Home

Playmaker Sliders ?

This is a discussion on Playmaker Sliders ? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2009, 11:36 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Playmaker Sliders ?

i've loved playmaker's sliders the last few years. the varsity sliders on NCAA are amazing.

that said, I know this game hasn't been out long but i've been messing around with the sliders and I think there is a ton of work to be done. The only thing im worried about is that the passing game isn't fixable using sliders. They may need to patch them like NCAA did. it's nearly impossible to stop humans from passing up and down the field on short routes, reminds me of NCAA 09. i went into practice mode, cranked their INT and Reaction sliders to 100, QB acc at 15 and WR catch on 45, and still underneath routes are open just about every play in man to man D. I was using created teams on both sides of the ball with every player rated 85. Speed is a killer in this game. an 85 rated CB with 88 speed can't cover an 84 rated WR with 95 speed on a slant.. at least not with any sliders i've tried.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2009, 11:51 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

I will open a new thread after this last game for tonight.

I'll post my updates in the new thread and they will be included in the Base set I post in that thread. I already mentioned a few changes.

As for the passes in the flat that was pointed out. I'll have to see if playing on Fast Speed can remedy that situation.

If the Original thread starter can ask the mods to close this spread it'll be appreciated. That will cut down on the confusion when I open up the actual slider thread for myself.

Thanks!

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 08-16-2009, 11:54 PM   #43
Rookie

deagledan's Arena

OVR: 7

sweet, can't wait.

thanks for all your efforts.

Old 08-17-2009, 12:12 AM   #44
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Cool man, looking forward to your findings.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:20 AM   #45
Robot

thaima1shu's Arena

OVR: 21

Played a game with Normal with 35 speed threshold. 15 minutes, 25 seconds accelerated clock.

It was 27-23, but Julius Jones ran for a touchdown with about 15 seconds to go as I was trying to run out the clock. Whoops.

Overall, I thought these were pretty good. Tough, though.

Seahawks (me) 34 @ Packers 23

Total Offense - 380 - 294
Rushing - 35/148 - 18/70
Passing - 21/42 - 18/31
Passing Yards - 232 - 224
First Downs - 19 - 11
Turnovers - 0 - 4 (all fumbles)
Penalties - 5-65 - 1-15
Sacks - 5 - 0
TOP - 37:46 - 22:14

At Lambeau Field, heavy snow (wanted to get that trophy while testing )

Lots of fumbles by GB, all recovered by the Seahawks. Attributed to the snow, perhaps?

5 sacks by me, 4 with Darryl Tapp. 3 of them were from me just using the right stick, getting to the outside, then when I got within range of the QB, I dove at him to not let him get the pass off. Saw that idea in another thread around here, can't remember where. It looks ugly as hell, but I'll take the sacks over the nice looking animations. May be on to something here.

Passing was tough. Lots of inaccurate passes from Hasselbeck. Everytime I threw a slant route, I had no idea whether it would go wide or not. Scary!

Overall, I like it. Playmaker makes the best sliders -- can't wait for more!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 01:53 AM   #46
Rookie

daniel80111's Arena

OVR: 5

These sliders played pretty well, but passing was super hard. I feel like my qb missed a ton of throws. Also the running seemed a bit too easy for the computer, but I'll try them out a few more times.
Old 08-17-2009, 02:00 AM   #47
Glory to the Brave!

Guffers's Arena

OVR: 16

Knowing that your making sliders Playmaker has eased my mind regarding this game. I'm having very little fun with it on MySkill at the moment. I'm winning a reasonable amount, but I'm beyond frustrated with the lack of user pass rush. I was in this situation with NCAA a few weeks back and then your varsity sliders saved my whiny butt.

I look forward to loading these up later when I get some free time. So thank you again for all of your work. I almost feel like EA should be paying you, because you save these games for so many frustrated gamers.
Old 08-17-2009, 02:47 AM   #48
Pro

skow05's Arena

OVR: 9

I thought I'd post some stats from a game I just played using Playmakers sliders....I didn't see that he started his own thread, so I felt this was the place to put them.

Dallas(Me)/Broncos(CPU)

Score: 48/38
Rushing Yards: 202/110
Passing Yards: 300/280
1st Downs: 20/19
Turnovers: 3/3 *1 int, 5 fumbles
Penalties: 8-85/6-70

Passing:
Tony Romo: 19-30, 272 yds, 3tds
Jon Kitna: 2-2, 25 yds, 1td
Kyle Orton: 28-46, 294yds, 2 tds, 1int

Rushing:
Felix Jones: 19att-138yds, 7.2ypc, 2td *2 runs over 20 yds, 1 was 62 yds
Tashard Choice: 15att-56yds, 3.7ypc
Knowshon Moreno: 21att-101yds, 4.8ypc
Correll Buckhalter: 4att-8yds, 2.0ypc, 1td
Peyton Hillis: 1att-1yd, 1td

Receiving:
Jason Witten: 5 catches-47yds, 3tds
Miles Austin: 4 catches-83yds, 1td
Roy Williams: 3catches-52yds
Patrick Crayton: 3catches-41yds
Jabar Gaffney: 9catches-88yds
Brandon Marshall: 8catches-114yds, 1td

5 total pancakes for the game
3 total sacks for the game *would like to see more, but it was only one game

Overall I liked the speed (Normal-35 threshold), it played very well. I have been playing on very slow with the threshold at 100 and I was seeing a lot of sacks there. It seems that with the faster rate the WR's run at that the QB gets rid of the ball quicker due to them hitting their routes at a faster pace.

I really liked the passing game on this speed, on very slow the ball would move too slowly and allow the defense to break on it too quickly, resulting in a lot of bat downs. This speed combined with the accuracy made it rely more on the ratings as to whether the QB was going to hit his spot and the WR was going to make the catch. There were a lot of poorly thrown balls by both teams which was nice to see, and every incompletion didn't come by way of bat down or dropped int like I was seeing before.

Running the ball was a treat, I was barely at 3ypc then Felix broke a 62 yd td, and it was easier to run past that point. I don't know whether it was me gaining more confidence or the CPU's defense growing tired as the game grew on, but I liked it regardless.

I'd like to see the CPU throw a little less often, especially with Orton at the helms. I could be wrong but I don't think they're going to throw the ball 46 times, that'd be a little high even if Cutler was still there.

I played on 15mins with a 20 second runoff, so I might bring that down to 14mins to lessen the CPU pass attempts, plus there were like 140 plays ran, and I think the average is between 120-130.

Overall I liked them a lot, I'd just like to see a little more pass rush on both sides of the ball, but that could come as I play more games. Good job Playmaker!

Cowboys

Knicks
PSN - Skow

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »