Home

Madden 21 Next-Gen Impressions: Human Vs. AI - Post Them Here

This is a discussion on Madden 21 Next-Gen Impressions: Human Vs. AI - Post Them Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2020, 09:53 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Madden 21 Next-Gen Impressions: Human Vs. AI - Post Them Here

Now that the game has been out a couple days, going to break this out a bit more since some peeps are trying to tweak some things vs. the AI vs. what's going down in human vs. human games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2020, 02:01 AM   #2
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Madden 21 Next-Gen Impressions: Human Vs. AI - Post Them Here

The CPU QB AI has been improved a lot. Maybe I'll be proved wrong as I play more games, or it gets broken again in a Update, but the CPU drop back bug seems to be totally gone. QBs will get the ball will even attempt get the ball to WRs down the field when they get quick pressure instead of just checking it down.

In a game against Philly the CPU attempted 7 passes against me that were over 40 yards. The variety of outcomes was great, way overthrown, underthrows, caught passes, broken up passes, everything that you expect with that many deep passes.

They do throw the ball away a little too often instead of trying to challenge one on one coverage more on some of those plays, and of course they still are programmed to never get called for Intentional Grounding for throwing the ball away inside of the pocket, but it's much preferable to so many sacks being taken. The CPU gets the ball away so well now that I got 3 Roughing penalties in one game(User controlled) because I'm not use to them being able to get the ball off so quickly, luckily it was a preseason game.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 12-06-2020, 02:08 AM   #3
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

CPU RB AI is much improved too. All the moves are used and more importantly they aren't zigzagging around running into tacklers. Le'Veon Bell ran much different stylistically than James Connor did.

Playing on AM with the way Route Running is now, I put pass blocking down to 35 for both CPU and User. It mimics the NFL time in pocket at that setting and it is great. It of course help coverage when the has to come out in a couple of seconds. User DBs do seem to get caught staring at the QB and instead of turning a running sometimes but of course I don't know if that is a bug or by design. I'm not seeing catastrophically bad pass defense that others are seeing.

I still see some suction on blocking plays, it's much rarer on tackles. There are of course still two man WR/DB interactions, they aren't as jarring as they were last gen, but hopefully going forward they can mask it ever more or of course eliminate them as a best cast scenario. Blocking is better, although I still see players in the run game target defenders who are on the second level instead of a player on the LOS which of course gets the RB blown up.

There's quite a few legacy issues that are still there, I'm not expecting any of them to be addressed this year, so we'll see what happens on that front with 22.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 12-06-2020, 10:04 AM   #4
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

I'm on AM defaults still and I agree with Jfsolo, CPU QB AI is definitely much better than last gen and I'm really liking that I have to call more blitz plays so I can get pressure on the QB. A sack now is an accomplishment and OL ratings seem to matter more.

The great WR's stand out as they should and a good QB/WR combo will tear down a defense until you adjust.

Running the ball is probably my favorite improvement and momentum/size seems to matter more now as I can run over a player if I have a burst of speed and I'm seeing more tackles that require more than just 1 defensive player to bring them down.
Old 12-06-2020, 10:25 AM   #5

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

The biggest improvement I’m seeing from AI is QB play. And one of the biggest improvements from both AI and HUM QB play is the off target throws.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2020, 03:21 PM   #6
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

After more games, I am noticing the pass rush issue Jfsolo is also seeing. I haven't seen a sack in a few games. Pass coverage might also need a tweak.
Old 12-06-2020, 04:13 PM   #7
D*lph*ns m*k* m* cry

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
After more games, I am noticing the pass rush issue Jfsolo is also seeing. I haven't seen a sack in a few games. Pass coverage might also need a tweak.

Pass blocking at 35 is beautiful

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-06-2020, 04:18 PM   #8
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino13
Pass blocking at 35 is beautiful

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Great to hear, I'll try that tweak in my next game. Anything else you're seeing from default AM?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »