Home

the problem.......

This is a discussion on the problem....... within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2007, 11:13 AM   #17
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: the problem.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by arichzona
I know where you are coming from but - does Manning throw for 300 every game? nope. But does her rip you apart in one game and appear to not haev ever seen a football the next time you play him.

It is as if EA only watched tapes of Rex Grossman last year and said.......that must be what all the QB's play like.........of this is the case, they did a great job as all the QB's play like him.

Furthermore, at the rate I am going, my secondary (barring injuries) will each be in the HOF because the QB always has this "inconsistent" game you are speaking of - against my team. Each DB is going to break hte recod for season picks, it is only a matter of which one does it first.

Trust me..........I WISH that was like real life.
I started a franchise just to get the feel for the game, get the opening day rosters and set my sliders (and hopefully a TO patch ), then I will start a real franchise. One of my teams I selected was the Pats, but I'm not going to control them but their opponent in every game. Last season Brady threw 12 INTs, Week one he threw 2 against the Jets (it actually was a great game, Jets won a close one) but I wonder how many he throws for the season. I want to set an over/under - does 30 sound about right?
Old 08-24-2007, 11:27 AM   #18
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdgoalie37
I started a franchise just to get the feel for the game, get the opening day rosters and set my sliders (and hopefully a TO patch ), then I will start a real franchise. One of my teams I selected was the Pats, but I'm not going to control them but their opponent in every game. Last season Brady threw 12 INTs, Week one he threw 2 against the Jets (it actually was a great game, Jets won a close one) but I wonder how many he throws for the season. I want to set an over/under - does 30 sound about right?
You know....that is a very interesting experiment you've come up with. You have to figure that he will rip up the opposition for maybe four games so..... barring injury I think 30 is a pretty good +/-. What difficulty - that will affect it also.

If we all were betting I would be scared to put money on that line. Could be 10, could be over 40.

Please post the results when you finish this up.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:36 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 32

The game is broken. It is EA move to patch the game. I was hoping for a work around but I don't see this happening.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:37 AM   #20
Banned

arichzona's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
The game is broken. It is EA move to patch the game. I was hoping for a work around but I don't see this happening.
I am hopeful for a patch too.........I really want to love this game.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:56 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
I am hopeful for a patch too.........I really want to love this game.

The sad thing there is a great game there but the game needed to stay inside the oven longer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2007, 04:58 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 8

I'm all for a patch too as long as the games still vary from game to game. And as long as there still will be fumbles.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:56 PM   #23
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
You know....that is a very interesting experiment you've come up with. You have to figure that he will rip up the opposition for maybe four games so..... barring injury I think 30 is a pretty good +/-. What difficulty - that will affect it also.

If we all were betting I would be scared to put money on that line. Could be 10, could be over 40.

Please post the results when you finish this up.
I'm playing on Pro, 7 minute quarters. I'm using abcd's sliders with slightly higher D AWR and Knockdowns because my games have been all offense. I just made this change and the game felt a bit better. Previously I felt that it's really hard to get off the field and the lack of punts is a serious issue for this game.
I have always played on the All Pro level and I consider myself a decent player but the defensive backs warping around the field on All Pro turned me off. I may try out heelfans All Pro sliders eventually.

Anyway, just played week 2 and Brady threw for 360 yards, 3 TDs and just 1 pick. I think Maroney had just 9 carries and they never tried to establish the run. Stallworth and Moss both fumbled once so the Pats had 3 TOs total. They play the Chargers week 2 (shutter, I think the first time I've controlled the Bolts - if they play Denver I won't be playing that game) and I won the game 30-27. Actually it was a pretty fun game, back and forth. I will update Brady's totals but so far 2 games, 3 picks.
Old 08-25-2007, 02:24 AM   #24
Banned

arichzona's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdgoalie37
I'm playing on Pro, 7 minute quarters. I'm using abcd's sliders with slightly higher D AWR and Knockdowns because my games have been all offense. I just made this change and the game felt a bit better. Previously I felt that it's really hard to get off the field and the lack of punts is a serious issue for this game.
I have always played on the All Pro level and I consider myself a decent player but the defensive backs warping around the field on All Pro turned me off. I may try out heelfans All Pro sliders eventually.

Anyway, just played week 2 and Brady threw for 360 yards, 3 TDs and just 1 pick. I think Maroney had just 9 carries and they never tried to establish the run. Stallworth and Moss both fumbled once so the Pats had 3 TOs total. They play the Chargers week 2 (shutter, I think the first time I've controlled the Bolts - if they play Denver I won't be playing that game) and I won the game 30-27. Actually it was a pretty fun game, back and forth. I will update Brady's totals but so far 2 games, 3 picks.
I am happy that you are currently having luck. I have had those games also and they are a lot of fun - you think "these sliders are the solution" then all hell breaks loose. I still want to see what happens at the seasons end.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »