Home

AI Drafting still poor

This is a discussion on AI Drafting still poor within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2021, 12:55 AM   #1
Rookie

megacity1's Arena

OVR: 0
AI Drafting still poor

Finally got to the end of my first season using the Lions, went through the usual post-season steps to the draft. Used a custom 2022 class, souped to get it going. Since the Rams finished bottom of the pack, they were going to be drafting at 3, which in turn is mine.

Top 3 teams were Bengals, Texans, Lions. Great! Was definitely going to grab my QB of the future and since, OVR wise, the Bengals and Texans surely didn't have a need for QB (Watson is still the starter/didn't remove him/whatever)

So, the draft starts and I let the cpu run the first pick and...they take my QB. What? Alright, no problem, already annoyed because they don't need the QB but Watson is like a 90 OVR and not a position of need according to their team needs (same with Cincy mind you, but I digress) At 2, the Texans take....the next available QB.

Totally bummed out. I could have let it stand, and I like if some QB controversy kicks up every now and again, but this gave me flashbacks of Madden of old when QBs were getting picked up at will no matter who was behind center. With that said, I 86'd the thing and came here to vent.

Last year, and 20, I thought had a better handle on AI drafting. Bummer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2021, 01:33 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: AI Drafting still poor

Quote:
Originally Posted by megacity1
Finally got to the end of my first season using the Lions, went through the usual post-season steps to the draft. Used a custom 2022 class, souped to get it going. Since the Rams finished bottom of the pack, they were going to be drafting at 3, which in turn is mine.

Top 3 teams were Bengals, Texans, Lions. Great! Was definitely going to grab my QB of the future and since, OVR wise, the Bengals and Texans surely didn't have a need for QB (Watson is still the starter/didn't remove him/whatever)

So, the draft starts and I let the cpu run the first pick and...they take my QB. What? Alright, no problem, already annoyed because they don't need the QB but Watson is like a 90 OVR and not a position of need according to their team needs (same with Cincy mind you, but I digress) At 2, the Texans take....the next available QB.

Totally bummed out. I could have let it stand, and I like if some QB controversy kicks up every now and again, but this gave me flashbacks of Madden of old when QBs were getting picked up at will no matter who was behind center. With that said, I 86'd the thing and came here to vent.

Last year, and 20, I thought had a better handle on AI drafting. Bummer.

Yep, I had the same issue. Bills had the 1st pick. Steelers had the 2nd. So I manually controlled the Saints and had them send a haul of picks to Buffalo for the 1st pick, since Buffalo would always take Spencer Rattler, but they clearly don't need him.
Old 09-09-2021, 03:26 AM   #3
Rookie

Richie71's Arena

Re: AI Drafting still poor

Yep
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-drafting.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »