Home

Revis = best CB in NFL

This is a discussion on Revis = best CB in NFL within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2009, 03:56 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Revis = best CB in NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
I agree. Asante Samuel is the best CB in the league at getting picks. But he is not the best CB all around. He doesn't tackle, and gives up some big plays because of his gambles. If you look at that chart someone posted, Sheldon Brown is actually rated higher than Samuel. Sheldon might be the most underrated corner in the game today.

My top 5:
Darrel Revis
Nnamdi Asomouga
Charles Woodson
Antoine Winfield
Champ Bailey
I would say Rod Hood. He played great in Philly, was lights out in Arizona, and made the Titans pass D alot better while Harper was out (no idea why Harper is starting again, and on the #1 receiver at that).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2009, 10:49 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 3

Old 12-03-2009, 11:19 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 6

if that was the 1st time you've seen Revis play an entire game then there you go!

Revis is the best CB in the NFL! He was actually human tonight and dropped an INT. He usually catches everything.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:51 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 4

Bottomline it is Chuck Woodson. As everyone has said you can't go wrong with any of the top 5. But Woodson just does so much more than the others. He covers TEs like a Safety. You can put him in the slot in a Nickel Pkg. He can play LCB or RCB. As a poster once put, he's the MOST COMPLETE corner. Tackling, Covering, Blitzing, Turnover forcing. You can't go wrong with Chuck.

About Asomugha he's a lot like Deion. You know where he is going to be every single time. Reason isn't because of confusion or anything like that. Because at the end of the day, you can dictate your scheme around his sole location. Deion played LCB and wasn't always matched up with the elite receiver, but the thing was, he single-handedly would shut down the WHOLE side of the field he lined up on. When you take away 1/4 - 1/2 of the field, playing defense is much easier. I'm not saying Deion wasn't GREAT because he was. Besides, since most QBs are RIGHT HANDED, they read progressions RIGHT to LEFT. So Asomugha is always the first read. If he's done his job, he won't see a lot of looks. Revis is very impressive, when they played DAL on Thanksgiving a few years ago I watched him matchup with TO and came away thinking that he could be an elite corner.

Only reason I'd take Chuck is because he can play zone, man, BNR, you can roll coverage away from him and he'll still make plays all over the field. He's just got an uncanny knack for finding the ball. Only thing I don't like is that he knows he's good, so he'll set up QBs just to get targeted, by looking beat on plays.

I'm still shocked Asomugha was a FS at Cal and never played CB in college. I remember him getting drafted thinking to myself the heck are the Raiders doing.

Last edited by Gr8ONe; 12-07-2009 at 03:04 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:06 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 6

the problem with asomugha is that he never gets tested. i've rarely seen anyone throw to him. and why would they? he's on the same side of the field all game. he doesn't move to match up with the #1 receiver.

revis always moves with the #1 receiver and so does Woodson according to the previous poster.

before last weeks game vs PIT Aso had allowed 19 receptions in 23 attempts for 230 yards. Thats 104 QB rating.

Revis has allowed 29 receptions for 315 yds but in 72 attempts going against the games best receivers!

Revis > Aso
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2009, 06:16 PM   #46
MVP

OVR: 36

Revis and Charles Woodson are the best. Both are complete. They have good hands, outstanding coverage skills, and they both are good in the run game. They can make any tackle that linebackers can.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:28 PM   #47
Rookie

suthrnthug's Arena

OVR: 5

Woodson and Revis are definately the best two CB in the game. I don't think there are any corners even close to those two. Revis can shut down elites and C-Wood is a the best playmaker on defense in the league. Plus Woodson donated 2 million dollars to a Children's hospital. A real class act on the field and off the field.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:32 PM   #48
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightnreyes
the problem with asomugha is that he never gets tested. i've rarely seen anyone throw to him. and why would they? he's on the same side of the field all game. he doesn't move to match up with the #1 receiver.
To me, that's not a slight on Asmougha unless they are doing that because he can't handle being on the #1 all game.

If that's the Raiders' defensive scheme, it doesn't really say much.

I mean, if the Jets decided to leave Revis on one side of the field - would that suddenly make him a worse corner?

I think eventually teams will stop testing Revis and just throw to the #2 and TE more. Pretty much what they did with Deion Sanders.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »