Home

DB'S Stat Accurate Sliders (Slow game Speed)

This is a discussion on DB'S Stat Accurate Sliders (Slow game Speed) within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2009, 01:49 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: DB'S Stat Accurate Sliders (Slow game Speed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jase7430
Thanks, these look pretty good. I'll give them a try later and let you know how it turned out.
Do so, let me know how it goes, and post some stats if possible...This btw, is a continuation thread from the older one where most of the earlier testing took place, I had it closed as this is phase two

Further reading from that thread found here
Old 08-17-2009, 03:39 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

These look very good. I play with the same quarter settings, and speed, so I may give these a go eventually. I still am having fun with MySkill, so I am afraid to start adjusting everything.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:26 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 26

DrewBledsoe,
Please quit your job, dump your GF, stop eating, give up sleep, set up a geek leak....and finish your slider set. Haha. I have my faith in you

So far so good on the sliders. I'll post more stats tonight after work.

And don't forget to eventually tweak the penalties, special teams, and autosubs/fatigue settings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 05:24 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

Just tried these out in my first franchise game. It was a very entertaining and realistic game. I don't have all the stats but here's what I recall...

Bills 13- Patriots 31 (me)

Brady: 20-34 251 YDS 2 TDS
Edwards: (don't remember completions) 264 YDS 1 TD 2 INT

Rushing wise I shut Lynch down. He had about 60 YDS if I remember correctly on about 17 rushes. Pretty realistic; the Pats have a fairly strong rush defense.

Terrell Owens caught 3 or 4 balls and Lee Evans torched me for over 100 YDS and a TD.

On defense, I recovered two fumbles. Ty Warren led my team in tackles with 7 and a sack, which was nice to see someone other then a CB/S lead the team in tackles. I forget the defensive stats for the Bills.

Overall the game played very well. I'm definitely going to stick with these sliders and I'll be sure to post the next game stats when I play the Jets. Should be a more competitive game.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:34 PM   #13
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbz06
DrewBledsoe,
Please quit your job, dump your GF, stop eating, give up sleep, set up a geek leak....and finish your slider set. Haha. I have my faith in you

So far so good on the sliders. I'll post more stats tonight after work.

And don't forget to eventually tweak the penalties, special teams, and autosubs/fatigue settings
Well I'm sleeping every other day at present it seems, so that's a start They are getting quite close. I forgot to add, that something I've discovered that has been in every Madden as long as I can remember is still in there. I call it the "EA's variety slider".
Here's how it works (from experience):

Every now and then, as you start a game, the "EVS" kicks in. It decides for that particular game, it is going to increase various attributes, often dramatically. For instance, it may increase all run blocking and RB general ability. It may increase all pass rushing, etc, etc.

This can GREATLY effect game results, If it wasn't there, most games would be very similar with the same two teams. Today I played The Giants 5 straight, with the Jets. In 4 of the games, my Rushing attack was very average, and I had similar stats. But in one game, from the very outset, I could see the difference. It wasn't me calling better plays, or the ai calling bad plays, my OLine basicaly blocked much better and Jones was breaking tackles all over the place, seemingly always getting to fall forwards and get an extra yard at the end of the play. I was running the same way, against the same Defence, but instead of 17/60, or 17/55 , I got 25/130, without any breakaway runs.

Anyways, the point being, that these games crop up quite often, and can really produce stat anomalies. But the built in EVS is necessary, otherwise there wouldn't be enough variety in games. So this is part of the reason, I try to not make sliders too extreme in any category, otherwise when the EVS kicks in, it can flip a category "over the edge", and you get some mad results, like 300 yd untouchable rushers.

My last game of the day was vs Atlanta. I opened with a 60yd Run by Jones (he got caught on the 10), and then I scored next play. Immediately Turner broke a run for a 75yd TD (partly a bad play call from me). I then went on a 19 play 82 yd TD drive using the rest of the quarter. Atlanta then had to punt, after a sack and two INC. I scored again using masses of clock. Turner then broke a 5 man gang tackle and ran for a 82yd TD.(grrr.).

To cut a long story short, a while before then, I realised that the EVS had massively improved both Run Block and RB ability for that game. So my idea was just to score using as much time as possible the whole game, then put 9 men in the box, and challenge Atlanta to throw. It worked. Despite his two massive runs, Turner finished with 17/198 (ha no 200 yds for you, I didn't let them have the ball for enough carries), Jones 30/166. The ai really did try and adapt, and started first putting 8 in the box, then all out blitzing, but I was just audibling to quick passes when I saw it coming.

So the lesson is, don't base sliders on these games, but remember they exist, and go a huge way to boosting season stats.

Long tired ramble, no more games today need a break
Old 08-17-2009, 05:37 PM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by takerbob614
Just tried these out in my first franchise game. It was a very entertaining and realistic game. I don't have all the stats but here's what I recall...

Bills 13- Patriots 31 (me)

Brady: 20-34 251 YDS 2 TDS
Edwards: (don't remember completions) 264 YDS 1 TD 2 INT

Rushing wise I shut Lynch down. He had about 60 YDS if I remember correctly on about 17 rushes. Pretty realistic; the Pats have a fairly strong rush defense.

Terrell Owens caught 3 or 4 balls and Lee Evans torched me for over 100 YDS and a TD.

On defense, I recovered two fumbles. Ty Warren led my team in tackles with 7 and a sack, which was nice to see someone other then a CB/S lead the team in tackles. I forget the defensive stats for the Bills.

Overall the game played very well. I'm definitely going to stick with these sliders and I'll be sure to post the next game stats when I play the Jets. Should be a more competitive game.
Good stuff, thanks for info. The Bills Oline is pretty poor overall too. Hope you lose to the Jets of course
Old 08-17-2009, 06:29 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

i tried these out with the ravens against texans. i won 50-20 being the ravens. had 40:30 top was 26/40 with flacco for 341 yds 4 td and 0 int. went 17-84 with rice and 15-44 with mcgahee. heap had 9 catches for 113 yds and 1 td.

the texans had schaub go 20/36 for 294 yds, 2td and 2 int. slaton was 13-22yds and 1 td. johnson burnt me for 7 catches and 150 yds with a td. i had a int return for a td and a punt return for a td as well.

i then tried playing as the lions against the bengals for a half and cincy was up 14-3 as i couldnt get anything going really for the lions. i will keep trying diff teams out though
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 06:51 PM   #16
MVP

cam21224's Arena

OVR: 12

Drew as promise I am currently playing a game with the sliders.

I'm at half-time so I will post the first half stats and then post the end game stats after the I finish the game.

Let me start off by saying first, I guess it's just a fluke or w/e it is but I have 6 sacks (Colts) to the Redskins(1). That aint the end either as Mathis has 5 of those sacks (only 1 of them came from me controlling him.)

The game so far has been all about defense.

Jason Campbell came out hot, throwing darts all over the field for 5 completions in a row(loved it). We cooled him off once they got close to field goal range, and they had to settle for a field goal.

I came out cold went 3 & out, and punted the ball. On defense I am controlling my boy Dwight Freeney, I get pressure on Campbell, I dive at him, and he steps up in the pocket, off his back foot he forces a pass that is intercepted and taken to the house by Marlin Jackson 59 yds.

First quarter ends 7-3(as we both continue to force each other to punt.)

Second quarter mainly still consist of defense. I start out with the ball and go 3 and out(loving the defense). Im on d now, the Redskins hand the ball off to Clinton Portis(my defense is all set up to stop the run to the left but their run went to the right side of the field, leaving only 3 defenders to attempt to tackle him(Brackett, Bob Sanders, and Kelvin Hayden).

Hayden gets block, now it's up to Brackett and Sanders. I now take control over Sanders as Clinton Portis is approching picking up 10 yrds for the first, boom he picks up about 8 yds until I come and hit stick the hell out of him forcing him to fumble. Brackett scoops the fumble off the ground and takes it to the house for a 11 yd touchdown. Score is now 14-3.

Redskins keep forcing the run on their next drive(at that point I was stuffing the run). They picked up on it and started passing(Devin Thomas being the main man on their drive), they also noticed Portis was getting little to nothing on the ground and hit him for a 23 yd screen pass.

Same drive(they have me on my heels and now start to run the ball finally picking up good yards.) Right after about 2 straight runs, they hit me with a play action pass, Campbell to Cooley for a 21 yd touchdown pass.

I get the ball, start off with a run pick up about 3 yds with Addai, next play I call a pass. They pressured me and I threw a ball I shouldn't have and got picked off by Andre Carter who took it to the house for a 15 yd interception touchdown. Score is now 14-17 Redskins up.

I march the ball down the field with 2 minutes left trying to get a touchdown, I get between field goal range. I need to pick up the first to be able to continue trying to get a touchdown, I get sacked and I'm forced to kick the field goal (it's good Vinatieri 39yd fg to end the half.)

Half-time

Redskins(Cpu) / Colts(Me)

Score

17-17

Passing

Campbell - Rating 57.1 Comp 14 Att 25 yds 170 Comp%56 Td 1 Int 2

Manning 26.4 comp 7 att 19 yds 71 comp% 36 Td 0 Int 1

Rushing

Portis 10 Att 15 yds avg 1.5 td 0 fumbles 1 Brk tackles 1 longest run 8 yds

Betss 1 att 3 yds avg 3.0 td 0

Addai 12 att 30 yds 2.5 avg td 0 fumbles 2 brk tackles 2 longest run 9 yds

Receiving

Thomas 6 rec 84 yds 14.0 avg td o
Moss 4 rec 27 yds 6.7 avg td 0
Portis 2 rec 24 yds 12.0 avg td 0
Randle EL 1 rec 14 yds 14.0 avg td 0
Cooley 1 red 21 yds Td 1

Colts

Wayne 3 rec 19 yds 6.3 avg td 0
Garcon 2 rec 25 yds 12.5 avg td 0
Clark 1 rec 7 yds 7.0 avg td 0
Addai 1 red 20 yds 20.0 avg td o

sacks

Redskins

Cornelius Griffin 1

Colts

Mathis 5

Ed Johnson 1

Pancakes

Redskins(1) Colts(2)

Drew I think I found out why Mathis went beast mode in the first half.

Do me a quick favor check RT on Redskins # 74 Stephon Heyer attributes and overall( I looked under blocking and he indeed allowed them 5 sacks)

Last edited by cam21224; 08-17-2009 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Found my reason

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »