Home

Madden NFL 22 Impressions Thread (PS5 / Xbox Series X|S)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 22 Impressions Thread (PS5 / Xbox Series X|S) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2021, 07:52 PM   #73
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 22 Impressions Thread (PS5 / Xbox Series X|S)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1ke_nyc
Is it confirmed whether or not the PS5 version has 120hz ? Some people saying it’s there some saying it’s not. I’ve only played on Series X.
They might be confused with performance and quality mode but on ps5 on performance mode the hz is 60hz even if I put my ps5 in performance mode.

On the X it is 120hz
Old 08-12-2021, 08:10 PM   #74
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Visual feedback bug is still in Madden 22. You know the one where it always shows visual feedback and coach tips every time you start a game despite you having it turned off in settings. It was in last year and they never fixed it last year. Guess they not going to fix it this year either.
Bro it's been this way since Madden 19! Unbelievable that they haven't fixed this yet!

Last edited by JKSportsGamer1984; 08-12-2021 at 08:13 PM.
Old 08-12-2021, 08:11 PM   #75
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

So just played a quick game of the Bucs-Chiefs during install on my brand new Xbox One S. Literally just got it today so this is my first time experiencing Madden on Next Gen. Overall I'm impressed by what I played. I wasn't really looking for a lot as it was just a quick game.

I gotta say though I love the momentum meter and the effect it has on the game. It's not overpowering at least from what I just played.

Default AM (I never go this route to start but figured eh why not. Always been a fan of AP myself) the game was a trade of field goals till the end and the momentum meter was on KC's side the ENTIRE 4 minute quarter game (Side note I love the camera shake when the home meter is fully maxed out great touch to get that "it's loud in here" feel) Till the very last drive I had. TAMPA TOM and I put together a 10 play, 80 yard drive which ended in a TD and sucked all the momentum away from KC that was so cool to see!

Ended up winning 12-9 and I do like the changes to the broadcast presentation especially the pre-game! This is a much better representation of pre game. Can't wait to dive into a franchise and see what's in there this year.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2021, 08:11 PM   #76
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Hey skillz how's it going?

If you test play with WR Catch above default tell if me that makes them more aggressive going up for the ball deep

Thanks
I put my WR deep, WR medium catch to aggressive. Put my DB on play the ball in the coach options. Big improvement on both sides of the ball. Got a few interceptions because now the defenders break on the ball faster and jump for it. Where as on default they were more slow to react. Offensively, it worked the same way, no more dead brain AI. Not saying they catch everything, but at least they make attempts now and re-adjust for short throws or off target throws.

I find the stiff arm to be pretty good for everybody it seem. Time it right, you definitely can stiff arm the 1st defender to the ground majority of the time. Don't know how I feel about sideline catches. At times it don't look natural, instead it look they ran into an invisible wall to prevent their momentum from going out of bounds.

Pass rush is hit or miss. To me it feel like your defensive linemen just get caught up on the blockers for an excessive amount of time. Don't happen every play, but the plays it did happen I was yelling why am I not able to clear this blocker again when I had him beat the first time. Do get some sacks, but it looked lack luster because the QB didn't try to escape, he just stood there. Might have just been the QBs I was playing against.

6:30 games are pitch black. It was like that in Madden 21 as well. Don't understand that. 6:30pm isn't pitch black outside in real life. 6:30 games look like 8:30 games because of it. Evening should look like evening, not night time. There is some beach ball moments with the football. Been quite a few times a ball bounced off some hands of a couple of players and end up being caught by a WR or DB. My first TD I scored came off of such a moment.

Haven't had a flag yet, a couple of times I thought for sure would have been pass interference, but no flag.
Old 08-12-2021, 08:17 PM   #77
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by vBaC0n
None of the Bucs rookies have pictures. I hate it

I hate that they don’t just use in-game assets like MLB The Show.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 08-12-2021, 08:27 PM   #78
MVP

49UNCFan's Arena

OVR: 2

Did you try the Series X in performance mode in 60HZ?
The CX doesn't support 120HZ Dolby yet I'm going to test it in a few
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxGamerXx
They might be confused with performance and quality mode but on ps5 on performance mode the hz is 60hz even if I put my ps5 in performance mode.

On the X it is 120hz

Subscribe and Follow! Thanks!
Old 08-12-2021, 08:31 PM   #79
Pro

steez3's Arena

OVR: 11

So is every PS5 user down with that EA sign in error that I am getting? Or do we got PS5 users actually being able to play??
Old 08-12-2021, 08:45 PM   #80
MVP

cquigley's Arena

OVR: 1

I have a 4k monitor that's only 60 hz. I also have a 1440p monitor that's 144hz. Anyone have a similar setup and able to tell which the game would run better on?

PS5 btw if that matters

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »