Home

Old 08-31-2008, 07:33 PM   #9
Pro

steez3's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Ocho Cinco

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTwolves21
lol im glad everybody aint mad at him for doing somethign different, once again bring the fun back lol and speaking of fun am i the only one that hates in college the excessive celebration penalty?
I absolutely hate the no excessive penalty in NCAA, these are kids we are talking about here and all the hard work they put in plus education(at certain schools lol) they deserve to celebrate. I consider myself a old school fan, I enjoy smash mouth defensive football and liked nothing more then seeing Barry Sanders hand the ball to the ref every single time he scored but I also love the flair and excitement it brings to the game. Ill never forget watching that niners seahawks game on Monday night when TO caught the pass and I seen him reaching in his sock and out comes in infamous sharpie! I was blown away and thought that was SICK! And I absolutely love Ocho, and this coming from a die hard steelers fan
Old 08-31-2008, 07:53 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 10

I just changed his last name to Ocho Cinco and created Pac Man.
Old 09-01-2008, 04:08 PM   #11
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18

Its funny because im watching ESPN and NFL Network and there still calling him Chad Johnson and not Chad Javon Ocho Cinco.I haven't changed his name yet,im waiting for the next roster update to see if they put it on there if they don't then i'll change it.NFL Netwrik is reporting that his name remains "Chad Johnson" on the written Depth Chart,so we may not hear the media say Chad Javon Ocho Cinco.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2008, 11:55 AM   #12
Pro

Revolution42's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by steez3
I absolutely hate the no excessive penalty in NCAA, these are kids we are talking about here and all the hard work they put in plus education(at certain schools lol) they deserve to celebrate. I consider myself a old school fan, I enjoy smash mouth defensive football and liked nothing more then seeing Barry Sanders hand the ball to the ref every single time he scored but I also love the flair and excitement it brings to the game. Ill never forget watching that niners seahawks game on Monday night when TO caught the pass and I seen him reaching in his sock and out comes in infamous sharpie! I was blown away and thought that was SICK! And I absolutely love Ocho, and this coming from a die hard steelers fan
Yeah...I get your drift. I consider myself an "old school" type myself when it comes to sports and behavior...but I am also a proponent for freedom of expression etc....that being said....imo...I would prefer to see a guy play it cool...act like it is an everyday occurance when he makes a routine tackle or catch a pass in the flats when wide open. I watch games now....dude makes a routine play....he starts the dancing, chest thumping, gyrating....moon walking, pointing to the sky, you get my point....you would think it was the only play he ever made or ever will make. I'm sure the raw emotion plays a large part....but like I said....make a play...be cool....act like you do it all the time...play it off like no big deal when you make that one handed diving catch in the back of the end zone and still manage to get your feet inbounds....now that is "cool". Just an opinion, by no means judging anyone, I played some sports at the post high school level so I definately understand the emotional aspect behind alot of it.....its all good. And YES....the Sharpie stunt was a classic. In fact, Johnson / Cinco is responsible in a few ways for the new wave of post TD / big play celebrations and their evolution. Many players are having to become very creative in order to "keep up". Yeah I know...post is getting long....one last comment...
I was reading a blog last night...had been surfing some random NCAA football stuff.....guy had posted in his blog, cant remeber the school.....Jacksonville St....NC A&T...maybe Louisiana D.O.C...cant recall.....they have a freshman O lineman...he is 6'8" 375lbs. ....claims that IF he makes the NFL draft he is going to change his name to...Muchos Negro. Now that is funny......all thanks to Johnson / Cinco. Ya gotta love this stuff....

Last edited by Revolution42; 09-05-2008 at 12:00 PM. Reason: correct typo
Old 09-05-2008, 11:56 AM   #13
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

I changed it....

Doucho Bago
Old 09-05-2008, 12:08 PM   #14
MVP

kt-od's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbeth
The best part about his last name change is that it's not spanish for "eighty-five", instead, he's saying his number is "eight five". Nice....Walter Payton also wore the number "three four".

Ugh....
LOL. I know. "Ocho Cinco" does look better on the name plate on the back of a jersey. Could you imagine seeing "Ochenta y Cinco" instead?

I do thinks it's a publicity stunt as well. What if he gets traded and has to wear the number "83". That would be hilarious.
Old 09-05-2008, 01:26 PM   #15
Rookie

nolan273's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
I changed it....

Doucho Bago
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2008, 02:40 PM   #16
Banned

DaTwolves21's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by kt-od
LOL. I know. "Ocho Cinco" does look better on the name plate on the back of a jersey. Could you imagine seeing "Ochenta y Cinco" instead?

I do thinks it's a publicity stunt as well. What if he gets traded and has to wear the number "83". That would be hilarious.

LOL that is a great point but im sure he would get number 8 5 or pay for it lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »