Home

SeanDylan's Realistic Sliders [Custom]

This is a discussion on SeanDylan's Realistic Sliders [Custom] within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2010, 03:20 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: SeanDylan's Realistic Sliders [Custom]

Fourth game statistics:

(User) St. Louis Rams (4-1) vs (CPU) San Diego Chargers (4-1)

Score: Rams win, 40-7

Rams:
Total offense: 312
Rushing yards: 124
Passing yards: 188
First downs: 12
Total yards: 422
Possession time: 11:36
Chargers:
Total offense: 357
Rushing yards: 122
Passing yards: 235
First downs: 18
Total yards: 357
Turnovers: 3
Possession time: 12:24

For the second game in a row, I have less offensive yards than the opposing team yet I still managed to dominant. The game itself felt good and nothing ridiculous really happened. I hate how the game is feeling good but I'm dominating a team that should be dominating me. The Chargers put together quite a few drives but were simply unable to capitalize. Here is a quick run down of the game.

The third play of the first series for the Chargers, Chris Long (user controlled) managed to get to Rivers, force a sack, and the ball ended up coming loose but the Chargers managed to keep it. The next play they punted.

The first series for me, I was stuffed twice in a row with Westbrook but decided to run a play action which worked perfectly. Bradford managed to hit Johnson for a 35 yard gain, putting me at the Charger 41. A few players later, I was in field goal range and managed to get about a 50 yard field goal.

In the second series for the Chargers, Matthews managed to get between center and guard, it was looking as though it would be a big play but I managed to hit stick him from the side, which Matthews easily avoided with a jump but as he was in mid-air, Butler came out of nowhere and hit him hard, forcing a fumble. I recovered and it put me at their own 31. The following play, I played a screen to Avery to get me to the 1. I eventually scored on a Bradford TD pass.

No score for a bit but then I got the ball back and Westbrook turned what looked like a three yard gain into a 51 yard TD run.

The next series for me is where I ended up throwing my first interception which gave the Chargers solid field position and they ended up scoring for the first time.

O and I forgot, it's about the fourth quarter now, I think the score is about 34-7, I'm not sure, but up until this point, the Chargers are 0 for 3 on field goals whereas I'm 2-2 on 50+ yard field goals. All three of the Chargers field goals were under 40 yards, I really need to adjust the accuracy. I really wish Madden had a setting for user controlled field goals and CPU controlled kicks, like NCAA had.

Later in the fourth, the Chargers have finally put together a good drive and get to the 10 or so. I managed to hold them for three downs and forced them into a long fourth and 13 situation. They decided to go for it since they're down by so much. Rivers has all day to throw but is unable to find anyone, he eventually forces it into Jackson where Butler picks it off (user controlled) and gets to the Chargers 2 yard line. The following play I score on a quick throw to Avery going across the middle.

The next drive for the Charges, Sproles breaks free for a 40+ yard run. The next play, since my defense is still extremely tired from the previous two longer plays (the Buttler 85+ yard return and Sproles long run) my defense was completely worn out, which forced Dwayne Jarret (acquired from Carolina in a trade) to play the #3 CB spot. He ended up picking it off (user controlled) and getting to the Charger 35.

I ended up getting two more additional field goals which put the score 40-7.

Passing:
S. Bradford - 98.8 16/30 191 YDS 53 COMP% 4 TD 1 INT 6.3 AVG 35 Long
P. Rivers - 53.8 24/43 254 YDS 55 COMP% 0 TD 2 INT 5.9 AVG 27 Long

This is my lowest QB rating yet, which I'm happy about but I still feel that the passing game could have been harder. The only reason why I threw an interception was because I accidentally clicked the wrong button. I meant to dish out a quick throw to Avery in the flats but instead I threw it deep and Jammer managed to come down with it. I'm going to be increasing QB accuracy (CPU) a bit because so far, it seems that the QB's are still not as accurate as I'd like. I'm still getting too many damn picks but this time around it was more realistic, I'll most likely be lowering the interception rating down.

Rushing:
B. Westbrook - 15 ATT 98 YDS 6.5 AVG 1 TD BTK 1 Long 51
K. Darby - 2 ATT 21 YDS 10.5 AVG
S. Bradford - 1 ATT 5 YDS
R. Matthews - 11 ATT 65 YDS 5.9 AVG 1 Fumb 1 BTK
D. Sproles - 3 ATT 62 YDS 20.6 AVG 1 TD 1 BTK 45 Long
J. Hester - 1 ATT 3 YDS
P. Rivers - 1 ATT -8 YDS

The rushing game on both sides of the ball is coming along well. I'm still managed to break off a few long runs but I'm getting stuffed more than I'm getting long gains. My bread and butter player is still working on a consistent basis. I'm liking where the current break tackle is at for both sides but I may be lowering my rushing attack down just a tad bit more since I'm still getting a decent average.

Receiving:
Total drops: 10
Drops for Rams: 7
Drops for Chargers: 3

This may seem like a lot of drops but I don't think it's excessive. Two of the drops occurred on plays where my players were getting hit. I expect a team like the Rams to have a lot of drops. The CPU catch rating seems to be right on but I may be increasing the catching for users.

Final thoughts:
I'm going to have to decrease kickoff power, decrease kicking power (I ended up going 4-4 from 50+ yards, yea Josh Brown has a huge leg but he isn't a great kicker by any means) increase kicking accuracy since the CPU missed all three of their kicks. I'm also going to be decreasing injuries since there was a total of 7. I have no idea why this year, compared to years past, have so many damn injuries, it's getting annoying.

Other than that I'm fairly happy with my sliders even though I'm still dominating. I think I'm going to have two sets of sliders, my current ones, and those for people who want a real challenge (since I'm still dominating the CPU, I'm going to adjust my current ones but give an even more benefit to the CPU).

Last edited by SeanDylan; 08-12-2010 at 03:25 PM.
Old 08-12-2010, 03:29 PM   #34
Rookie

Does anyone feel that with my sliders and the field goal accuracy that the CPU misses way too many field goals?

O and Bigpoppa, that sounds like an awesome game! I wish I could have similar games haha. I think the main reason as to why you're over throwing so many receivers is because Henne isn't an accurate QB. From what I know, he has a very strong arm but that's about it. If you put in Pennington you wouldn't have any problem with throwing the ball. I mean, I wouldn't do it since Pennington is old as **** but you've got to accept the overthrows Henne is currently making. Hopefully it's not an unrealistic amount, I doubt it is, but if you know football then you know sometimes screens won't always go as planned. I remember a few times last year where Rivers, who's considered to be one of the most accurate passers in the NFL (I completely disagree) was unable to convert on multiple screen passes to LT.
Old 08-12-2010, 03:34 PM   #35
Rookie

BigPoppa17211's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanDylan
Does anyone feel that with my sliders and the field goal accuracy that the CPU misses way too many field goals?

O and Bigpoppa, that sounds like an awesome game! I wish I could have similar games haha. I think the main reason as to why you're over throwing so many receivers is because Henne isn't an accurate QB. From what I know, he has a very strong arm but that's about it. If you put in Pennington you wouldn't have any problem with throwing the ball. I mean, I wouldn't do it since Pennington is old as **** but you've got to accept the overthrows Henne is currently making. Hopefully it's not an unrealistic amount, I doubt it is, but if you know football then you know sometimes screens won't always go as planned. I remember a few times last year where Rivers, who's considered to be one of the most accurate passers in the NFL (I completely disagree) was unable to convert on multiple screen passes to LT.
I wonder if because you are playing franchise it changes things? I seem to remember some ea games where it played different inside franchise as opposed to exhibition. I'm playing ex only so far. Maybe try a game in play now and see what happens??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2010, 04:05 PM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPoppa17211
I wonder if because you are playing franchise it changes things? I seem to remember some ea games where it played different inside franchise as opposed to exhibition. I'm playing ex only so far. Maybe try a game in play now and see what happens??
I'm going to have to try that but from what I've heard is that in franchise, all your rivals get a boost whenever you play them so I'm assuming franchise is even harder than exhibition but I could be wrong.

I decided to come out with a version +, which indicates that it's harder than my original sliders but I'm going to continue to update my original sliders as well as my harder ones. I'm hoping the harder ones that I've published will finally put an end to my domination with the Rams. I wouldn't recommend trying it until you start easily disposing your opponents with my original sliders.

Last edited by SeanDylan; 08-12-2010 at 04:11 PM.
Old 08-12-2010, 04:09 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 2

Just had an amazing game with the Bengals ( me ) vs the Ravens Defense was the name of the game for this one. ( How are you dominating im winning by like a field goal or losing everytime ) There was 249 yards of total offense for me and 299 for the Ravens. ( 49 plays for me and 43 for the computer 92 plays in total ) I won 21-14.

Passing

Palmer: 81.2 rating 12-23 52 % 117 yards 1 TD

Flacco:102.0 rating 12-18 66 % 212 yards 1 TD 1 INT

Rushing:

Benson: 18 ATT 109 yards 6 avg 1 TD
Scott: 5 ATT 34 yards 6.8 avg 1 TD
Palmer: 3 ATT -11 yards -3.6 avg 0 TDs 1 Fumble

Rice: 14 ATT 39 yards 2.7 avg 0 TDs
McGahee: 6 ATT 34 yards 5.6 avg 1 TD
Flacco: 3 ATT 28 yards 9.3 avg 0 TDs
McClain: 1 ATT -1 yards -1 avg 0 TDs
Mason: 1 ATT -1 yards -1 avg 0 TDs

Receiving:

Ochocino: 3 rec 49 yards 16.3 avg 0 TDs 2 drops ( got hit pretty on both )
Owens: 2 rec 13 yards 6.5 avg 0 TDs
Bryant: 2 rec 29 yards 14.5 avg 0 TDs
Benson: 1 rec -2 yards -2 avg 0 TDs 1 drop
Coats: 1 rec 4 yards 4 avg 1 TD
Kelly: 1 rec 2 yards 2 avg 0 TDs
Vakapuna: 1 rec 16 yards 16 avg 0 TDs
Scott: 1 rec 6 yards 6 avg 0 TDs
Gresham: 1 drop

( Wow I passed to a lot of people this game.. )

Clayton: 5 rec 110 yards 22.0 avg 1 TD 1 drop
Mason: 2 rec 14 yards 7 avg 0 TDs
Heap: 2 rec 57 yards 28.5 avg 0 TDs
Boldin: 1 rec 15 yards 15 avg 0 TDs
Dickson: 1 rec 8 yards 8 avg 0 TDs
Rice: 1 rec 8 yards 8 avg 0 TDs
McClain: 1 drop

Defense ( Notables only )

Rivers: 6 tackles 1 ast
Jones: 5 tackles
Crocker: 3 tackles 1 ast
Maualuga: 3 tackles 1 ast 2 tfl
Hodge: 3 tackles
Hall: 2 tackles 3 ast 1 tfl 1 INT
Odom: 2 tackles 1 tfl 1 Sack
Fanene: 1 tackle 1 tfl 1 Sack
Peko: 1 tackle 1 ast 1 tfl 1 Sack
Rucker: 1 tackle 1 ast 1 tfl 1 Sack

( Lots with 2 and under tackles )

Lewis: 6 tackles 2 ast 3 tfl
Gregg: 5 tackles 2 ast 5 tfl ( Beast )
Johnson: 3 tackles
Washhington: 3 tackles 2 ast 1 tfl
Suggs: 1 tackle 2 ast 1 Forced Fumble

( Lots with 2 and under tackles )

Kicking

Rayner 0-0

Graham 0-2 0 %

A lot less drops, None until the 4th quarter. The 2 drop Ochocinco had was on hard contact. Couldn't rush that well at the start, But I stuck with it and ended up having A good game running the ball. I used Carson Palmer as a game manager, Picked up some clutch 1st downs. Palmer threw a TD that ended up being the game winner into tight coverage on 3rd down. ( good thing he has a gun ) Couldn't believe I help Rice so well I usually get eaten up on the ground. Flacco made some nice passes. I was putting pressure on him most the game blitzing most dones.
Old 08-12-2010, 04:22 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 18

@ Chuckles, great game, looks like ray rice was held in check all game.

Carolina Panthers
UNC Tar Heels
SC Gamecocks
Old 08-12-2010, 04:50 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 18

@ SeanDylan, how are you killing everybody with the Rams when all the folks in this thread have a tough time. you must be a madden god, haha

Carolina Panthers
UNC Tar Heels
SC Gamecocks
Old 08-12-2010, 05:02 PM   #40
Rookie

That's a good question Chuckles and Carolina. I'm good at this game no doubt and I've always done well online but I'm getting angry at myself for dominating, I really want to lose, haha.

It's why I decided to come out with new sliders, hopefully these harder ones will finally let me lose, but in a realistic way, I'll post my results when I play, but I'm extremely happy to find that my sliders thus far have been working out for everyone! They felt about right when I was playing the game.

@ Chuckles - only 110-120 plays per game? Are you factoring in punts, kicks, PAT's, etc? I'm pretty sure those all count in the NFL. If you're using the same quarter length we should be having about the same number of plays.

Last edited by SeanDylan; 08-12-2010 at 05:06 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »