Home

imported NCAA draft class....rookie ratings in season 2 of Madden 2010

This is a discussion on imported NCAA draft class....rookie ratings in season 2 of Madden 2010 within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2009, 03:19 PM   #97
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: imported NCAA draft class....rookie ratings in season 2 of Madden 2010

Last night I did a test with 3 different draft classes from NCAA. Here's what I found. I did 6 drafts with each class.

For any draft class, ratings will change within a range of 10 points or so when you first import the draft class in the madden franchise (after Week4 Preseason). For example, Colt McCoy showed up between 57 and 70 for 1 draft class.

Scouting affected how players were ranked on your board. I had some players drop 5 spots within their position group after I scouted them, others, like Trevor Mays, would shoot up the list.

But scouting did not seem to change the ratings of the players, only how accurate my draft board was. After the super bowl, I saved my franchise, and then did the draft from there 3 times. Each time, the players had the same stats. HOWEVER, their draft position would change slightly. My guess is that Madden has each CPU team stack their own draft board, and the draft order shown during the draft is based on an average of the 32 team's boards.

Potential DID seem to change between the Super Bowl and the draft (note that one of the loading screens says "projecting draft class". Example. In my class 3, Eric Berry had a B potential once, and a C potential the next time.

Different draft classes can have very different stats. Colt McCoy went from 57 to 59, to 78 to 47. TE Gresham ranged from 92 to 66. My GUESS is that stats can be affected by stats generated in NCAA- Colt McCoy was highest in the year that he won the Heisman. But players seem to have a range they normally fall into. I simmed with Tennessee, finished with 1 loss, but Eric Berry still only made it up to a 70.

To recap. Different NCAA draft classes have different stats. Each time you import a draft class to your franchise, you get some stat variation. Each time you go from the Super Bowl to the off-season, you get some potential variation. Scouting affects your draft board, but not player abilities.

One thing I noticed- it seems like player ages would change from scouting to the post-draft information. I'm ok if some guys get older, but some guys seemed to go from 24 years old down to 21.

Any tips on getting Eric Berry good enough to draft #1?
Old 12-31-2009, 09:33 PM   #98
Best in the World

BDKiiing's Arena

OVR: 23

I just got a PS3 and Madden so Im not sure on this. but is it possible to have someone post draft classes on here and put them on a flash drive and download them to the PS3, like you can rosters?

Old 01-01-2010, 04:30 AM   #99
Pro

OVR: 7

one thing i know is the size of the player in NCAA will effect their rating in Madden tremendously. Madden loves the bigger player. You could have a beast running back, but he is 5'9'' 195, he'll be trash in Madden, but make that same player 6'2'' 225, his ratings will be alot higher when transfered to Madden
Old 01-08-2010, 11:21 PM   #100
MVP

JLWebb's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksruleva
Last night I did a test with 3 different draft classes from NCAA. Here's what I found. I did 6 drafts with each class.

For any draft class, ratings will change within a range of 10 points or so when you first import the draft class in the madden franchise (after Week4 Preseason). For example, Colt McCoy showed up between 57 and 70 for 1 draft class.

Scouting affected how players were ranked on your board. I had some players drop 5 spots within their position group after I scouted them, others, like Trevor Mays, would shoot up the list.

But scouting did not seem to change the ratings of the players, only how accurate my draft board was. After the super bowl, I saved my franchise, and then did the draft from there 3 times. Each time, the players had the same stats. HOWEVER, their draft position would change slightly. My guess is that Madden has each CPU team stack their own draft board, and the draft order shown during the draft is based on an average of the 32 team's boards.

Potential DID seem to change between the Super Bowl and the draft (note that one of the loading screens says "projecting draft class". Example. In my class 3, Eric Berry had a B potential once, and a C potential the next time.

Different draft classes can have very different stats. Colt McCoy went from 57 to 59, to 78 to 47. TE Gresham ranged from 92 to 66. My GUESS is that stats can be affected by stats generated in NCAA- Colt McCoy was highest in the year that he won the Heisman. But players seem to have a range they normally fall into. I simmed with Tennessee, finished with 1 loss, but Eric Berry still only made it up to a 70.

To recap. Different NCAA draft classes have different stats. Each time you import a draft class to your franchise, you get some stat variation. Each time you go from the Super Bowl to the off-season, you get some potential variation. Scouting affects your draft board, but not player abilities.

One thing I noticed- it seems like player ages would change from scouting to the post-draft information. I'm ok if some guys get older, but some guys seemed to go from 24 years old down to 21.

Any tips on getting Eric Berry good enough to draft #1?
I changed Eric Berry to a CB on NCAA. He went #1 overall to the Browns then I changed him to SS after he was drafted. As a SS, I could not get him above the 3rd round for some reason.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:00 PM   #101
Rookie

OVR: 0

How I import my draft class is similar... I make all the QBs that I think
would be good NFL players ratings

99 AWR
99 ELU
99 THA

It works the best... then after that I creat QBs for the future drafts...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2010, 01:41 PM   #102
Rookie

mjarz02's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLWebb
I changed Eric Berry to a CB on NCAA. He went #1 overall to the Browns then I changed him to SS after he was drafted. As a SS, I could not get him above the 3rd round for some reason.
You gotta change Eric Berry to a CB otherwise he sucks, hes not even a 70 overall. As soon as hes drafted just change him back to safety.
Old 01-28-2010, 02:43 PM   #103
MattUMD224

OVR:

ahhh i think im on to something here....i was tinkering with players...i was tired off seeing Jahvid Best and CJ Spiller speeds being reduce to low 90 mid 80 and coming out with the age of 23 and 24.....so what i did was change both player with freshman players..changed CAL RB Covaughn Deboskie to Jahvid Best and changed all the ratings.....Best came into my draft class with age 21 and speed of 97...i change CJ Spiller with another Clemson RB and speed was 96 and age 21 as well

tonight im gonan do some more testing but i think i found something here

Old 01-29-2010, 11:04 AM   #104
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattUMD224
ahhh i think im on to something here....i was tinkering with players...i was tired off seeing Jahvid Best and CJ Spiller speeds being reduce to low 90 mid 80 and coming out with the age of 23 and 24.....so what i did was change both player with freshman players..changed CAL RB Covaughn Deboskie to Jahvid Best and changed all the ratings.....Best came into my draft class with age 21 and speed of 97...i change CJ Spiller with another Clemson RB and speed was 96 and age 21 as well

tonight im gonan do some more testing but i think i found something here
what were their speed ratings in NCAA?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »