Home

Madden NFL 22 Franchise Mode Trailer and Details Revealed

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 22 Franchise Mode Trailer and Details Revealed within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2021, 04:49 PM   #137
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden NFL 22 Franchise Mode Trailer and Details Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJin2011tm
Well I don’t mean every single thing lol. But restricted FA was in PS2. That should at least be in.
RFAs are basically never signed by other teams in reality anymore. So I can understand that not being worth the time.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 06-24-2021, 05:40 PM   #138
MVP

OVR: 20

I would love to see restricted free agency in Madden again. It would go a long ways to helping the CPU staying competitive for long-term franchises. Waivers, restructuring contracts, backloading/front loading, etc. I hope it all makes it in next year.
Old 06-25-2021, 01:35 AM   #139
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Its sort of like a toxic relationship. Each time I believed that things were different it burned me.

Had this kind of jump occurred without the need of the bad publicity last year I may feel differently. But they only did this cause they got caught. They'll do just enough to keep us from leaving, and then its back to the same old toxic behaviors.

(sidenote: I'm surprised just how well the toxic relationship analogy works here lol)
I actually agree with you. I don't think we would be seeing any of this, or at least maybe only one new feature, if it wasn't for the social media backlash.

And I know what you mean about a toxic relationship. It's a good analogy and applies to a lot of people with a lot of games. Kinda weird.
Old 06-25-2021, 01:36 AM   #140
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoes002
I would love to see restricted free agency in Madden again. It would go a long ways to helping the CPU staying competitive for long-term franchises. Waivers, restructuring contracts, backloading/front loading, etc. I hope it all makes it in next year.
This is actually the one big thing The Show has going for it in it's franchise mode.

They basically have the MLB equivalent of all that.
Old 06-25-2021, 06:32 AM   #141
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

OVR: 0

2k has a lot of the financials that are in the CBA too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2021, 11:01 PM   #142
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
The CBA is 450 pages, for starters.
Yeah but that's like 20 megabytes tops. Probably an order of magnitude less.

Oh I think you were referring to the work to read it.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 06-28-2021, 11:07 AM   #143
Rookie

Re: Madden NFL 22 Franchise Mode Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Levy
I'm most excited for the new fatigue system. That has potential to be game changing and I love how real it could potentially make the game feel. Real NFL football is so much about a war of attrition and which teams can stay the healthiest so I'd be excited to see how that actually plays into franchise mode as so many things can stem from it: great teams failing because of injuries, hidden depth chart players emerging as superstars, dark horse teams rallying to a great season because they're healthy, having to manage an aging, veteran team that's talented but could fall apart with just one or two key injuries, etc.

I'm also very happy the feature as a whole can be turned on and off entirely and at multiple levels, I'm afraid of any improvements they make being tampered with or adjusted due to an arcade crowd.

That's a really good point, where I am never sure what the majority of player really want. Obviously, with sliders and settings different preferences are possible, but in the past hard to achieve.

In our 32-man league the great (big & small) stories come from injuries. Starter is out, young backup comes in, suddenly gets a breakout or 2 and is the starter for next season. Without injuries never going to happen. Heck, even Lamar Jackson retired last year after season 3 due to injury. Still one of the greatest stories of our league history.

BUT, I feel that the majority doesn't like it. Sim and injuries are always nice until the own team is affected. Superstar player is out for season and player stops playing as it's not fun without him. I totally understand the frustration, but the additional challenge outweighs the frustration for me. But still I feel the majority just wants to play with their starters and actually a 22 man roster would be totally fine.

I hope at least settings offer a good way to manage that, how deep or challenging each league wants to play it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »