Home

Madden 25 (PS3) 2015-2016 Roster Project

This is a discussion on Madden 25 (PS3) 2015-2016 Roster Project within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2016, 09:41 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Madden 25 (PS3) 2015-2016 Roster Project

Just an update to let anyone who is following this know that I am still working on it... I have been updating the first post with my progress every couple of days. Once I finish the contracts for every team, I go back through to update any further transactions and I will put out version 1.0.

I will check the contract situation for teams at that point and teams that are massively over the CAP, I will likely take the top 5 or so highest contracts and adjust them for a 20% reduction to hopefully circumvent that issue.

Still shooting to have this wrapped up for the most part by the end of June. I will continue to update it entering the season also.
Old 06-06-2016, 04:56 PM   #18
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by paarman
Just an update to let anyone who is following this know that I am still working on it... I have been updating the first post with my progress every couple of days. Once I finish the contracts for every team, I go back through to update any further transactions and I will put out version 1.0.

I will check the contract situation for teams at that point and teams that are massively over the CAP, I will likely take the top 5 or so highest contracts and adjust them for a 20% reduction to hopefully circumvent that issue.

Still shooting to have this wrapped up for the most part by the end of June. I will continue to update it entering the season also.
Good to hear from you paarman. Was wondering how things were coming with your roster. Looking forwards to your finished project buddy. It will be interesting to check out the differences between you & Randall's work. Thanks!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 06-14-2016, 12:09 PM   #19
Rookie

Updated first post... I decided to hold off on the release until I fix the issue with contracts... The (absolutely) grueling task of updating nearly 2500 contracts I am finally done with... I tested the roster after and many teams are in the negative 20s and 30 millions in debt. I want to also put this up on the Madden share so I don't want a bunch of people bitching about the contracts haha... I'd rather just have it all manageable from the get-go and go from there. I'm guessing a lot of this could save me time come August when teams make cuts, but I am not going to wait that long... I'll be tied up in watching actual football, doing fantasy, and in all honesty probably purchasing the new Madden... So I'd like to get an initial base roster released this month, and I will make some changes between then and the end of July likely before I call it good.

I don't figure it'll take too long to go through the top 5-10 contracts on each team and reduce them all by 25%. I just did 2 today and I will check them over on my break to make sure everything worked well.. If so, I will continue through the other teams and get them all as close as I can to 0... The Bengals I had to go through 14 top contracts to bring it down from -31.8m to ~5m... As I looked through, there are nearly 20 players that could be cut that would bring them to 10 million over.

Hard to say an ETA on it... I will say give me another week or so and see how long it takes. I did 2 teams, the Bears and the Bengals.. The Bears only needed a couple players to get them under the cap, while the Bengals took 14 to get them *close*... So it'll vary per team but from when I took down each teams debt, most of them were more than 15 mil over the cap. I'll update my first post as I go through.
Old 06-14-2016, 03:52 PM   #20
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

Sounds great paarman. Looking forward to see what your final product looks like buddy. The salary CAP issue with the game causes all kinds of problems.

Just take your time & do the best you can. Hopefully you can get a working & fixed product released by the end of the month. That would be great! Thanks buddy.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Old 06-15-2016, 02:55 PM   #21
Rookie

Okay so the contract adjustment didn't take nearly as long as I thought it would... Or maybe I was just overly motivated. I adjusted at least the top 5 highest contracts of every team by 25%.. The teams that had a larger CAP deficit I did more. As the roster stood, 11 teams were in the green with their CAP... After I did a sim through the preseason, there were 14 teams in the green all done by the CPU. The others were all manageable, meaning they were within 5 million or so and glancing through the players, a person could easily get in the green with some cuts/trades/ect... Only 4 teams were more than 5 million over the CAP, and the highest was 7 million or so... Again, looked easily manageable if you had control, so I will call it good with the contracts for now.

Last thing I am going to do is update the top free agents to reflect their age/years/ect, and I will do the depth charts then put it out for people. I'll try to get done by Friday, but if not, should be early next week.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2016, 05:34 PM   #22
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by paarman
Okay so the contract adjustment didn't take nearly as long as I thought it would... Or maybe I was just overly motivated. I adjusted at least the top 5 highest contracts of every team by 25%.. The teams that had a larger CAP deficit I did more. As the roster stood, 11 teams were in the green with their CAP... After I did a sim through the preseason, there were 14 teams in the green all done by the CPU. The others were all manageable, meaning they were within 5 million or so and glancing through the players, a person could easily get in the green with some cuts/trades/ect... Only 4 teams were more than 5 million over the CAP, and the highest was 7 million or so... Again, looked easily manageable if you had control, so I will call it good with the contracts for now.

Last thing I am going to do is update the top free agents to reflect their age/years/ect, and I will do the depth charts then put it out for people. I'll try to get done by Friday, but if not, should be early next week.
Sounds great. Are you sure you got the CAP thing down to a minimum trouble for the rosters? If so, that's great & looking forward to seeing what you have available here soon. I can wait a few more days. I guess! LOL!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Old 06-16-2016, 02:23 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybologna
Sounds great. Are you sure you got the CAP thing down to a minimum trouble for the rosters? If so, that's great & looking forward to seeing what you have available here soon. I can wait a few more days. I guess! LOL!
When I glanced through all the teams that were over, I popped into salaries and looked at the players who had $0 for penalties and what their contracts were.. Many of them are low rated players with either veteran minimums or higher contracts.. If you go through and cut the players with no loss, you'll hit under the cap. Only issue you might face is you'll have short of a 53 man roster, but compared to money issues it's not too big of deal haha.

The only team that I could see you having to face some hard decisions is the Packers.. They would cut it close to getting below the cap, or you'd have to get rid of some valuable players... Which kind of sucks because I am a Packer fan, so of course they would end up being the toughest to manage haha.

I stayed up late last night and went through and updated most of the free agents who were 75 OVR and higher to reflect their ages and such.. Worked on it a little today. Might import some UDFA into the free agent pool since I cleared about 50 players by removing old players who have retired. I did export them, so they can always be imported back later on, but I figure getting some younger guys mixed into free agency wouldn't be bad... Going through a lot quicker than I thought I would so hoping to feel satisfied enough in the next few days here to post up the roster.
Old 06-16-2016, 06:30 PM   #24
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

Sounds good buddy. Could we possibly be looking at a this coming Sunday release now? Thanks!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »