Home

NFL2K5 vs Madden 2005

This is a discussion on NFL2K5 vs Madden 2005 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: NFL 2K5 or Madden 2005?
2K5 37 69.81%
Madden 2005 16 30.19%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-24-2022, 04:17 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NFL2K5 vs Madden 2005

hell, 2k5 wasn’t even all that different from 2k4...it was simply a step up in presentation with a lower price tag...the fact that there’s people who argue 2k4 was the better game prove my point that 2k5 was simply a product of 2k’s vision at the time and was not intended to be this be-all end-all simulation football game that many people perceive it to be
Old 03-24-2022, 05:53 PM   #34
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSL97
nahh you people look at 2k5 with those tinted glasses...was it very good for its time? most definitely...was it amazing? no it was a standard football game that did a few things better than madden like player movement and presentation... I swear people cream themselves to a feature like the Crib in 2k5 (which was in all other 2k sports games at the time) and First Person Football (which causes seizures after 30 minutes of playing)

So the way that you perceive the game is with real lenses; but the ones who believe differently and think this game was great according to their own tastes are wearing tinted lenses? It's all subjective according to individual taste and it does say something that people are playing these games still...some people up here weren't even born or were in diapers when they came out. I wonder how many people will still be playing Madden 22 twenty years from now.
Old 03-24-2022, 06:00 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Don't feed the troll until he ups his work. Poorly trolling is just boring. You have to troll with style.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2022, 09:20 AM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
So the way that you perceive the game is with real lenses; but the ones who believe differently and think this game was great according to their own tastes are wearing tinted lenses? It's all subjective according to individual taste and it does say something that people are playing these games still...some people up here weren't even born or were in diapers when they came out. I wonder how many people will still be playing Madden 22 twenty years from now.
people absolutely have been wearing tinted glasses when it comes to 2k5...whenever the mere possibility comes up that 2k could be working on a football game people act like its gonna be this saving grace to the football community and a “madden killer”...it would take YEARS for them to catch up as 2k would be left with assets from 2008 and they would have to build a new gameplay engine and a franchise mode as well as a Mycareer mode FROM THE GROUND UP...people in these forums and on youtube have absolutely no clue how video game development actually works, its not as simple as a team of 30 people sitting in an office of computers and saying “lets do this sh*t!”...theres so much more corporate input and funding that goes into everything before it even gets off the ground
Old 03-25-2022, 09:29 AM   #37
Rookie

not to mention 2k’s reputation for putting out great baskebtall games has been dwindling in recent years as they’ve been utilizing nearly the exact same approach as madden with the copy-and-paste games each year and focusing solely on MyCareer and MyTeam/Ultimate Team modes and neglecting everything else in the process...do people forget how terrible 2k baseball was on 360/ps3 that it had to be CANCELLED?...in an alternate reality there wouldn’t be any guarantee that the nfl 2ks on the ps3 would’ve been near the level of the nba 2k11s and 2k12s etc, in that era both their baseball and hockey games tanked and with no football game out they were able to put all their resources into nba 2k and manage to kill nba live in the process, in a reality where there’s still an nfl 2k we’d have no MJ in the nba 2k series, let that sink in...people also forget that 2k now works on the WWE games and look how thats going so far...

Last edited by JackSL97; 03-25-2022 at 09:36 AM.
Old 03-25-2022, 09:39 AM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Don't feed the troll until he ups his work. Poorly trolling is just boring. You have to troll with style.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
an opinion different from yours isn’t “trolling”...im sorry i’ve attempted to ruin the mystique of some football game that was developed by Jesus Christ himself
Old 03-25-2022, 10:24 AM   #39
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSL97
in an alternate reality there wouldn’t be any guarantee that the nfl 2ks on the ps3 would’ve been near the level of the nba 2k11s and 2k12s etc, in that era both their baseball and hockey games tanked and with no football game out they were able to put all their resources into nba 2k and manage to kill nba live in the process, in a reality where there’s still an nfl 2k we’d have no MJ in the nba 2k series, let that sink in...people also forget that 2k now works on the WWE games and look how thats going so far...
I'd like to live in that reality, regardless of the results.

With the NFL being the billion pound gorilla that it is, I highly doubt Take2 would allow their NFL game to stink up the joint, had they been allowed to make one over the years.
Old 03-25-2022, 10:54 AM   #40
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr
I'd like to live in that reality, regardless of the results.

With the NFL being the billion pound gorilla that it is, I highly doubt Take2 would allow their NFL game to stink up the joint, had they been allowed to make one over the years.
there’s only so much blame people could throw towards EA in this situation...EA as a whole went down the tubes in the ps3/360 generation and the mediocre string of NBA Live releases up until its cancellation in 2010 were a strong indicator of that...the NFL itself is the problem as they’re only interested in making a profit off their brand and EA simply had the bigger market with madden at the time...funny how with the baseball games its a complete reverse with people saying MVP Baseball, a game developed by EA, was the “greatest baseball game of all time” and that MLB 2k sucked...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »