Home

(PS3) M12 Attempting All-Time Team rosters...OS Community

This is a discussion on (PS3) M12 Attempting All-Time Team rosters...OS Community within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2011, 07:03 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: (PS3) M12 Attempting All-Time Team rosters...OS Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by drj32
What does the second column represent?
For example, 99=1.1 for QBs?
If 99 is the rating, what does 1.1 represent?
thanks
It looks like it represents the Approximate Value per game.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:41 PM   #10
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Don't have Madden 12 yet, but I'll be keeping my eye on this project. I'm a big fan of classic rosters.
Old 09-23-2011, 08:40 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Don't have Madden 12 yet, but I'll be keeping my eye on this project. I'm a big fan of classic rosters.
Ditto. If classic rosters come out for this game I am in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2011, 09:03 AM   #12
Rookie

Rudy09's Arena

OVR: 3

Great thread, I prefer using classic teams (85 Bears, 78 Steelers, etc...) just wish EA would leave those old team options in the game.
Old 09-25-2011, 10:05 AM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicer420
It looks like it represents the Approximate Value per game.
yea thats correct, the second column would be the player's av per game. sorry i havent been on here in a few days to respond but i have decided to not figure in the players overall first as it seems to kind of make some ratings too high just in order to get his overall where it needs to be. i think the most important factor is that the player himself is accurately represented in the game by his attributes and traits. feel free to change that list up or use it however u want. its still not a bad rough draft guide to gauge how a players av would translate into a madden overall rating. keep in mind i havent tested the chart very much, so like i said change it to suite your needs. so after saying all that i have come upon a better way to make rosters i think. i will be using ratings that the espn nfl 2k5 roster making team has used for years by downloading their rosters and using a rating converson system that i have made to transfer the ratings into madden. the reason i am choosing nfl 2k5 is because i think those guys were some of the best roster makers as far as accuracy to ratings. madden 08 for pc did have some good roster makers but the majority of them dont concentrate as much on historic teams as espn does, and the footballfreaks website went down so many of those rosters i cant get anymore even though i did have them at one point in time. anyway should be interesting to see how they play out.

Last edited by jHorns; 09-25-2011 at 10:07 AM.
Old 09-25-2011, 10:10 AM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Ditto. If classic rosters come out for this game I am in.
capa, funny you should say that since it is mainly your classic rosters from espn 2k5 that i will be using to make my rosters. dont know how long this would take me to complete, this is the first time i will be attempting to make rosters for this game.
Old 09-25-2011, 03:24 PM   #15
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jHorns
yea thats correct, the second column would be the player's av per game. sorry i havent been on here in a few days to respond but i have decided to not figure in the players overall first as it seems to kind of make some ratings too high just in order to get his overall where it needs to be. i think the most important factor is that the player himself is accurately represented in the game by his attributes and traits. feel free to change that list up or use it however u want. its still not a bad rough draft guide to gauge how a players av would translate into a madden overall rating. keep in mind i havent tested the chart very much, so like i said change it to suite your needs. so after saying all that i have come upon a better way to make rosters i think. i will be using ratings that the espn nfl 2k5 roster making team has used for years by downloading their rosters and using a rating converson system that i have made to transfer the ratings into madden. the reason i am choosing nfl 2k5 is because i think those guys were some of the best roster makers as far as accuracy to ratings. madden 08 for pc did have some good roster makers but the majority of them dont concentrate as much on historic teams as espn does, and the footballfreaks website went down so many of those rosters i cant get anymore even though i did have them at one point in time. anyway should be interesting to see how they play out.
Yea, it's tough to target an overall and make a player play as himself. But, using AV and setting a range based on AV has played out pretty well for me so far. Of the QBs and HBs that I've finished, this system has translated well for overalls and actual gameplay. I'm really liking the way it's been playing so far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2011, 03:46 PM   #16
Pro

Here's an update of my progress.

For now, ignore that spreadsheet, I need to update that and will hopefully do so this coming week.

As far as where I'm at...I'm starting off by creating NFL's networks top 100 players of all time. I'm also creating the all decade teams since the 50's and all the "starting" QBs, HBs, Ks, Ps, and a bunch of defensive players. Also, I'm reassigning current players to their correct teams and adjusting their ratings. For example, Hasselbeck back to the Seahawks, LDT to the Chargers etc.

So by next weekend I'll post the all decade teams as create-a-team files for you guys to use. And hopefully, I'll get some feedback about how they play and all that, so I can make adjustments if I need to scale down or up.

As always, I welcome any help anyone can offer. If you would like to get in on creating these, let me know. I would be more than willing to share the roster file for others to work on. Especially if you're able to work on these during the week. I only really have the time on the weekends.

Thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »