Home

CLAYSTONE Cpu vs Cpu / Coaches Mode

This is a discussion on CLAYSTONE Cpu vs Cpu / Coaches Mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2009, 11:14 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: CLAYSTONE Cpu vs Cpu / Coaches Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Mallow
So...let me understand this:

Ideal "coach mode" sliders are simply the All-Pro settings?

Perhaps I missed something.
All-Pro is ideal coach mode sliders. Ian had stated that the players actually play closest to their ratings if you set the difficulty to All-Pro as ell as putting the CPU sliders to 50 across the board.

I have had some great games in coach mode with those settings.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:35 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva71
All-Pro is ideal coach mode sliders. Ian had stated that the players actually play closest to their ratings if you set the difficulty to All-Pro as ell as putting the CPU sliders to 50 across the board.

I'll give them a try tonight. I've been playing coach mode on All-Madden and can't get the running game started and can't stop the other guy's passing game.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:38 AM   #35
Rookie

Manning18's Arena

OVR: 3
Icon14 Re: CLAYSTONE Cpu vs Cpu / Coaches Mode

Quote:

What game speed are you running your coach mode games on? Also are you using default penalty sliders? Thanks so much for your help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 12:04 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Mallow
So...let me understand this:

Ideal "coach mode" sliders are simply the All-Pro settings?

Perhaps I missed something.

It seems that way to get the best balance for both teams. If you play on PRO, you give your team an advantage.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:05 PM   #37
Sitting by the door

Dice's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by claystone
With my "Final Sliders" on page 1, i was able to get 4 sacks total with DE. It seems playing on PRO for cpu vs cpu allows for more pressure...weird. I think the AI doesn't give a boost to the o-line like it does in All-Pro / All-Madden.

I should have posted my game stats last night but i was tried from testing all day yesterday. I'll do my franchise stats starting tonight with these sliders.
So setting the player skill have an effect on CPU vs CPU games? That's weird.

So for coach mode, are you playing with PRO or are you zeroing out the sliders for player skill? Sorry if this has been asked before but I just want to clarify.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:08 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dice
So setting the player skill have an effect on CPU vs CPU games? That's weird.

So for coach mode, are you playing with PRO or are you zeroing out the sliders for player skill? Sorry if this has been asked before but I just want to clarify.

If playing coaches mode you want to use all-pro with default sliders and speed at Normal/slow. It gives the best balance for "Coaches Mode".

Since i'm playing with CPU vs CPU setting everything at "0" makes both teams even, with no boost whatsoever. Also playing on PRO for CPU vs CPU gives more pressure on the QB.

I've played all settings and found PRO on Slow speed gave me the best pressure and sacks during CPU vs CPU games.

Last edited by claystone; 08-17-2009 at 12:11 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 01:34 PM   #39
MVP

Azamien's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:

I agree with this, although I have been slightly tweaking run blocking and pass rushing for both sides. But overall the results using coach mode with All-Pro are really good.
Old 08-17-2009, 01:48 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 15

Sorry for responding late to some of you guys. I was getting owned by Miami in a coach mode game. Ronnie Brown tearing me up, as well as Joey Porter and Jason Taylor making my running game go KAPUT. LOL.

Anyways here are my settings.

15 min quarters - 25 sec runoff
NORMAL speed
20 speed threshold
Player Difficulty: All-Pro
CPU Sliders: Set them at DEFAULT (50 across the board)
Fatigue: 60
Injuries: 58

Penalty Sliders: ALL at 100 except Holding at 52, Facemask at 60, and Clipping at 57.

I am getting around 120 plays combined from both teams per game. Some games it's 124ish but overall it's good. My scores have been low to midrange. I had one game where I beat the Browns 41-17, but they absolutely suck. Sorry Browns fans.

Games are pretty realistic for me. I get 1-2 injuries every 3 games or so. Most are minor, some midrange in time. Haven't seen a out for season injury yet in 3 seasons for me. I play as Skins btw.

Going out to eat ..be back soon and I'll answer more questions if needed fellas.

Edit: Remember, the only time you touch the controller is to call a play, hike the ball, or do any kicking/punting. Otherwise after you hike the ball ..put the controller down and watch.

Last edited by joejccva71; 08-17-2009 at 01:55 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »