Home

The famous Versuz2 sliders (along with some speed threshold theory)

This is a discussion on The famous Versuz2 sliders (along with some speed threshold theory) within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2010, 07:35 PM   #161
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: The famous Versuz2 sliders (along with some speed threshold theory)

Quote:
Originally Posted by packmanuk-12
So has nobody tried these ? I know the numbers look out but they could play well.

Holy smokes! They're amazing, you should also check his youtube vids out.

I cannot describe how much fun I'm having atm!

Corners play realistically and don't clone each others movement!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2010, 08:33 AM   #162
Rookie

OVR: 2

Played another game with these.

Packers (me) 34 v Cards 31

Great game and after setting speed thresh to 0 it becomes much better.

I rushed for about 110 at 4 yards a rush. Passed for 300 yards, 3 td's but 3 int's. Completed 75% and the cpu completed 65% for 200 yards. They didn't rush much but when they did they got good yardage.

I even got 3 sacks and 1 int.

I wish some others would ignore the numbers and give these a chance.
Old 01-06-2010, 01:42 PM   #163
MVP

OVR: 6

i tried these out and i thought they were very good. the only problem i had was the computer was breaking all types of tackles. i will probably just adjust them a little. i was hitting benson with lb's and safeties and he was trucking all game. i rushed for almost 200 yards in one game. i was houston. but the game was competitive and fun.
Old 01-07-2010, 01:21 AM   #164
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by packmanuk-12
His new sliders are out. I've listed them below for anyone who wants to try. They look very different -

User/CPU

Pass Accuracy: 100/100
Pass Blocking:20/90
WR Catching:90/95
Broken Tackles:40/100
Run Blocking:100/100
Fumbles:60/60
Pass Defense Reaction Time:30/95
Interceptions:100/100
Pass Rush:50/100
Run Defense Reaction Time:50/85
Block Shedding:70/75
Tackling:50/85

I played a half and they seemed a bit too offensive. I did play as the Packers vs the Seahawks so I should be able to move the ball well. In the first half Grant was over 100 yards though.

The Seahawks returned a kickoff for a td and almost another. I had a big return but a holding penalty brought it back. I also hit an 80 yard bomb.

I got pressure and a couple of sacks by my dl. I also liked the blocking when I ran the ball. My only problem was the ease of running the ball.

I'd be interested to see what others thought.
Hey I just got this game today and I am wanting to try these sliders out.

Could someone post the Game Options and the penalties if they're any different than the default settings? It might be somewhere previously in this topic but it would be much appreciated if someone could post them.
Old 01-07-2010, 02:33 PM   #165
Rookie

I tried out these sliders, and at least in my experience, I did not find them realistic at all. At best I am an average Madden player, and with these settings I blew out the Saints 62-21, with the Detroit Lions lol. Stafford had 5 tds and 400 yards. Take it from a Lions fan, that is not realistic. I usually play on all madden, and in my second year in a franchise with the Lions I went 16 and 0 and won it all. Each game was maddening and close, and if it wasn't for kick returns I would have lost a bunch. That said, All Madden is not realistic. I can't get a pass rush at all, even in my fourth year with a good D line. Even if I do get a rush, the qb gets rid of it and the wr are usually wide open. Again, this is my fourth year and my D is really good, no one under 85 rating and I still get torn apart. Seems to me All Madden with a realistic pass rush is the way to go. That being said I enjoyed passing on the Pro and CPU 100 settings, I could actually hit other routes other than posts and flats, but it was simply too easy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2010, 03:52 PM   #166
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealDetroit
That being said I enjoyed passing on the Pro and CPU 100 settings, I could actually hit other routes other than posts and flats, but it was simply too easy.
You should give the new version of his sliders a shot. It's still too easy but better than just pro with cpu at 100.

I've used the new ones in the first 3 weeks of the season, and so far i'm beating teams like 55-10.

I like that versuz approaches his set from the standpoint of wanting to prevent the ai from cheating/doing unrealistic things, but unfortunately it also makes the game too easy.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:17 PM   #167
Rookie

Yeah when I posted I didnt realize he had new sliders out lol, I'll try them out. I totally agree though, cpu is ridiculous on All Madden, you literally cannot stay in the pocket and wait for deep routes to develop, of course I do pay with the Lions so maybe that's my problem. I found the first set of sliders way more realistic, but like you said, it becomes too easy. I'm going to try and do all 15's on custom, so it's essentially All Madden mode, but I'm going to drop down cpu pass protect, boost human pass protect and human pass rush. I know other people have versions of this out there and they're ok, but I think theyre geared toward fast gameplay, whereas I enjoy the slow setting.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:33 PM   #168
Rookie

OVR: 2

The new sliders posted above are very realistic but a bit easy. However if you drop human passing to 50 and human catch to 50 as well they become much tougher.

Its also best to play these on zero threshold at normal speed.

I find the cpu can run well on me and pas as well but is stoppable. Everyone should try these out and not just look at the settings and decide they don't work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »