Home

Madden NFL 22 Championship Series

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 22 Championship Series within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2022, 07:51 PM   #1
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Madden NFL 22 Championship Series

EA Sports has pushed the Madden Championship Series throughout the lifecycle of Madden NFL 22 so far - there is even a tile on the game's main menu which puts the event series front and center for everyone to see, and many of their social media posts throughout the season have promoted upcoming events and the roster of participants. In addition, the playoffs for said event is underway as I type this.

With that in mind, I pose the following two questions about the event:

1 - Are you watching / do you intend to watch any of the the Madden Championship Series?

2 - Do you know anything about the competitors in the Madden Championship Series? Some examples of things I am looking for: do you know anything about any one competitor's team construction strategies, preferred play style and tactics, unique skills relative to other Madden NFL competitive players, or any one competitor's history / rivalry with any other MCS participant?

I have a reasonable guess as to what the responses to these two questions will be, but I'm mostly interested in taking the pulse of how well or how poorly EA Sports has informed their audience about the event, which has occupied a front-and-center spot with how Madden NFL 22 has been promoted this year.

I also humbly request we don't bog this thread down with discussion about the merits of Simulation vs Competitive play style, complaints about Ultimate Team, or other laments about how Tiburon chooses to develop the Madden NFL video game. There are plenty of threads discussing those topics. I'm purely interested in how effectively EA Sports has pushed MCS here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2022, 11:20 PM   #2
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Madden NFL 22 Championship Series

1. I put it on in the background strictly to earn the MUT drops.

2. I only know some of the names because of either in-game ads or because of me putting the streams on to get the drops.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 01-14-2022, 08:34 AM   #3
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
EA Sports has pushed the Madden Championship Series throughout the lifecycle of Madden NFL 22 so far - there is even a tile on the game's main menu which puts the event series front and center for everyone to see, and many of their social media posts throughout the season have promoted upcoming events and the roster of participants. In addition, the playoffs for said event is underway as I type this.

1 - Are you watching / do you intend to watch any of the the Madden Championship Series?

2 - Do you know anything about the competitors in the Madden Championship Series? Some examples of things I am looking for: do you know anything about any one competitor's team construction strategies, preferred play style and tactics, unique skills relative to other Madden NFL competitive players, or any one competitor's history / rivalry with any other MCS participant?

I have a reasonable guess as to what the responses to these two questions will be, but I'm mostly interested in taking the pulse of how well or how poorly EA Sports has informed their audience about the event, which has occupied a front-and-center spot with how Madden NFL 22 has been promoted this year.

I also humbly request we don't bog this thread down with discussion about the merits of Simulation vs Competitive play style, complaints about Ultimate Team, or other laments about how Tiburon chooses to develop the Madden NFL video game. There are plenty of threads discussing those topics. I'm purely interested in how effectively EA Sports has pushed MCS here.
1. No, id rather watch paint dry, which brings me to #2...

2. Do they hot route to exploit glitches and/or coverage breakdowns because the CPU isnt competent enough to know to at least TRY and cover everyone they are assigned too?

I try and watch some of the best people on youtube that play Madden, and just yesterday I had a guy who I will not name, even point out the guy he was playing was using a glitch play because there is no defense to stop it. What it was, I dunno cause I choose not to dive into that stuff. I also want to mention, the glitch player was also i think the 4th best player right now?

My style of play is different from the pro's, maybe that is why I cant compete against the CPU on All-Madden yet. I dont hot route, or know the glitch plays to get guys open. I try and run a "what would a coach REALLY call in a situation like this?"
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 01-14-2022, 08:57 AM   #4
Pro

patsfan1993's Arena

OVR: 8

1. No
2. No

I am not the target audience. I have never and will never play MUT.
Old 01-14-2022, 10:53 AM   #5
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

I watch from time to time just to laugh at the playing styles. But I don't know anything specific about any of the players

Watch me play video games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2022, 10:54 AM   #6
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe

No and no.

I'm going to say one thing...

The problem with these comp guys is that they are too focused on "beating Madden" vs "playing football". Honestly, I think EA is doing the entire competitive community a disservice by not moving them over to The Yard format.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 01-14-2022 at 10:56 AM.
Old 01-14-2022, 06:52 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 0

No and no.

I might recognize a name or two from Twitter, twitch, etc, but other than that, I couldn't care less about them or the "championship series".

Sent from my SM-S205DL using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-15-2022, 01:19 AM   #8
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

This is about the response I expected. For the record, I am not watching the MCS either.

I do watch my friends play games in any online league we are in, but beyond that I don't think Madden's gameplay allows for enough self-expression to make watching ranked Madden play compelling. Madden games are also historically limited to having a single "meta" (be it a limited roster of viable players, specific play calls which are more effective than others, or broken mechanics getting abused), which makes every high-level competitive Madden game look very same-y.

I also think the promotion for the MCS has been... beyond awful? All year the ads for the various events have been limited to "Here's a Madden competitor making a mean face. This is how much money he has won playing Madden. Here is a clip of him shouting at his monitor. Go watch him play Madden at our Twitch channel." That is not at all a compelling hook for a television product, lol.

Last edited by CM Hooe; 01-15-2022 at 01:21 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »