Home

CPU v CPU sliders

This is a discussion on CPU v CPU sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2009, 10:36 AM   #33
Pro

johnriii's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: CPU v CPU sliders

I ran a game last night, and on the default settings, seemed to play pretty well, though I think the penalties need to be tweaked (not enough), and the offense seems to be way too strong (75 points for the bears/bills). I will run another at default..that could've been the result of either two mediocre defenses. with 10 minutes quarters, Trent Edwards in the 1st half was 17-21 for 315 yards, and Jay Cutler was 11-15 for 210 yards. BTW, on default, for the whole game, there were 5 picks, 4 by buffalo, including a pick six.
Old 08-15-2009, 12:19 PM   #34
Pro

kwpit79's Arena

OVR: 8

This is probably a really stupid question, but I'm gonna ask it anyway

When messing with the sliders for CPU vs. CPU games, are they split up human skill and cpu skill? If so, which team represents the human skill slider, the home team?
Old 08-15-2009, 01:20 PM   #35
Pro

johnriii's Arena

what time settings per quarters are you guys using? 10 seems way too long, since cpu vs cpu games run like a two minute offense all of the time. I'm running a game right now, and the plays are running like every 12 seconds...just wondering.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2009, 01:26 PM   #36
MVP

Ninjoid's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwpit79
This is probably a really stupid question, but I'm gonna ask it anyway

When messing with the sliders for CPU vs. CPU games, are they split up human skill and cpu skill? If so, which team represents the human skill slider, the home team?
I'm adjusting the CPU skill, however, I am also mirroring this with the player skill within custom, just in case.
Old 08-15-2009, 01:29 PM   #37
MVP

Ninjoid's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnriii
what time settings per quarters are you guys using? 10 seems way too long, since cpu vs cpu games run like a two minute offense all of the time. I'm running a game right now, and the plays are running like every 12 seconds...just wondering.
I'm running with 12min qtrs and 15 sec accelerated clock...still seeing way too many picks for my liking though, even with ints at 0.

I'm adjusting the QB accuracy up (at around 60) and the Pass Def reaction at around 45..I'm still testing and tweaking...nothing much else to report. Might get some base ones out by tomorrow night, if I'm happy with them, I've not got much time this w/e and then I'm back to work on Monday :-(
Old 08-15-2009, 03:50 PM   #38
Pro

johnriii's Arena

just finished a full regular season game, 10 min with 15 sec accelerated clock, and it played out pretty realistically. Bears 30 vs packers 24 in OT. here are some stats that I thought looked pretty solid, with very minor tweaks (RB 55, DEF REACTION 55, OFFENSIVE HOLDING 52)
a. rodgers 36-52 408 yards 3tds 4ints
J. Cutler 19-30 287 yards 3tds 1int
R. Grant 15-60yards 1 fumble
M. Forte 30-107 1 td

for the most part, that's not bad...funny thing though, I simmed through the preseason, and when the regular season had started, my bears had signed Marvin Harrison...who caught the winning TD pass in overtime...LOL. I believe Ints are a bit too high, but for as many times as rodgers went back to pass, I'm not sure it's too much, plus the packers played catch up the whole game, as the halftime score was 24-7 bears. I will run the next game with no adjustments to see what happens
Old 08-15-2009, 04:46 PM   #39
Pro

johnriii's Arena

Steelers 34 Bears 18

Roethlisberger 24-32 300 yards 3tds 1int
Cutler 19-35 256 yards 1td 0 int
W. Parker 21-73yards 1 td 44yard td run
M. Forte 12-50 yards 1 35 yard TD run
Santonio Holmes 5 rec 80 yards
L. Sweed 5 rec 65 yards 1 td
H. Ward 5 rec 80 yards 1 td
D. clark (bears) 7 rec 93yards

total offense Bears: 294 yards Steelers 426

not bad, not sure what needs to be adjusted. there have been zero pass interference calls, so that may need to be tweeked, and there doesn't seem to be enough sacks...I've had a total of 5 in two games, though there have been a lot of hurries. that's it for me today, gotta go to work....
Old 08-15-2009, 05:45 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 12

You guys want to do an online cpu vs cpu franchise league?

I'm in if we can put it together.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »