Home

The famous Versuz2 sliders (along with some speed threshold theory)

This is a discussion on The famous Versuz2 sliders (along with some speed threshold theory) within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2009, 09:28 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: The famous Versuz2 sliders (along with some speed threshold theory)

Well I just finished playing my first game with these sliders. I was playing 12 min. quarters with 15 sec. run off and on slow speed with 75 threshold.

I was the 49ers vs. Falcons. It was a good game as the final score was 49ers 23 Falcons 17.

Shaun Hill was 20-26 for 228 yards 2 tds and 0 picks. As the poster stated above it's pretty easy to pass, but I also had to look for TEs and RBs in order to finish with such a high completion %.

Matt Ryan was 21-31 for 270 yards with 1 td and 1 int. I thought this was very realistic. The only thing I was disappointed with is he threw to Tony Gonzalez a grand total of 1 time for 9 yards

As for Rushing Frank Gore had 20 carries for 120 yards 0 td. Rushing was a bitch to be honest. The only reason I ended up with good stats was because I broke 1 run for 73 yards otherwise I was terrible.

Michael Turner had 19 carries for 89 yards and 1 td. Again very nice. He would have had more carries if Falcons weren't playing from behind.

The leading receiver in the game was Chandler Williams (CPU). Don't even know who that is, but he had 7 catches for 106 yards.

My leading receiver was Gore with 5 catches and 40 yards.

Both offenses finished with exactly 348 yards.

Overall I thought these sliders were pretty good. I'm going to give them another shot with the Detroit Lions and maybe an elite team like the Ravens and see how they work out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 09:31 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 5

I did shut down Peterson one game. But another game Chris Johnson had 111 rushing yards and a 30 yard screen for a TD.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:59 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 6

*Acrobat, I'm thinking you may be on to something, here's how my second game went with these sliders, I might bump it up to All-Pro as well.

Not nearly as close as I thought this game was going to. Late season matchup between division leaders Rams (9-3-0) @ Titans (7-4-1)

Final Score

Rams---37
Titans---13

PASSING STATS

Marc Bulger
143.0 Rating---13/18---189 Yards---2 TD---0 INT

Kerry Collins
82.0 Rating---23/31---255 Yards---1 TD---2 INT

RUSHING STATS

Steven Jackson
28 ATT---166 Yards---1 TD

Chris Johnson (bummer here, I really expected more out of the CPU)
17 ATT---48 Yards---0 TD

RECEIVING STATS

Laurent Robinson
5 REC---104 Yards---1 TD

Kenny Britt
5 REC---44 Yards---0 TD

DEFENSIVE LEADERS

RAMS

Bradley Fletcher---1 sack---1 INT
Adam Carriker---1 Sack
James Laurinaitis---1 INT---1 TD

TITANS

Tony Brown---2 Sacks
Jovan Haye---1 Sack
Keith Bulluck---1 Sack

The game was played on 15 minute quarters, 20 second runoff, slow speed, 75 threshold.

Well, after two games using what Versuz2 suggested I'm torn. The first game I had was really close, but this game was just a blow out, it could've been a lot worse but I started calling a lot of conservative plays in the second half actually trying to let the CPU catch up.

What is really bumming me out is the lack of any run game from the CPU, ever. So far this season as the Rams I've been able to hold Adrian Peterson and Chris Johnson to sub 50 yard games (The game against the Vikings was played under Marino's custom sliders)

Kerry Collins had a decent day passing minus the picks, but I feel as if the CPU was able to get some life in the running game this slider set will be perfect, for me at least.

I think I'm going to bump the speed threshold back down to 50, as there was one instance in this game where I feel it cheated the Titans out of a score. The titans ran a screen play to Chris Johnson, who had one guy to beat, my LOLB Chris Draft should've been left in the dust, but he was able to catch CJ for only a 6 yard gain.

So I think for the next game I'm going to put the speed threshold back down to 50 and see where that gets me.

The root of all the blow-outs I've had so far in my franchise really seems to stem from the CPU having a horrible run game. It is possible that this is the type of slider that will give you blowouts, mixed in with close games, so I'm going to play a couple more games with them. If I continue to blow out the CPU I'm just going to go back to Marino's sliders.

*I am noticing that it is way to easy to pass the ball...
Old 08-19-2009, 10:59 PM   #28
Rookie

Guys i think normal speed 50 threshold min speed keeps everything fear imo i'm using 12 min qrts 20 sec run off its fun for me but i do agree with the completion percentages
Old 08-20-2009, 12:03 AM   #29
Rookie

Just did it on all-pro. 15 min, 25 sec run off 50 min speed threshold.

Texans (me) 24
Vikings (cpu) 27

Notable stats
Schaub- 17/27 253 yards 2 TDs/ 3 INTs
Favre- 19/27 237 yards 1 TD/1 INT

Slaton- 18 carries, 31 yards
Peterson- 30 carries, 183 yards, 2 TDs
Old 08-20-2009, 12:08 AM   #30
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorrinRadd12
Just did it on all-pro. 15 min, 25 sec run off 50 min speed threshold.

Texans (me) 24
Vikings (cpu) 27

Notable stats
Schaub- 17/27 253 yards 2 TDs/ 3 INTs
Favre- 19/27 237 yards 1 TD/1 INT

Slaton- 18 carries, 31 yards
Peterson- 30 carries, 183 yards, 2 TDs
I'm getting ready to try a game against the Texans (myself as the Rams) with the game set to All-Pro, CPU set to 100. I like the stats you got with the All-Pro
Old 08-20-2009, 12:15 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 4

Guys, one thing I'd like to mention is, if you are planning on tweaking these, the best way is still not touching the USER sliders, leaving it on a default of PRO or ALL-PRO.

The reason I say this, I thought I would go in and tweak a couple of things. So, I mimicked the PRO setting by setting all four areas to 5 and then went in individually to alter a couple of inner sliders. It SEEMED that me putting the overall slider set to custom altered the way it played (ie: I couldn't get ANY pressure on the QB until I went back to the original settings at PRO).

It's a small sample size and I could very well be imagining things, but it really seemed like messing with the USER sliders on custom hurt the playability of it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2009, 12:51 AM   #32
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

I tired these on Pro and it just seems to easy. You always have a WR opens on offense and the CPU's running game is horrible, IMO.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »