to like it because I didn't or because they were part of the problem and enabling EA.

If you wanna believe that, it's fine. Go ahead. No one is saying you are wrong. If you hate Madden then that's perfectly acceptable and your opinion on that is welcome here. Just stop bashing the people who like the game.

Last edited by PVarck31; 12-02-2020 at 07:17 PM.
Old 12-02-2020, 07:14 PM   #133
MVP

Quote:
I find it funny that we get a FREE upgrade to Madden next gen and people are mad because they haven't showed any gameplay yet. It's out in less than 2 days, is it really that important to see similar gameplay with better visuals and some next gen stat overlays?

Relax, have a drink or something. When did this community of sports gamers become so angry all the time?
When did EA advertise Madden 21 Next Level as "similar gameplay with better visuals and stat overlays"? Sorry I must of missed that blog...
Old 12-02-2020, 07:20 PM   #134

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
When did EA advertise Madden 21 Next Level as "similar gameplay with better visuals and stat overlays"? Sorry I must of missed that blog...
When did they advertise it as something more?
Old 12-02-2020, 07:26 PM   #135
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
When did they advertise it as something more?
To my understanding they advertised Next Gen stats governing gameplay movement, new player models, real sidelines, new audio, better weather effects, etc. If that is "similar" to current gen then I digress...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2020, 07:35 PM   #136
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Quote:
When something that was pretty great crossed the point of no return.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »