Home

I just want to play offense for both teams in franchise

This is a discussion on I just want to play offense for both teams in franchise within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2021, 03:21 PM   #9
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: I just want to play offense for both teams in franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodamEscapePlan
I also miss being able to do this. Since they took it out of Franchise, my enjoyment of the mode has drastically gone down.

It's such a simple thing! Why is this game so restrictive and annoying like this!?

BTW, has anyone ever tried using the two controller method but disconnecting the controller on defense? Or does it just not allow that?
Disconnecting a second controller gives you the “please connect controller to continue message” that cannot be bypassed without reconnecting the controller.

EA is really concerned about letting you play your franchise how you’d like to, apparently.
Old 09-22-2021, 05:25 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Curious about that as the suggestions seems to me quite "weird" (without meaning it negative). What's the background of playing it like this - just the fun to play offense? When do you regard a game as won if you play both sides at the same time?

Only playing one side (offense/defense) seems logical to me, playing both teams in the same game is a new idea for me
Old 09-22-2021, 09:29 AM   #11
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaAut
Curious about that as the suggestions seems to me quite "weird" (without meaning it negative). What's the background of playing it like this - just the fun to play offense? When do you regard a game as won if you play both sides at the same time?

Only playing one side (offense/defense) seems logical to me, playing both teams in the same game is a new idea for me
For me, it mostly comes down to the fact that I don’t like the way that the AI plays offense. I’d rather try to take both team’s offense over and see who comes out on top in any game. But in franchise I would like to make the GM and coaching decisions for my one team. I don’t need to have house rules if I know I’m trying to win the game no matter who I’m controlling. And whatever happens, happens. Plus I get to use other teams and it doesn’t get stale as fast using just my one playbook and team over and over. That’s just me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2021, 07:29 PM   #12
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Yep this is the way I play ever year use 2 controllers and I am the one creating all the plays and stats irs awesome and trying to wi. Like it’s the nfl with each tea

How do you guys not know how to do this?? It’s easy use 2 controllers you can play every game I’m doing it now
Old 09-23-2021, 11:51 AM   #13
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Unfortunately the last madden you have been able to do this with is Madden 12 on PS3. I agree, was my favorite thing to do.
Old 09-23-2021, 04:03 PM   #14
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
Yep this is the way I play ever year use 2 controllers and I am the one creating all the plays and stats irs awesome and trying to wi. Like it’s the nfl with each tea

How do you guys not know how to do this?? It’s easy use 2 controllers you can play every game I’m doing it now
How do you handle defensive play calling? What do you when a turnover happens in real time? What about kicks and returns?
Old 09-27-2021, 07:47 PM   #15
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
How do you handle defensive play calling? What do you when a turnover happens in real time? What about kicks and returns?
Simple defensive players I let the coach pick them by default as soon as I kick or punt I have for other controller ready to return it next to me, same as a turnover it isn’t that hard I’ve been doing this since madden 98! I’ve played every game in week 1 and almost week 2 already this year. I just had a 38-36 fun game titans bearing Seattle. Seattle missed a 2 point conversion Wightman 30 seconds left it’s fun! And I don’t care who wins the game I pretend it’s my own world and I’m the broadcaster
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2021, 08:53 PM   #16
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
Playing next gen Madden, is there no way to just play offense for both teams in franchise?

Tried messing with 32 team control and couldn’t really figure out a good way to do it. Especially with turnovers and play selection. It’s 2021, why can’t I just play my franchise the way that I want??

You can do it with two controllers if you only play as one player(superstar mode)….so you have to have a player selected instead of a coach for that team, and have full onfield control turned off, so there is no way to control any other player or the full team, and you just switch controller for each player you control….it is a pain, it would be so simple for them to set this up for just one controller, would also be a nice option for The Show to have

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »