Home

Going Back in the Past

This is a discussion on Going Back in the Past within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2021, 12:08 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Going Back in the Past

Out of boredom, I broke out Madden 12 for Xbox 360 You know what? It was fun. The gameplay was smooth and the graphics were quite sharp for ten years ago. I don't really care so much about not having updated rosters because when I play the current madden, I love infusing players from the past into it.

Things Madden 12 has that should be in the game today:

Team Relocation
You could move a team anywhere... you have a long list of cities to choose from. Yeah... the logos are awful but EA still decided to import many of them to the current game

Create a Team
Madden gets boring because of the staleness and when it does, it is fun to build a 'cupcake' team, and import them into your current franchise. Honestly, I totally forgot when this ended and apparently, it ended in Madden 12.

Photos

I love the photos instead of the god awful drawings of created/made-up players that EA uses today.

But more importantly, playing the game is fun. Of course, I never liked that Ebay style free agent bidding but you can't have anything you want.

My point is in the age of technology, I should not be going back to a 10 year old game. None says "man... I wish I had my Nokia cell phone. No one says "i rather have my old VCR instead of streaming"

EA, you need to step up your game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2021, 01:02 PM   #2
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Re: Going Back in the Past

12 is great for franchise. The zenith really.

The gameplay is horrendous. You need to go to Madden Manifesto levels to make it playable.

Agreed on your overall premise though.
Old 02-22-2021, 01:18 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr
12 is great for franchise. The zenith really.

The gameplay is horrendous. You need to go to Madden Manifesto levels to make it playable.

Agreed on your overall premise though.
It's really funny you say that. I've been busy this weekend so I really have not been able to totally dive into it. As I was writing all of that, I thought to myself "maybe I should play more than a handful of games first" because Madden does kind of sucks you in like that. The more you play the more you see flaws.
Old 02-22-2021, 01:28 PM   #4
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennylc321
It's really funny you say that. I've been busy this weekend so I really have not been able to totally dive into it. As I was writing all of that, I thought to myself "maybe I should play more than a handful of games first" because Madden does kind of sucks you in like that. The more you play the more you see flaws.
The LBers.... Just SURREAL how bad that will jump out at you.

They'll be standing flatfooted, completely beat across the middle, and inexplicably they'll make an insane OBJ one handed pick.

Every version has something like this in it. 12 is solid overall. Fantastic if all you want to do is sim through seasons in franchise.
Old 02-22-2021, 02:25 PM   #5
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

I think the biggest flaw was throwing to RBs in the flat was automatic. But 12 was the last year of an actual in depth franchise and not CFM.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »