Home

***Tomba321's Madden 08 Slider Set***(PRO)

This is a discussion on ***Tomba321's Madden 08 Slider Set***(PRO) within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2007, 11:18 PM   #9
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: ***Tomba321's Madden 08 Slider Set***(PRO)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
Falcons (me) 30 vs. Saints (cpu) 10

Very fun game. Some quick notes.

-Brees tore me up. It felt realistic though. He did throw 2 picks but it came at the end of the game when they were down and both were ligit. I had 0 picks.

-Running was to easy for me. Lots of broken tackles. Maybe upping the cpu tak slider will help. There running game was below avg. Only 1 fumble all game. That was cool.

Other then that by far the best game i've played so far. Will play more and give feed back.

Looking forward to NCAA Patch.
And there's your proof. the falcons won about 3 games like this last year.
I'm just happy you're seeing what i'm seeing. the game starts to be more realistic and nicely paced... I just don't have the special teams thing down right and as far as penalties and subbing either...

The ONLY problem with adjusting the cpu tackling is that it WILL reslt in bigger hits and possibly bring back the fumbles.

I do suggest however running the ball this way against the cpu:

1)DO NOT USE the Sprint button AT ALL on an inside run. Period.
2)DO NOT USE the Spint button after a catch until free of a defender.
3)Do not use the sprint button outright on a kickoff/punt return until free.

and ...4) Try to Juke more and avoid spinning around coverage

These are tips ONLY and not meant to be taken as an attempt at un-fun less cheese. just wanna make it more accurate as much as it allows it self to be
Old 08-27-2007, 09:47 AM   #10
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11
Thumbs up Re: ***Tomba321's Madden 08 Slider Set***(PRO)

I upped the cpu rb ability by 10 and i really like the feel. They are getting good ypc.

However, I tired lowering the human rb ability (all the way to 40) and while I could still run pretty easy it didn't have the same fluid feel.

The main problem is that I using highlightstick alot and this leads to to many broken tackles.
I was thinking the same thing about the sprint button. Its a little over done. Same with highlightstick. Think i'm gonna take your advice on using the sprint button and try to use the junks instead of the highlightstick.

Thanks again for posting these because, for me at least, the are pretty close to perfect. Finally having fun with Madden.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:10 AM   #11
Rookie

croc500's Arena

OVR: 5

Hmmmm.... I think I Might try these myself, but can you post what you are using for penalties and sub sliders?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2007, 10:13 AM   #12
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
I upped the cpu rb ability by 10 and i really like the feel. They are getting good ypc.

However, I tired lowering the human rb ability (all the way to 40) and while I could still run pretty easy it didn't have the same fluid feel.

The main problem is that I using highlightstick alot and this leads to to many broken tackles.
I was thinking the same thing about the sprint button. Its a little over done. Same with highlightstick. Think i'm gonna take your advice on using the sprint button and try to use the junks instead of the highlightstick.

Thanks again for posting these because, for me at least, the are pretty close to perfect. Finally having fun with Madden.

Cool. If i can help just one person that would have traded in this great version of madden then mission accomplished

Your findings for cpu running baility could be warranted but play against somebody like Fred taylor with the set posted and you'll be hurtin LOL
Old 08-27-2007, 10:14 AM   #13
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by croc500
Hmmmm.... I think I Might try these myself, but can you post what you are using for penalties and sub sliders?
these are at default for me right now. i will ost the addition of the subs and everything else soon...
Old 08-27-2007, 01:05 PM   #14
Rookie

racoon007's Arena

OVR: 2

Tried your sliders and I must say that I do not get it. I am by no means an advanced madden gamer but after playing three games with these my rb/s are avg around 7-8 yrds per carry. One of the games was against the Ravens!!!!!
Old 08-27-2007, 02:32 PM   #15
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by racoon007
Tried your sliders and I must say that I do not get it. I am by no means an advanced madden gamer but after playing three games with these my rb/s are avg around 7-8 yrds per carry. One of the games was against the Ravens!!!!!

Like I posted earlier for someone

These are tips ONLY and not meant to be taken as an attempt at un-fun less cheese. just wanna make it more accurate as much as it allows it self to be
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2007, 10:26 PM   #16
Rookie

racoon007's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba321
Like I posted earlier for someone

Trust me I have been doing this since '05. Warrick Dunn ran for 266 yards against the Ravens defense and he was pulled in the middle of the 4th quarter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »