Home

Madden 22: EA (Mostly) Clears Up Canceled Franchise Update Rumors

This is a discussion on Madden 22: EA (Mostly) Clears Up Canceled Franchise Update Rumors within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2022, 10:41 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Madden 22: EA (Mostly) Clears Up Canceled Franchise Update Rumors

I just watched the most recent Madden/EA twitch stream, which I just now learned is a thing EA does daily. This was from late December, and it said EA Studios (presumably meaning just about everyone) would be off from 12/23 until 1/4 (tomorrow). They didn't give a date for the next update or anything, but reading between the lines, there was no one working to do anything with the update for the past two weeks. I could see a scenario where it was more or less done before holidays, then this week it pushes out, but I might be delusional with hope. They also didn't mention franchise specifically at all, but they did mention some new MUT stuff coming in the early part of January. I don't play MUT, so I don't know how much new stuff can be added without a title update, but if the next title update does come with a franchise update, maybe soon?

I've been putting off a new franchise for about a week or so because I didn't want to get too far into a new one only to find out an early January update adds features to new franchise files.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2022, 12:03 AM   #26
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by moTIGS
I just watched the most recent Madden/EA twitch stream, which I just now learned is a thing EA does daily. This was from late December, and it said EA Studios (presumably meaning just about everyone) would be off from 12/23 until 1/4 (tomorrow). They didn't give a date for the next update or anything, but reading between the lines, there was no one working to do anything with the update for the past two weeks. I could see a scenario where it was more or less done before holidays, then this week it pushes out, but I might be delusional with hope. They also didn't mention franchise specifically at all, but they did mention some new MUT stuff coming in the early part of January. I don't play MUT, so I don't know how much new stuff can be added without a title update, but if the next title update does come with a franchise update, maybe soon?

I've been putting off a new franchise for about a week or so because I didn't want to get too far into a new one only to find out an early January update adds features to new franchise files.
The time off for the holidays is why I don't expect it to be out for a few weeks.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 01-04-2022, 12:28 AM   #27
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I’m not holding my breath for anything more complex than what was detailed in the original SGO report - a skill tree for scouting and some new events for the Scenario Engine to fire. Maybe some bug fixes along the way.
If done right new events for the Scenario Engine could be a significant addition to breath life into franchise mode.

If the backend to the scenario engine is what they said it was, the amount of untapped potential it has is enormous. Add a player morale and tag system from back in the day that labeled franchise QBs, feature backs, etc and the scenario engine could be the biggest feature in any franchise mode.
Old 01-04-2022, 03:55 PM   #28
Pro

OVR: 0

Is the cpu able to use the scenario engine or is it still just human users?

Sent from my SM-S205DL using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-11-2022, 08:59 AM   #29
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
If done right new events for the Scenario Engine could be a significant addition to breath life into franchise mode.

If the backend to the scenario engine is what they said it was, the amount of untapped potential it has is enormous. Add a player morale and tag system from back in the day that labeled franchise QBs, feature backs, etc and the scenario engine could be the biggest feature in any franchise mode.
This would be AMAZING.

I loved the idea of a scenario engine, however as we all know its been a disappointment. It shouldn't be en option to click on, it should be mandatory. I have been playing be a pro in NHL 22 and it forces you into news conferences, and scenarios. Being able to essentially skip players wanting to retire, or news conferences after a big win/loss is crazy.

Not to mention I hope they re-tool the scouting update. Yes, I know its brand new, however I feel EA is just gonna copy/paste it into next year with no adjustments.
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 01-11-2022, 10:20 AM   #30
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

At this point why even add anything to the game? They haven't fixed the bugs from the only update that came this cycle and the nfl season is basically over. Might as well hold the updates and shift to m23.

It is interesting how much EA has dropped the ball as a company this year though. We've seen the crap with Madden. Then FIFA has been a nightmare as well... players don't have names or numbers on their jerseys months after release lol... and Battlefield 2042 is selling for $5 because it's such a flop. There's always a share in the blame, but this year feels like an overall failure by EA to deliver in any of their games.
Old 01-11-2022, 11:03 AM   #31
Rookie

Ragnar84's Arena

Madden 22: EA (Mostly) Clears Up Canceled Franchise Update Rumors

After the FIXMADDENFRANCHISE hype, EA responded with a bunch of empty vague statements while acknowledging the trending hashtag. But since then there has been nothing done to significantly improve the mode in either M21 or 22. And now as of January 11 we’re finding out that they literally lied about three FRANCHISE updates for this cycle. They tried to do damage control after the SGO report but that was basically to buy more time and hope that everyone forgets or doesn’t care or both. over the holidays. This is always their strategy in regards to updates to franchise mode. Make some statements about hearing our feedback but never committing to anything that would fundamentally improve the game outside of a few tweaks to features already in the game. It takes months for them to release updates for franchise so by this timeline it would be April by the time we would get another update.They talk a big game about being a live service that really only is relevant with MUT. Everyone is aware of the daily and weekly upgrades and rollout content MUT receives while never offering a crumb about anything franchise related. They lied about improving franchise mode in 21-22 and there is no indication that they have any intention of drastically improving franchise for 23. Wish left and comments on discord or forums literally do nothing because people have been creative with ideas and offer them up to EA with zero implementation. It is what it is and it’s never going to change as long as they have a monopoly.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by Ragnar84; 01-11-2022 at 11:07 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2022, 04:05 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar84
After the FIXMADDENFRANCHISE hype, EA responded with a bunch of empty vague statements while acknowledging the trending hashtag. But since then there has been nothing done to significantly improve the mode in either M21 or 22. And now as of January 11 we’re finding out that they literally lied about three FRANCHISE updates for this cycle. They tried to do damage control after the SGO report but that was basically to buy more time and hope that everyone forgets or doesn’t care or both. over the holidays. This is always their strategy in regards to updates to franchise mode. Make some statements about hearing our feedback but never committing to anything that would fundamentally improve the game outside of a few tweaks to features already in the game. It takes months for them to release updates for franchise so by this timeline it would be April by the time we would get another update.They talk a big game about being a live service that really only is relevant with MUT. Everyone is aware of the daily and weekly upgrades and rollout content MUT receives while never offering a crumb about anything franchise related. They lied about improving franchise mode in 21-22 and there is no indication that they have any intention of drastically improving franchise for 23. Wish left and comments on discord or forums literally do nothing because people have been creative with ideas and offer them up to EA with zero implementation. It is what it is and it’s never going to change as long as they have a monopoly.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Did they release something saying they are not doing it yet? They said they'll tell us more after the new year... it's only 11 days in..

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »