Home

SeanDylan's Realistic Sliders [Custom]

This is a discussion on SeanDylan's Realistic Sliders [Custom] within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2010, 06:11 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
SeanDylan's Realistic Sliders [Custom]

I want to start off by saying that I've used sliders the past two years in both Madden and NCAA. I've been playing Madden since '97 so I'm a veteran player. I've decided to finally create my own sliders since I play this game a lot and no one has yet to figure out good sliders to use. Since I'm fairly new to this, I can't promise accurate games right off the bat. The first game I played in Madden I played as the Rams in my franchise on All-Pro, I beat the Cardinals 63-20. I then decided to play the Raiders on All-Madden and I had no chance, I lost 14-42. I came on here and saw that there was yet any accurate sliders so I decided to make my own. My third game of the franchise, first time using my own sliders, I beat the Redskins 23-7. The main reason was due to how many interceptions I was able to get. I feel that this isn't as accurate as I'd like but it's a starting point. I didn't feel in control of the game until the fourth quarter.

So for now, this is a starting point and after every game I will be reporting back. If you want to help me out and use my current sliders to benefit the community and get additional feedback that would be tremendous. But for now, I wouldn't recommend using these sliders until I feel it's fairly accurate. So without further ado, here are the sliders as well as the statistics from my first game.

O and any slider number that I've changed will be in red.

UPDATE:
Since I'm getting a lot of tremendous feedback for my current sliders, I'm going to continue to update them but I will not be changing anything drastic unless I really need to. What I'm going to do is come out with an even tougher version of my sliders and I would only recommend trying them if you're currently dominating the CPU with my original sliders.

Original realistic sliders Version 1.7 (on a side note, all sliders are updated every time I post statistics so they are as accurate as possible):

Game Length: 6 minutes
Accelerated Clock: off
Injuries: 25 (this is as low as it is because it seems as though there is an excessive amount of injuries)
Fatigue: 60 (if you want to be a bit more realistic and make it tougher on you, put the fatigue to 70-75, this will wear down the players you use the most very quickly, meaning you'll need to have a lot of depth if you want to succeed. Which also means if you like to run it a lot, you'll most likely need two quality RB's)
Game Speed: Slow
Player Min Speed Threshold: 45 (anymore then that it seems as though route running becomes unrealistic and a fast WR can easily out run the DB's)
Fight for the fumble: On

Penalties:
Offside: 50 (if you read what it says, this isn't for how frequent the ref's call offsides it actually says how frequent the CPU goes offsides, same goes for false starts)
False Start: 50
Holding: 50 (usually happens once to twice a game)
Facemask: 50 (people are complaining about face masks but in three games there's only been 1 face mask call)
Defensive Pass Interference: 65 (I feel this is accurate because you will be called if you block the WR at all but it's not to the extent of barely touching them you'll get called)
Offensive Pass Interference: 55
KR / PR Interference: 100 (should be called everytime if it happens)
Clipping: 50
Int Grounding: 75
Roughing the passer: 70 (sometimes you'll get away with it, usually you don't, just like in real life)
Roughing the kicker: 100

Player Skill: Custom
Note - At first glance it looks as though there exists only four sliders. Press "A" on each to access the additional sliders.

Passing:

QB Accuracy: 27
Pass Blocking: 30
WR Catching: 28 (bad receiving corps will have a few dropped balls while good players will rarely drop a ball)

Rushing:
Broken Tackles: 31 (This may seem a bit low but remember that I'm playing as the Rams with SJAX, you may need to raise this up to 38-40 if you have someone like J. Charles who's a speedster but not very powerful if you're not getting the amount of BTK's that you deem realistic)
Run Blocking: 28
Fumbles: 40

Pass Defense:

Reaction time: 36
Interceptions: 20
Pass rushing: 40

Rush Defense:

Reaction time: 30
Block Shedding: 30
Tackling: 55 (this is set to a bit higher due to the amount of broken tackles the opposing team usually gets, it's kind of ridiculous, a player like McFadden on All-Madden broke about 15 tackles in a single game, so far this seems like a good number where powerful runners get 4-5 per game whereas speedsters don't get as many)

CPU Skill:

Passing:
QB Accuracy: 48 (I'm setting it higher than most people but it seems as though the comp % isn't where it should be and they are throwing too many interceptions)
Pass Blocking: 41
WR Catching: 38

Rushing:
Broken Tackles: 47
Run Blocking: 65
Fumbles: 48

Pass Defense:
Reaction time: 90
Interceptions: 45
Pass Rushing: 52

Rush Defense:
Reaction time: 63
Block Shedding: 49
Tackling: 55

Special Teams:
FG Power: 30
FG Accuracy: 50
Punt Power: 40
Punt Accuracy: 85
Kickoff Power: 25

Version 1.0+ (these are my tougher sliders, only use these after you've used my original sliders and you're easily dominating the opponent):

UPDATE: Since some of you gentlemen are still winning with ease (which seem to only be a select few), I've decided in certain sliders, that I will include points where you can subtract or add to make the game more challenging, I've given my suggested amount to make the game still feel realistic but almost unbearably hard. These points will be marked with a purple star such as this *. Obviously you don't have to change it if you don't want to but what I've figured to be a huge factor in games is to check what your QB and their QB is doing. If you're able to throw the ball around with ease, I'd highly suggest lower the QB accuracy. If they are unable to make too many throws, I'd suggest upping the CPU accuracy. If both are realistic and rushing is the problem, then adjust it that way.

Game Length: 6 minutes
Accelerated Clock: off
Injuries: 25
Fatigue: 68 *75-80
Game Speed: Slow
Player Min Speed Threshold: 45 *55
Fight for the fumble: On

Penalties:
Offside: 50
False Start: 50
Holding: 50
Facemask: 50
Defensive Pass Interference: 95
Offensive Pass Interference: 55
KR / PR Interference: 100
Clipping: 50
Int Grounding: 75
Roughing the passer: 70
Roughing the kicker: 100

Player Skill: Custom
Note - At first glance it looks as though there exists only four sliders. Press "A" on each to access the additional sliders.

Passing:

QB Accuracy: 23 *10-15
Pass Blocking: 25 *20
WR Catching: 28 *22

Rushing:
Broken Tackles: 30 *20-23
Run Blocking: 28 *22-24
Fumbles: 35

Pass Defense:

Reaction time: 30 *23
Interceptions: 5
Pass rushing: 36 *32

Rush Defense:

Reaction time: 28 *25
Block Shedding: 30 *23
Tackling: 55

CPU Skill:

Passing:
QB Accuracy: 58 *68-72
Pass Blocking: 43 *46
WR Catching: 45 *55

Rushing:
Broken Tackles: 48 *55
Run Blocking: 65 *70
Fumbles: 58 *70

Pass Defense:
Reaction time: 99
Interceptions: 60 *67
Pass Rushing: 55 *59

Rush Defense:
Reaction time: 65 *72
Block Shedding: 50 *58
Tackling: 55 *58

Special Teams:
FG Power: 15 *5
FG Accuracy: 50
Punt Power: 15 *5
Punt Accuracy: 45
Kickoff Power: 5

First game statistics:

Rams (User) Vs Redskins
Rams win 23-7.

Passing:
Rams (User)
S. Bradford - 116.9 17/23 214 YDS, 73% COMP, 1 TD, 9.3 AVG
A. Feeley - 109.7 2/3 48 YDS 66% COMP 16.0 AVG
Washington (CPU)
D. McNabb - 55.7 16/27 204 YDS, 59 COMP% 1 TD 4 INT 7.5 AVG

I've got to do additional adjusting to the passing since Bradford should not be completing 73 percent. Most of the balls I threw were quality throws but regardless, he's a rookie whos 80 overall. As far as Mcnabb is concerned, I think around the 50-65 percent completion percentage is fairly accurate the only problem was the fact that he ended up throwing four interceptions. Three of the four were completely user based but I will be adjusting the sliders accordingly, most likely dropping my defensive interception ability as well as reactions.

Total plays: 102
Time of Possession:
Rams: 13:27
Washington: 6:33
Total offense:
Rams: 386
Washington: 218
First downs:
Rams: 16
Washington: 8

So the total number of plays is fairly accurate in my opinion. I did try to run out the clock in the fourth so there most likely would have been additional players but from my knowledge, there should be around 55-65 plays for each team. For this reason, I'm going to increase the quarters by 1 minute.

Rushing:
Rams:
S. Jackson - 23 ATT 134 YDS 5.8 AVG 1 TD 7 BTK 53 Long
K. Darby - 3 ATT -5 YDS -1.6 AVG
S. Bradford - 1 ATT 6 YDS
Washington:
C. Portis 5 ATT 16 YDS 3.2 AVG 1 BTK
D. McNabb 1 ATT 3 YDS
D. Thomas 1 ATT 4 YDS

The rushing doesn't seem too accurate but that's mostly because I was up for the most part of the game so Washington was forced to throw. Even though Portis only ran 5 times, I thought he did a decent job. He only average 3.2 but he had a few quality runs. The run blocking will be adjust a bit as well as the running ability of the opposing team. As far as my rushing is concerned, I feel that it's fairly accurate. The only problem is that I'm one of the worst teams in the NFL and SJax isn't a speedster, so if you're going to use these sliders, look to lower your rushing ability / run blocking down a bit. I'm most likely going to low it a tad but the reason why my average was as high as it was, was due to a long run by Sjax. It was a stretch play to the outside, I had absolutely no room, but I ended up breaking three tackles and getting to the endzone. Without the long run, I most likely would have gotten around 100 yards with a 4 or so yard average.

I'm not going to get into the receiving stats because there isn't much point but I feel that it's important to note that there was only 3 drops in the entire game, two for Washington (1 by wade 1 by Moss and 1 by Gibson who's on my team)

I feel that this isn't as accurate as I'd like since I'm playing with the Rams and Avery is currently injured. My guys should be dropping a bit more balls and I feel that around two, if not more, drops should happen for the CPU. So I'll be adjusting the catching accordingly.

Last edited by SeanDylan; 08-13-2010 at 04:48 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2010, 07:47 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: SeanDylan's Realistic Sliders [Custom]

Second game statistics:

(CPU) Seattle Seahawks (1-2) at (User) St. Louis Rams (2-1)

Score: Rams win 66-10 in a complete domination
Rams:
Total Offense: 409
Rushing Yards: 166
Passing Yards: 243
First Downs: 16
PR Yards: 98 (Avery gave me solid field position almost every time)
KR Yards: 148 (I broke one for a TD)
Total Yards: 655
Possession time: 12:02
Seahawks:
Total Offense: 281
Rushing Yards: 116
Passing Yards: 165
First Downs: 9
PR Yards: 1
KR Yards: 0
Total Yards: 282
Possession time: 11:58

Total plays: 147 (more what I'm looking for, compared to last game)

Passing:
S. Bradford - 117.6 17/32 243 YDS 53 COMP% 5 TD 7.5 AVG 44 Long
M. Hasselbeck - 30.4 14/34 171 YDS 41 COMP% 1 TD 3 INT 5.0 AVG 65 Long

Comparing the stats from the previous game to this it seems a bit weird. My QB rating stayed about the same but that's mostly because I threw for 5 TD's, my comp percentage went down from 73 to 53, which is more realistic for Bradford. I still have yet to throw an INT even though Seattle had two tremendous oppurtunities. This game the throwing seemed much more realistic, Bradford overthrew quite a few balls. It wasn't a ridiculous amount but I'm liking the accuracy with my player skill.

I'm unsure about the CPU skill though, I increased the QB accuracy from my last game since McNabb, a fairly accurate QB, only completed 53 percent of his passes. After increasing it around 5-7, Hasselback threw an even worse game. Now I know Hasselback is even worse but regardless, he had a horrible game. I still managed to get three picks, which were all user picks, but I've got a feeling I need to lower reaction time as well as interceptions down a bit.

O and another thing I'd like to add is that the defense is mentally ******** when it comes to calling defensive plays. If I run the ball on first and second down and get stuffed both times, the liklihood of them calling a full out blitz is about 75 percent. You can tell they're about to blitz by how close to the line they are, I instantly audible out, and I tend to get big plays when this happens. I got three huge plays, on third and 15+ because of the CPU being dumb.

Rushing:
S. Jackson - 27 ATT 166 YDS 6.1 AVG 3 TD 3 BTK 52 1STH 59 Long
J. Forsett - 11 ATT 48 YDS 4.3 AVG 0 TD 0 BTK
L. Washington - 9 ATT 76 YDS 8.4 AVG 3 BTK 54 Long
J. Jones - 2 ATT -1 YDS
M. Hasselback - 1 ATT -7 YDS

Rushing this time around for the CPU felt a bit more accurate. Washington broke more tackles than I'd like but I think it's because of my horrible defense. Forsett was stuffed a few times but managed a few decent runs, he didn't break any tackles, but he isn't a powerful runner. I'm like where the current CPU running sliders are at but I think I will increase them only slightly.

As far as my player skills is concerned, I guess I'm going to have to lower it again. My bread and butter offensive rushing play is the stretch, it works really well and I managed to break two long TD runs out of it. I like the amount of BTK's I had in this game, it's more realistic than the six I had last game but the average is still a bit high so I'm going to have to lower my player skills in the rushing category.

Receiving stats:

Now I'm not going to put any statistics here besides the number of drops for each team.

Total Drops: 5
Drops for Rams: 3
Drops for Seattle: 2

Now I'm liking the amount of drops a bit more. Leon Washington and Deion Branch were the people who dropped balls, which I think is fairly realistic. Washington doesn't have the best of hands and branch is a mediocre WR. I will accept three drops on my team since I'm the Rams who have a horrible WR corps. Most of the drops came on key plays but that's realistic.

Defensive stats:
Sacks: 1 (Rams)
INT: 3 (All Rams)

Like I've said previously, I'm going to have to lower the reaction time for my pass defense as well as interceptions. I think there should be more sacks than there currently are so for both teams, I'll be upping the pass rush to see what happens. I'd like to see 1-3 sacks per game, sometimes a bit more, sometimes none at all.

Final Thoughts:
I know the score looks ridiculous but it's mostly because I played a great game defensively. I was able to pick off Hasselback three times, all user picks. I got off to an early lead with the help of Avery. His kick return average was 49.3, he only had three returns, and I managed to score a TD with him on one of them. He also had four punt returns where he averaged 24.5 yards and had a long of 44. For some reason if I ever get in the clear with him I'm able to break a long return, whether it's a kick return or punt return. He put me in good field position for the first three scores and the two early interceptions helped me put the game away quickly. I still have some adjusting to do but hopefully this game was a bit of a fluke.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:33 AM   #3
MVP

fantasysportsguy's Arena

OVR: 10

I appreciate the work you slider guys do, so don't take what I'm going to say as an attack. Any slider set that allows a user to score 66 points should be scrapped and not even posted. I understand you played well on "D", but 66 point games shouldn't ever occur....EVER, so it might be worth starting over on these because that's just an insane amount of points.

I think Madden 11 is going to be a great game but the game right now is ludicrous with all this offense.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:37 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasysportsguy
I appreciate the work you slider guys do, so don't take what I'm going to say as an attack. Any slider set that allows a user to score 66 points should be scrapped and not even posted. I understand you played well on "D", but 66 point games shouldn't ever occur....EVER, so it might be worth starting over on these because that's just an insane amount of points.

I think Madden 11 is going to be a great game but the game right now is ludicrous with all this offense.
I fully agree with you. The thing about it is the reason why I was able to put up as many points as I did, was due to me having three interceptions (which were all user controlled), Avery putting me into scoring position every time he had a return, and the dumb play calls by the CPU on third and long. Three times I was able to pull of a huge gain because I knew the CPU was blitzing, all three times I should not have gotten the first down but I can't do anything about what the CPU calls.

I obviously adjusted everything accordingly but I can't do anything about punt or kick returns, they're just too damn easy. The only way to really adjust it is to raise the speed threshold so that a player like Haynesworth can catch up to Leon Washington, because that is basically what All-Madden does for the CPU.

I've compared my sliders to most of the ones currently out and it seems as though mine, for the most part, are harder than anyone else. Try it out for a game and tell me the results, maybe you can assist me in creating realistic sliders!

Last edited by SeanDylan; 08-11-2010 at 08:40 AM.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:41 AM   #5
MVP

fantasysportsguy's Arena

I'd be glad to help, my friend. When I get off work this evening I'll use yours and start trying them out. I will definitely have to bump up the time to 9 minutes though because I'm one of those guys that actually enjoy using the play clock and picking the right plays.

I hope you didn't take what I said the wrong way. I don't think you did, but I really do appreciate the work you and others are putting in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2010, 08:43 AM   #6
Rookie

Haha, not at all bud! The thing is, like I said previously, I completely agree with you. I was stoked I was putting up a massive amount of points but it just isn't realistic. When will the Rams, at home, ever put up 66 points against a superior Seattle team? My answer, never. I'll most likely have played a few more times before you arrive home so make sure to check back right before you start playing to get the updated sliders.

I still can't figure out a realistic way to make punt and kick returns harder.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:45 AM   #7
MVP

fantasysportsguy's Arena

Sure thing.....I'm more than happy to help out any way I can.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:47 PM   #8
Rookie

the best way to make kick/punt returns harder...DONT control the returner..let the AI control him for every second of the return..

and dont switch players on D...control one player for the entire play..

its a shame that we have to come up with "house rules" to make the game play legit...but we continue to buy an inferior game :-(

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »